Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<12345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:57:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,835
Applause Received: 1,991

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I was taking exception to the hater comment - no big thing Zero2Cool. Offered some very quick access articles on salary and performance. That is all this is about. I know he turned some things around in the 2nd half of the season. But, we needed him for the full season, and he was paid for the full season. That, to me, is not a good return on investment. And, we're not even discussing his blocking...

I guess the bigger thing in all of this is looking at the thresholds, where performance and pay are in line, and forecasting those that are looking to be out of line, then making the hard decisions. As a fan, we don't have much say, and for all I know the light will go on for Jermichael Finley next season. If that does happen, I do hope it is in a Packers uniform. I understand the development of players is not as cut and dried as we all might like for it to be. Finley is their guy, and they've made a pretty big financial commitment to him, along with their continued praise and encouragement from the staff.

No question, Packers need that full season effort from him, not in spurts. That's where I mentioned that whole fire under his ass thing. I kinda hope he takes leadership of the WR/TE corps ... I just doubt he can.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline play2win  
#32 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:54:07 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
No question, Packers need that full season effort from him, not in spurts. That's where I mentioned that whole fire under his ass thing. I kinda hope he takes leadership of the WR/TE corps ... I just doubt he can.

It would be great, if the guy all of a sudden got it. Studied hard. Practiced diligently. Kept a focus with his QB. Improved his blocking... I would love to see that, if he remains a Packer.Applause
Offline DakotaT  
#33 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:05:13 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

LOL
Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Packers have let their all-time yardage receiver retire, they are probably letting go to their "1 reciever of over the past 3 years, quedtionable whether their #1 TE will be back.
That's a lot of experience to replace just on the offensive side.

The Packers released their #1 DB, 2009 DPOY, prob. 1st rnd HOF candidate.
Questionable that their 2012 staring ML(Jones RFA) will be back,
Questionable that their 2012 starting OLB opposite Mathews (Walden) will be back,
and still a majority if you want to shit can the one LB who has been a rock at whatever position he has been asked to play.
Leading tackler in 2012, leading tackler on the team since he was drafted, started every game(but 2 in 2011}.

Yet with all the other ? this team has on defense, it seems that some of you think A.J. Hawk is the biggest problem The Packers have.

PLEASE TED CUT A.J. HAWK, absorb the 5 mil hit on the salary cap, GET HIS ASS OUT OF GREEN BAY, I for 1 am tired of the yearly A.J. Hawk has to go threads.

DAMMIT TED JUST DO IT!!!!

So some of the members can move on to their next most hated guy.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

You're killing me Buckeye. AJ was the shit in college and an average pro. He's overpaid but because of his contract, cutting him makes no sense. Use him up and let his contract expire. But Buckeye don't confuse the player you loved in college with what Packer fans have watched get burned repeatedly in coverage and dragged down the field by running backs. It was a weak draft and we weren't the only team that took it in the shorts.
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#34 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 8:55:13 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 335

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
It was a weak draft and we weren't the only team that took it in the shorts.

It could be worse, but it could’ve been much, much better. Consider this, Green Bay passed on Haloti Ngata who went No. 12 that year. Forget all the Vernon Davis infatuation. Ted Thompson passed on possibly the best interior defensive lineman of his generation. That's a kick to the balls no matter what your opinion of Hawk is.

Offline nerdmann  
#35 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:41:50 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,295
Applause Received: 572

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
It could be worse, but it could’ve been much, much better. Consider this, Green Bay passed on Haloti Ngata who went No. 12 that year. Forget all the Vernon Davis infatuation. Ted Thompson passed on possibly the best interior defensive lineman of his generation. That's a kick to the balls no matter what your opinion of Hawk is.

Hawk was like Jordy Nelson.

Maybe not as much potential upside as other players, but extremely low risk.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:46:30 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Hawk was like Jordy Nelson.

Maybe not as much potential upside as other players, but extremely low risk.

A.J. Hawk is who everyone said he was. A player who had reached his ceiling in college. I remember hearing this, relaying it here several times when people were hoping he'd be Jack Lambert or something. He's a solid linebacker, but lacks playmaking ability. I think that would be fine someone else on the linebacking group were a risk taker.

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#37 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:05:41 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

A.J. Hawk is who everyone said he was. A player who had reached his ceiling in college. I remember hearing this, relaying it here several times when people were hoping he'd be Jack Lambert or something. He's a solid linebacker, but lacks playmaking ability. I think that would be fine someone else on the linebacking group were a risk taker.

