Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:13:55 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,366
Applause Received: 600

Which one is a bigger megalomaniac?

PFT

Quote:
The scuttlebutt in league circles is that Jennings is looking for a deal in free agency that pays as much as $12 million per year.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Sponsor
Offline shield4life  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:22:51 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

How about none of them, wouldn't want Greg Jennings with a cap hit of 12 millions, his no fitzgerald. Wouldn't also want Finley for more then 5 million after this year of course. Basically IMO Jennings is worth 7-8 millions not more, and Finley is not worth more 3.5 - 4 million the way he was playing this year and I'm being generous. Now, if he shines this year and is unstoppable then I would consider giving Finley 7-8 million but not a dime more. Now if you ask me Finley "unstoppable" vs Greg Jennings right now, I would go Finley, reason being younger bigger can cause a lot of problems for opposing teams and IMO GJ is on a downgrade.

It just sucks that instead of Finley can't seem to make that transition from just another TE to elite TE because he has the potential but lack of concentration!
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:35:21 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

neither. I am sure Jennings would love a $50 mil per year deal. Doesn't mean he thinks he can get it. Just because "scuttlebutt" declares that he said or is thinking of something doesn't mean it is so. A megalomaniac would declare that he is the best WR to ever play the position.

JerMike is alright. He has his moments but most of what is going on his blown way out of proportion. He is hardly a megalomaniac. Crabtree and Dez Bryant? Now they are megalomaniacs.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:56:43 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 1,027

Jennings is just setting a market expectation.. and probably aiming high so he has some negotiating room to hit where he hopes to land..

Here are the current Average Salaries for Receivers:

Calvin Johnson 18.812 Mil
Larry Fitzgerald 14.125 Mil
Vincent Jackson 11.111 Mil
Devin Hester 10.243 Mil
Andre Johnson 9.685 Mil
DeSean Jackson 9.4 Mil
Santonio Holmes 9.0 Mil
Brandon Marshall 8.955 Mil
Pierre Garcon 8.5 Mil
Sidney Rice 8.2 Mil

So if you are Greg.. looking at that list.. can you not argue that you should be slotted in that range of Vincent Jackson in terms of an average contract. Now granted.. backloading and etc are in there.. but you get the idea.

So if he aims at 12 and settle in around 9 to 10 with a smaller backload.. I could see a team paying that.

And the lack of "interest" from the Fins.. of course they are going to down play any interest at the moment.. if they "express" to much through the back channels.. the Packers may be more apt to tag him and try and work a deal with the Fins.

And Finley.. come on.. most of him is posturing at this point to try and collect the second half of a high dollar contract and then leverage his open market status for his big payday. Most take his outspoken nature and youthful ignorance at times then overlay everything he says with that same slant. The kids is what 23.. maybe 24.. not all folks mature at such a young age.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline shield4life  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 3:26:51 PM(UTC)
shield4life

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Jennings is just setting a market expectation.. and probably aiming high so he has some negotiating room to hit where he hopes to land..

Here are the current Average Salaries for Receivers:

Calvin Johnson 18.812 Mil
Larry Fitzgerald 14.125 Mil
Vincent Jackson 11.111 Mil
Devin Hester 10.243 MilLOL
Andre Johnson 9.685 Mil
DeSean Jackson 9.4 Mil
Santonio Holmes 9.0 Mil
Brandon Marshall 8.955 Mil
<This is where GJ belongs> 8.75 mil
Pierre Garcon 8.5 Mil
Sidney Rice 8.2 Mil

So if you are Greg.. looking at that list.. can you not argue that you should be slotted in that range of Vincent Jackson in terms of an average contract. Now granted.. backloading and etc are in there.. but you get the idea.

So if he aims at 12 and settle in around 9 to 10 with a smaller backload.. I could see a team paying that.

And the lack of "interest" from the Fins.. of course they are going to down play any interest at the moment.. if they "express" to much through the back channels.. the Packers may be more apt to tag him and try and work a deal with the Fins.

And Finley.. come on.. most of him is posturing at this point to try and collect the second half of a high dollar contract and then leverage his open market status for his big payday. Most take his outspoken nature and youthful ignorance at times then overlay everything he says with that same slant. The kids is what 23.. maybe 24.. not all folks mature at such a young age.

Greg Jennings is no way close to Vincent Jackson caliber of WR!

Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 7:56:11 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Packers should franchise Greg Jennings and try to restructure Jmikes Contract. I would rather have Greg though. I don't wanna lose such a great class act player to another team. The packers thrive on keeping good character players. Greg Jennings is one of them.
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:17:15 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,366
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Packers should franchise Greg Jennings and try to restructure Jmikes Contract. I would rather have Greg though. I don't wanna lose such a great class act player to another team. The packers thrive on keeping good character players. Greg Jennings is one of them.

Greg Jennings is 30 and has spent a considerable amount of time injured the last two seasons.

Jermike is 25.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline JustinAVA182  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 10:02:30 PM(UTC)
JustinAVA182

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 30

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
"The Packers are barely talking to me right now," he told ESPN. "I know they're just doing it the Packer way and playing it close to the vest."

"I haven't got a call. I haven't got a text asking me to take a pay cut or to restructure my deal at this point -- not at all," he said.

If the Packers do contact him about reworking his contract, he made it clear he'd rather be released than have to take a pay cut.

"I'd have to walk for sure, meaning I couldn't take a pay cut," he told ESPN. "Maybe I'd restructure if it's a deal that I like and it makes sense, but I'm not the guy that's just going to sign anything and let anything pass.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:39:17 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings is 30 and has spent a considerable amount of time injured the last two seasons.

Jermike is 25.

Jennings is still productive he has a good 5 years left. Really only got hurt last year and played well for missing so much time. I don't think the guy lost a step.

Besides so many packers fans on every website imaginable saying we need to get rid of Finley. I'm not one of them. He is a physical freak, he's fast and can run WR like routes and set up anywhere in the offense. Like you said he's young. For some reason everyone likes to jump on him and frankly criticize to much for his comments. It's not like the guy has done any real big crimes here. So he should not be scrutinized for speaking his mind. Now the only way I think we keep both is restructure Finleys contract and get rid of 1 or 2 guys. Increase his years by 2 or 3 and give him less money a year. The last three years the guy has caught no less than what, 55 balls? Which is productive in my opinion. Only thing holding Finely back is th hard catches and blocking. Also I think the lack of people pushing for his job is light. D.J Williams hasn't shown anything on the field thus far to push up the depth chart. Tom Crabtree is a good player but defiantly not the threat Finley is. We need to draft a player that can make an impact at the TE position next to Finley. If we keep him.

Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:23:30 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: shield4life Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings is no way close to Vincent Jackson caliber of WR!

I will disagree.. if anything I think Jackson is massively overrated.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:30:34 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,868
Applause Received: 2,044

I agree, but he did perform pretty well last season, - link.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:58:49 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 866

He is. Two receivers can have the exact same production in the same circumstances but if one of them is 6'5" he's an awesome #1 wr and always needs to be double covered etc.... If one of the wr is 5'11" he's a great #2 wr but doesn't draw double teams.
Rss Feed