Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#31 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:32:01 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 202

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I know a place he can work part time and make sandwiches with a Rams RB. Big Grin

I had to applaude you because you must have read what I posted in another thread :) Yaaaaaaa someone finally read what I put lol

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline JustinAVA182  
#32 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:43:09 PM(UTC)
JustinAVA182

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 30

Jennings said it from day one when this started.. its a business (small example)
Quote:
“It is what it is. Everyone hopes to stay where they were drafted, but the reality of it is it’s a business. So understanding that and being mindful of that, I have to stay afloat and again make sure that all of my ducks are in a row.”

(On if he would consider playing for the Minnesota Vikings) “Honestly, it’s one of those situations where like I said, it’s a business. So it’s pretty much whatever would be the right fit for myself as well as my family as far as living accommodations, that’s where we’re going to end up…Absolutely [I consider Minnesota an option].
So he should understand no matter what Teddy does right? Think
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 2/25/2013(UTC), wpr on 2/25/2013(UTC)
Offline Cheesey  
#33 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 10:24:51 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 412

do you guys think he will get the big
payday considering his injuries the
last few seasons? and do you think he's
worth the franchise tag? I really want
to know what you all think.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#34 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 11:37:57 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 654

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
do you guys think he will get the big
payday considering his injuries the
last few seasons? and do you think he's
worth the franchise tag? I really want
to know what you all think.

I think he's gonna experience exactly what happened to James Jones.

He's gonna test the waters and find out no one wants to pay him a pot of gold. Then he'll come back and play for another ring.

Not sure how much he's got left, but I bet he's got one or two decent years left. Especially since he's gonna wanna prove it.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline El3ment12  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:41:10 AM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 32
Applause Received: 24

Worst case scenario - Greg goes to patriots which some are saying is a possibility. My god I hate the patriots
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/26/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:48:15 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Originally Posted by: JustinAVA182 Go to Quoted Post
Jennings said it from day one when this started.. its a business (small example)

So he should understand no matter what Teddy does right? Think

He should.. but we are talking about ego and emotions. It doesn't always work that way.. look no further and Cullen Jenkins as an example. But what Greg should investigate is why guys like Jenkins and Green desire to return to Green Bay after moving elsewhere.

It is not always about the money.. that said, I think Jennings is a different breed than most of the Packers players.. he seems to like to bask in the attention of the media. It might be about trying to expand upon his national presence and off field exposure.

Either way.. it seems like Jennings wants to be bigger than he currently is.. just a vibe one gets from both him and his extended family.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:50:18 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
He should.. but we are talking about ego and emotions. It doesn't always work that way.. look no further and Cullen Jenkins as an example. But what Greg should investigate is why guys like Jenkins and Green desire to return to Green Bay after moving elsewhere.

It is not always about the money.. that said, I think Jennings is a different breed than most of the Packers players.. he seems to like to bask in the attention of the media. It might be about trying to expand upon his national presence and off field exposure.

Either way.. it seems like Jennings wants to be bigger than he currently is.. just a vibe one gets from both him and his extended family.

Greg Jennings is avid about pursuing an acting career. He's had a couple spots in some big shows already, one I know of Criminal Minds. I wonder if his after football career plays a role in his next destination. He's got the ring, why not go far out west for money and opportunity?
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:20:55 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Greg Jennings is avid about pursuing an acting career. He's had a couple spots in some big shows already, one I know of Criminal Minds. I wonder if his after football career plays a role in his next destination. He's got the ring, why not go far out west for money and opportunity?

He does believe in his smelf.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:22:20 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: El3ment12 Go to Quoted Post
Worst case scenario - Greg goes to patriots which some are saying is a possibility. My god I hate the patriots

One thing that works against us in this scenario is Ted's "GM Tree."

We've got what, FOUR current GMs out there who used to be with the Pack? They're all probably familiar with Greg, and know what he brings to the table.

And they're all in situations where they're looking for talent.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Cheesey  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:27:58 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 183
Applause Received: 412

It just bugs me when a player gets too "big for his britches".
Having Aaron Rodgers as his QB is a plus that he won't have where ever he goes. I think he will learn fast what he will be losing.

A WR won't flourish if you don't have a decent QB to throw to him.
I think Jennings sister (the NFL know-it-all) will see that her brother isn't all she seems to think he is.
Jennings had the luxery of Favre and Rodgers.

Just my opinion, of course.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:09:05 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I've said it before, I believe Gregg will be disappointed with free agency in that he's not going to get a huge payday like he's expecting. To me it seems like he(and his sister) think he's an elite receiver and teams won't see it that way. He is a very good receiver but not elite. The franchise number is, I believe the average of the top 10, which for the lack of figuring it out, would be about the 5th best. He is not near that. Maybe towards the bottom of the 10 at best or just below that.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Offline Pack93z  
#42 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 1:31:37 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Update... shocker.

No Tag.

At least per the all knowing "SOURCE". Puke
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 4:00:00 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 331
Applause Received: 443

Still holding out slim hopes until Mar 12th, but looks like it's time to say farewell to Greg.

Gonna be a very young team taking the field next year unless Ted surprises everyone and jumps heavy into the FA mkt

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#44 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 4:31:02 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Still holding out slim hopes until Mar 12th, but looks like it's time to say farewell to Greg.

Gonna be a very young team taking the field next year unless Ted surprises everyone and jumps heavy into the FA mkt

Greg could very well get out there and experience what JJ did a couple years back. If so, he could end up back in Green Bay at a reduced price.

We'll see.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#45 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 4:40:51 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 331
Applause Received: 443

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Greg could very well get out there and experience what JJ did a couple years back. If so, he could end up back in Green Bay at a reduced price.

We'll see.

That's the other scenario that I will hold onto after March 12th, but with Bowe signing in KC, that's one less #1 reciever that is going to be available come March 12th.

Only takes 1 team to want him and they will pay his asking price.(whatever that is)

Time to sit back and wait.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Rss Feed