That's a good description.

I wonder just how many different LB's have played along side Hawk since he has been with The Packers?

What most of you FAIL to realize is that Hawk is THE ONE guy who can be counted on week in week out, he's not perfect, and lordy we all know when he makes a mistake, that play will have it's own thread created, magnifying the fact that he isn't perfect.

What most of you FAIL to realize is when the D-line is getting beat up and man-handled(see SF,NYG, playoff games) the LB core as a unit is going to look bad.

Bishop then Smith and finally Jones along with A.J.Hawk(Hawk being the ONE constant) were pretty effective stopping the run between the tackles in 2012, it was the OLB's getting burned for long runs that hurt The Packers run D the most.

Yet,Clay Mathews seems to get a pass on his failure to contain the run.

I've asked the ? a 100 times, nobody has ever gave me a good answer.

Why the hell did Ted Thompson resign A.J. Hawk? Giving him an 8million signing bonus, and a new contract??

Don't worry guys, after next year, A.J Hawk will be released and you all can move on to another player who in your mind doesn't deserve to play for The Packers.

The Packers will continue being one of the youngest teams in the NFL, filled with all the potential in the world, yet, even with The Best QB in the league, they just can't seem to get over the hump as they did in 2010.

FIRE TED THOMPSON!!!!!!

Time to come to the realization that Ted's way will keep an organization competitive, but isn't going to bring championships to Green Bay.

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:13:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Yet,Clay Mathews seems to get a pass on his failure to contain the run.

Why do you say Clay Matthews III gets a pass on his failure to contain the run when experts rate him 6th OLB defending the run? What is your reasoning for stating he is a failure containing the run? Why do people who analyze every single snap rate him 6th overall and you say he's a failure? I do not understand! Oh, wait, he was a Trojan, not a Buckeye, now I get it! Flapper

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#39 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:35:51 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Why do you say Clay Matthews III gets a pass on his failure to contain the run when experts rate him 6th OLB defending the run? What is your reasoning for stating he is a failure containing the run? Why do people who analyze every single snap rate him 6th overall and you say he's a failure? I do not understand! Oh, wait, he was a Trojan, not a Buckeye, now I get it! Flapper

Shame on you

I do so, because I can, and I am always right!!!!!!

Just a side note, I am so happy The Packers FINALLY got rid of that damn Wolverine, who has been overpaid for the last 7 years!!!!!

I guess since I have been branded a "Buckeye Homer", I'll just roll with it.

Still no answer to why Ted Thompson resigned A.J. Hawk, I guess it was just another Ted Thompson Fuck up.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 2/17/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#40 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:44:15 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Shame on you

Still no answer to why Ted Thompson resigned A.J. Hawk, I guess it was just another Ted Thompson Fuck up.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Because he had finally come off a decent season and we were letting Barnett go, so that Bishop could play. Now you're going to see AJ let go so that Smith, Jones, or Manning can play. Poor AJ what'll he do? Maybe the Browns will bring the homeboy back to land of no Super Bowl championships.

Why isn't Hawk ever there to cover up the run when Matthews rushes the passer? Cause he can't ever fight through the blocks to get the ball carrier.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#41 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:29:46 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Because he had finally come off a decent season and we were letting Barnett go, so that Bishop could play. Now you're going to see AJ let go so that Smith, Jones, or Manning can play. Poor AJ what'll he do? Maybe the Browns will bring the homeboy back to land of no Super Bowl championships.

Why isn't Hawk ever there to cover up the run when Matthews rushes the passer? Cause he can't ever fight through the blocks to get the ball carrier.

That's not an answer!!!

Came off a decent season??? What you're changing your mind now?

Hell he wasn't even on the field for most of the first 4 games of 2010, after being hurt in 2009, but playing through the injuries.

You were calling for Hawk's head way before Barnett was released,just as you call for anyone's head who you don't like.

A.J Hawk has been worth every penny Ted Thompson has paid him, you just can't admit you were wrong after 2009, after 2010, after 2011, and now after 2012.LOL LOL LOL

Not real sure that it's the ILB's responsibility to as you say "cover up" for Mathews's inability to contain.

I'll pretty much guarantee you IT ISN'T Hawk's responsibility, but in your mind anytime the defense gives up a big run, IT'S ALL A.J. HAWKS fault, even though he is only 1 of 11 on the field, and most of the time he is WHERE HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE.

I'm not going to start this with you again, you are who you are, you're not going to change your opinions on any player.

You are WRONG more than you are RIGHT.

You keep living your "this is a business" world, where only YOUR "chosen few" deserve to make more than the NFL minimum, and I'll keep looking for your posts where you bitch about how The Packers have once again come up short in their attempt to make it to The Superbowl.

FIRE TED THOMPSON!!!!!!!!!

Next year when Clay Mathews is ready to break the bank, we'll see which LB's stay and which go.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:40:00 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Not real sure that it's the ILB's responsibility to as you say "cover up" for Mathews's inability to contain.

Where the heck are you getting this notion that Clay Matthews III cannot contain? I've tried proving you to be right, and instead proved it wrong and you still have to answer why you say this. I was joking about the whole Trojan thing, but perhaps I nailed it, huh? lol

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:10:45 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Where the heck are you getting this notion that Clay Matthews III cannot contain? I've tried proving you to be right, and instead proved it wrong and you still have to answer why you say this. I was joking about the whole Trojan thing, but perhaps I nailed it, huh? lol

I'm not, Mathews is worth every penny he get's next year, just treating his performances the way some on this forum treat Hawk's.

No player is perfect, everyone makes mistakes,sometimes the other team just makes the right call and is successful.

There were a few of times last year that Clay was taken out of the play because he took the inside rush and his responsibility was contain.

Just trying to make a point.

Also I hope you know I am JKing about Ted Thompson.

He did screrw up last year by letting Wells go and signing Saturday, as things turned out, he should have just plugged Dietrich-Smith in as the starter in pre-season and used Saturday's spot for another lineman already on roster.

It's real easy to look back and make this statement, the way it's real easy for some to say "if this guy or if this guy wouldn't have been injured A.J. Hawk would have been gone a long time ago.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#44 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:17:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I'm not, Mathews is worth every penny he get's next year, just treating his performances the way some on this forum treat Hawk's.

No player is perfect, everyone makes mistakes,sometimes the other team just makes the right call and is successful.

There were a few of times last year that Clay was taken out of the play because he took the inside rush and his responsibility was contain.

Just trying to make a point.

Also I hope you know I am JKing about Ted Thompson.

He did screrw up last year by letting Wells go and signing Saturday, as things turned out, he should have just plugged Dietrich-Smith in as the starter in pre-season and used Saturday's spot for another lineman already on roster.

It's real easy to look back and make this statement, the way it's real easy for some to say "if this guy or if this guy wouldn't have been injured A.J. Hawk would have been gone a long time ago.

How did Ted Thompson and the Packers screw up by Scott Wells CHOOSING to play elsewhere? How is that someone's fault that he wasn't overpaid? The Packers needed to upgrade the C position. The failure, if any, was Jeff Saturday, not Wells choosing to play elsewhere. This type of false statement that inaccurately puts blame/accountability one the wrong person is nuts.

Again, Scott Wells CHOSE to leave Green Bay! It is not much different than Cullen Jenkins. Both were pissed they didn't get overpaid contract offers BEFORE free agency, got butthurt and LEFT! Some people, and players fail to understand the Packers don't overspend on players! Including A.J. Hawk, whom they felt was worth the money they gave him!

The Packers and Thompson screw up, no doubt, but christ almighty, throwing blame on them for players choosing to play elsewhere is no shit.

UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#45 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:31:29 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

How did Ted Thompson and the Packers screw up by Scott Wells CHOOSING to play elsewhere? How is that someone's fault that he wasn't overpaid? The Packers needed to upgrade the C position. The failure, if any, was Jeff Saturday, not Wells choosing to play elsewhere. This type of false statement that inaccurately puts blame/accountability one the wrong person is nuts.

Again, Scott Wells CHOSE to leave Green Bay! It is not much different than Cullen Jenkins. Both were pissed they didn't get overpaid contract offers BEFORE free agency, got butthurt and LEFT! Some people, and players fail to understand the Packers don't overspend on players! Including A.J. Hawk, whom they felt was worth the money they gave him!

The Packers and Thompson screw up, no doubt, but christ almighty, throwing blame on them for players choosing to play elsewhere is no shit.

You read my post wrong, Ted's mistake was SIGNING SATURDAY, not letting Wells leave thru Fa., Ted had no control over Wells leaving, other than offering him more money than he(Ted) thought Wells was worth.

Dietrich-Smith played better than Saturday, he should have been the starter from day one of TC last year.

Again, easy to say after the facts.
Rss Feed