Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
9 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#31 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 6:51:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I don't see any harm in bringing Grant back for another shot at the roster.

Face. Palm. Silenced Bang Head WTF?
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#32 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:38:33 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I don't see any harm in bringing Grant back for another shot at the roster.

You, my friend, seriously need to hang out at some sites that don't exclusively cater to just Packers fans. There is a whole wide world out there.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#33 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:23:29 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,299
Applause Received: 573

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
You, my friend, seriously need to hang out at some sites that don't exclusively cater to just Packers fans. There is a whole wide world out there.

I've been critical of Grant, and he does have his limitations, but I think he's worth a TC spot if he's still got something in the tank. Especially with the injuries we annually suffer at the position.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 4/4/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#34 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:58:18 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post

Well so far Ted is who most thought he would be.

Not gonna get involved in high price FA.

He may sign a couple of 2nd or 3rd tier FA, but nobody who will get anyone on this forum excited.

Next step NFL draft!!!!

Edited original post to keep up with any changes.
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline play2win  
#35 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:09:12 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

buckeye, if that was your call, you were dead nuts on. Kudos man!

I was not seeing the light at the time and have since taken another look at the big picture. I've realized Ted's task to keep Rodgers and Matthews is a bit daunting, especially when you consider he will want to do that in such a way that doesn't kick our asses in the future. If in fact that is his plan. It sure looks like it, and I cannot fault him for not being a player in FA this year. Maybe he is looking more 2014-2017 for a NEW window, allowing our previous window to close a bit.

Zero mentioned our shot was 2011 and 2012 and I agree. It didn't happen, so this seems a prudent way to move forward. Run what you have in 2013 while cutting as many high priced contracts as possible, and let the 2013 chips fall where they may.

You were right. I was wrong. I just wanted us to win so badly, 2011, 2012, and now. But, looking at the bigger picture, now may just have to be what it is so that we can have a future window, with more realistic chances to win it all.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#36 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:16:36 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
buckeye, if that was your call, you were dead nuts on. Kudos man!

I was not seeing the light at the time and have since taken another look at the big picture. I've realized Ted's task to keep Rodgers and Matthews is a bit daunting, especially when you consider he will want to do that in such a way that doesn't kick our asses in the future. If in fact that is his plan. It sure looks like it, and I cannot fault him for not being a player in FA this year. Maybe he is looking more 2014-2017 for a NEW window, allowing our previous window to close a bit.

Zero mentioned our shot was 2011 and 2012 and I agree. It didn't happen, so this seems a prudent way to move forward. Run what you have in 2013 while cutting as many high priced contracts as possible, and let the 2013 chips fall where they may.

You were right. I was wrong. I just wanted us to win so badly, 2011, 2012, and now. But, looking at the bigger picture, now may just have to be what it is so that we can have a future window, with more realistic chances to win it all.

Nobody's "right or wrong" here, I just thought it would be fun to put the whole roster down before FA started and see just how close it was at the start of the season.

I am looking at The Ravens right now, they won the SB, signed their QB to a huge contract, but obviously they were not prepared looking at the # of starters that they had to let go.

Ted seems to always be thinking 3 years ahead, Raji,Mathews,Rodgers contracts are all coming up, along with many more players, bringing in players who might or might not make The Packers better just seems to be to much of a risk.

Just read where Ted signed Francois, and let Crabtree go, gotta go update my roster again!!!! lol
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/17/2013(UTC), play2win on 3/17/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:23:27 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Damn, C'mon Ted do something, getting tired of bumping this up with no changes to be made!!!!!!
Offline Bigbyfan  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:53:37 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

A player I'd like to see the Packers pick up in the 2nd or 3rd round is the Strong Safety out of FIU, Jonathan Cyprien. Haven't really heard much talk about the guy, but he can flat out play. He has good speed, is both a solid tackler and big hitter, and knows how to make plays at the line of scrimmage. Pairing him with Burnett would give the Packers a solid Safety tandem for years to come.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/19/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#39 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:40:41 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Packers | High on current safeties
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:39:43 -0700

One source close to the team said the Green Bay Packers are high on safeties M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian and Sean Richardson next to FS Morgan Burnett. The team did not pursue high-priced safeties in the free-agent market, surprising some agents. However, the team feels they might have the answer internally.

Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - Tyler Dunne

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team...ay-packers#ixzz2ODFTYoSR

I have Ted drafting a safety this year, Bigbyfan, your guy may be the one.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#40 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2013 11:19:58 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Just updated draft picks adding the 1 extra pick Packers receive.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#41 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2013 1:51:30 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Guess I can put Jermichal Finley on the 53man roster.
Packers paid him his money today.
With Donald Driver and Greg Jennings both gone, JM will probably be asked to do more, I just hope he doesn't turn into one of those chatty diva types.
Laughing
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#42 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:41:32 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

"According to Matteo Gandini of Sportitalia, former University of California kicker Giorgio Tavecchio has signed with the Packers. The move was also confirmed by John Breech of CBSSports.com."

A little competition in TC doesn't hurt, but in the end Mason Crosby will probably be The packers K.
I'm adding Tavecchio to the roster for now.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 2:40:27 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Added Loyce Means to roster, did not put him on 53 man, added him to players who will be fightning for roster spot.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:12:36 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Just saw where Zombo has signed with The Chiefs, depth at LB is getting thin in Green Bay.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:27:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Pack93z  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:19:47 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Just saw where Zombo has signed with The Cardinals, depth at LB is getting thin in Green Bay.

This is not a huge concern, IMO.. Zombo and Walden were both inconsistent players in their time here.. I would rather plug in a couple rookies or street free agents later in the game than continue to hope either become the answer.

We have decent numbers yet at the edges..

Matthews
Perry
Moses
Johnson

Couple that with a draft pick, a couple UDFA's and maybe a veteran later.. we will be fine. Baring a run on injuries again that is.

Personally, I think Moses really jumps in development and becomes a strong #3 at the edges.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 4/3/2013(UTC), DakotaT on 4/4/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed