Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:25:46 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 193

Eagles | Unlikely to receive much for Asante Samuel

The Philadelphia Eagles will unlikely receive more than a sixth-round draft pick in return for CB Asante Samuel.

This scares me because if the Lions or Bears decide a 6th rounder is no big deal and they pull the trigger, it would make the defenses that much better.

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Sponsor
Offline Wade  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:35:39 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 645
Applause Received: 657

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Eagles | Unlikely to receive much for Asante Samuel

The Philadelphia Eagles will unlikely receive more than a sixth-round draft pick in return for CB Asante Samuel.

This scares me because if the Lions or Bears decide a 6th rounder is no big deal and they pull the trigger, it would make the defenses that much better.

IMO Samuel is one of the most overrated players at his position. I wouldn't be bothered if he ends up with a division team. Aaron Rodgers and GJ would own him.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Formo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:32:00 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
IMO Samuel is one of the most overrated players at his position. I wouldn't be bothered if he ends up with a division team. Aaron Rodgers and GJ would own him.

I saw something like 31 long passes (20+ yards) thrown on him, only one was complete. Can't be THAT bad.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:05:01 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
I saw something like 31 long passes (20+ yards) thrown on him, only one was complete. Can't be THAT bad.

first thought to this was, how many flags were thrown on those plays lol
UserPostedImage
Offline Packers_Finland  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:21:19 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

Asante Samuel isn't Pro Bowl level, but damn, a 6th? He warrants much more than that.

He's a great cover corner, but not a great tackler.
This is a placeholder
Offline Stevetarded  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:22:15 PM(UTC)
Stevetarded

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 63

He's one of the best cover guys in the league. He can't tackle for shit but he rarely lets a pass get past him. For some reason he has a reputation for being a gambler and getting beat a lot but it isn't true. He really does shut guys down for the most part.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:53:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded Go to Quoted Post
He's one of the best cover guys in the league. He can't tackle for shit but he rarely lets a pass get past him. For some reason he has a reputation for being a gambler and getting beat a lot but it isn't true. He really does shut guys down for the most part.

Do you have any numbers to support he shuts guys down? I'm one of the guys who thinks he's more of a gambler, but I've only seen in him a few games which is why I'm interested in numbers to support what you're saying. Because, I think he's over rated, but am open to hearing more.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:02:13 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

I remember hearing something about him having the most INTs since 2007.
UserPostedImage

Offline lolleren  
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:33:56 PM(UTC)
lolleren

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 8

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland Go to Quoted Post
Asante Samuel isn't Pro Bowl level, but damn, a 6th? He warrants much more than that.

He's a great cover corner, but not a great tackler.

I wouldnt pay him the 10 mill per year his contract demands, and neither will the eagles so they will probaly end up cutting him if they cant find a trading partner that will give a low pick, and samuels like the situation enough to redo his contract.
blank
Offline Stevetarded  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2012 6:13:16 PM(UTC)
Stevetarded

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 63

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Do you have any numbers to support he shuts guys down? I'm one of the guys who thinks he's more of a gambler, but I've only seen in him a few games which is why I'm interested in numbers to support what you're saying. Because, I think he's over rated, but am open to hearing more.

It's hard to find too many numbers for CBs but I found this from the year before last.
http://www.profootballfo...backs-cover-snaps-count/

If you scroll down to "receptions allowed per times in coverage" he was 2nd best in the league between Nnamdi and Revis.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 4/25/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:26:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Sounds like he's going to the Falcons for a late round pick if he modifies his contract.

Originally Posted by: Stevetarded Go to Quoted Post
It's hard to find too many numbers for CBs but I found this from the year before last.
http://www.profootballfo...backs-cover-snaps-count/

If you scroll down to "receptions allowed per times in coverage" he was 2nd best in the league between Nnamdi and Revis.

That doesn't really say much. You could have a player play 400 snaps of pass coverage defense and thrown at 30 times and 25 of them caught. Those 5 that were missed, bad throw?, pass defensed?, or was the ball Finley'd ...err dropped?

Like that article starts out with, it's pretty dang hard to analyze cornerbacks statistically. You'd need to see how many times they were targeted, how many times they broke up the pass, intercepted the pass, tipped the ball but caught, receiver simply dropped it, etc ...
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:08:43 PM(UTC)
dhazer

he structured his contract to add a 3rd year and it cost the Falcons an amazing 7th round pick

The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to acquire Philadelphia Eagles CB Asante Samuel, and they will sign him to a three-year, $18.5 million deal, according to a league source.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 25, 2012 2:23:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:46:29 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Asante wouldn't be a bad fit for the team. He is primarily a zone corner. Though I would take Woodson over him if the money was equal.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed