Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 6:09:32 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

JSOnline wrote:
Green Bay - When DuJuan Harris returned home to Florida this off-season, he suddenly had dozens of new "friends." One by one, they emerged from the shadows.

"Yeah," Harris joked, "a lot more cousins, too."

This is what happens when you go from selling cars to starting in the Green Bay Packers' backfield in a matter of weeks. Last season was a whirlwind for the 5-foot-7 lightning bug. The second-year pro from Troy finished as the Packers' top back, rushing for 257 yards on 62 carries with four scores in six games. This off-season - as outside pressure mounts for Green Bay to land a bigger, durable, every-down back - Harris has hit the mute button.

Be it criticism directed at the Packers' current backs or praise from his own head coach at the NFL's owners meetings, Harris isn't paying much attention to anything.

So far, that attitude has worked.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 6:50:09 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 451
Applause Received: 272

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post


It sounds like maybe he is a good person in addition to a good runner. I'm rooting for him, but he still needs to prove he can do it for a full season and without the benefit of catching teams by surprise. Whether we draft a new guy or just go with somebody we already have, it should be in tandem with Harris until or unless he plays his way out of the job. My prediction is Green with Harris (unless by some miracle we draft Montee Ball), backed up by Starks and maybe Grant (spew, you Grant haters hahaha).

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 10:53:39 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,627
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like maybe he is a good person in addition to a good runner. I'm rooting for him, but he still needs to prove he can do it for a full season and without the benefit of catching teams by surprise. Whether we draft a new guy or just go with somebody we already have, it should be in tandem with Harris until or unless he plays his way out of the job. My prediction is Green with Harris (unless by some miracle we draft Montee Ball), backed up by Starks and maybe Grant (spew, you Grant haters hahaha).



Dude needs to keep the fire.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 11:09:48 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 1,073

I respect the heck out of a guy that doesn't need to rely upon words to portray a sense of confidence, or worry about what the world thinks of him or his place in it. I would much rather have a guy that just exudes a silent confidence, puts in the time and gets it done. Then allow the chips to fall were they may.

Some may think it is a lack of ego or competitiveness.. when in reality in many cases, it is even a more driven person that values little in the spoken word.

He knows what failure feels like and he also knows he has a opportunity to seize in front of him.. if he is ready and willing.. he will clench hold and never look back all the while welcoming the challenge of the next man up.

It is the frail that fear competition for their spot on the team..
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 11:11:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I respect the heck out of a guy that doesn't need to rely upon words to portray a sense of confidence, or worry about what the world thinks of him or his place in it. I would much rather have a guy that just exudes a silent confidence, puts in the time and gets it done. Then allow the chips to fall were they may.

Some may think it is a lack of ego or competitiveness.. when in reality in many cases, it is even a more driven person that values little in the spoken word.

He knows what failure feels like and he also knows he has a opportunity to seize in front of him.. if he is ready and willing.. he will clench hold and never look back all the while welcoming the challenge of the next man up.

It is the frail that fear competition for their spot on the team..


I think this was a shot at Aaron Rodgers, lol.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 11:16:19 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 1,073

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I think this was a shot at Aaron Rodgers, lol.


No.. the last sentence was a shot at his predecessor.. many of a players at that specific position on the team are afflicted with that condition.. competition seems to be fine except at the QB position.. not many a QB seem to be able to function with competition directly behind them.. thus they set the dynamic up to "force" the team to resolve that situation. Wide spread around the league..

Now... to date, Aaron seems to lack that flaw and seems to openly embrace talent behind him in both Flynn and Harrell.. or whomever is on the roster... willing to help them develop for the good of the team. That seems to be rare for the pampered QB species to adopt.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 11:19:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
No.. the last sentence was a shot at his predecessor.. many of a players at that specific position on the team are afflicted with that condition.. competition seems to be fine except at the QB position.. not many a QB seem to be able to function with competition directly behind them.. thus they set the dynamic up to "force" the team to resolve that situation. Wide spread around the league..

Now... to date, Aaron seems to lack that flaw and seems to openly embrace talent behind him in both Flynn and Harrell.. or whomever is on the roster... willing to help them develop for the good of the team. That seems to be rare for the pampered QB species to adopt.


Ooh! I see now. Yes, Aaron Rodgers welcomes the depth behind him at QB. Even in 2008 he took both Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn under his wing to help them as much as he could. I thought that was a sense of confidence himself that "hey I can help you, because it'll help me and I know I have confidence that I'm the best of the group" although that probably came off arrogant to some folks.

lol @ pampered QB's ... c'mon now ...
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 12:03:13 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
No.. the last sentence was a shot at his predecessor.. many of a players at that specific position on the team are afflicted with that condition.. competition seems to be fine except at the QB position.. not many a QB seem to be able to function with competition directly behind them.. thus they set the dynamic up to "force" the team to resolve that situation. Wide spread around the league..

Now... to date, Aaron seems to lack that flaw and seems to openly embrace talent behind him in both Flynn and Harrell.. or whomever is on the roster... willing to help them develop for the good of the team. That seems to be rare for the pampered QB species to adopt.


This post should be archived for 8 years and brought back out when Green Bay uses their first rounder on Aaron's replacement. We'll see if he acts like the petulant child Favre was when Aaron was drafted.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 12:06:19 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 1,073

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
This post should be archived for 8 years and brought back out when Green Bay uses their first rounder on Aaron's replacement. We'll see if he acts like the petulant child Favre was when Aaron was drafted.


Agreed... hence the too this point.. lol.

Just seems to be the way of the QB.. afraid of competition for their spot. Weeeee!!
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 12:19:23 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post


lol @ pampered QB's ... c'mon now ...


You don't like being reminded of being the BMOC do you? Hating the big man on campus seems to have served 93 well in life. I really don't like the BMOC much either, but you've been through enough in life that I always give you a pass, Zero. Neener, Neener
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/25/2013(UTC)
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:32:28 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 12/11/2012(UTC)

Applause Received: 97

JerseyAl wrote:
Packers running back DuJuan Harris has been getting a lot of attention lately. Here's what Packers coach Mike McCarthy recently said about him: "Oh, he’s going to play for us next season. That’s his responsibility if wants to be the starter
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:46:32 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 1/19/2009(UTC)
Location: London, UK (from kenosha)

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 100

Flavor of the month -

too small not enough power -

instead of having like 10 rbs we need just 1 decent one ... just one ... and grant and harris are not it.
really like it if we had a power back -
Offline Porforis  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:24:07 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
Flavor of the month -

too small not enough power -

instead of having like 10 rbs we need just 1 decent one ... just one ... and grant and harris are not it.
really like it if we had a power back -


Yes, all we need is to find a RB that can run effectively with the offensive line not getting any push or developing holes. Maybe we can call up Nightcrawler from the X-Men to BAMF his way past the line.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 3/26/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 3/26/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:02:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,627
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
Flavor of the month -

too small not enough power -

instead of having like 10 rbs we need just 1 decent one ... just one ... and grant and harris are not it.
really like it if we had a power back -


Since when does he not have power?

Only rap on him that I know of is his size.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/26/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

54m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / coltonja

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

19h / Announcements / Zero2Cool

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan