Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 9:30:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
he was guilty and weaseled out of it. Wanna Box?

I appreciate your misguided (Cardinals fan) perception and it's been ignored from this moment forward. ;-)
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 6/4/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#32 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 9:46:03 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate your misguided (Cardinals fan) perception and it's been ignored from this moment forward. ;-)

I am only doing this to needle YOU. Whistle

Truly the whole matter is very strange. All time highest substance is strange. Keeping the sample over the weekend is strange. (I contend they should have have taken the sample if they could not ship it immediately.) I think I read there were other offices still open but maybe I am remembering incorrectly. If there were then why not ship from one of them? I know Braun is a class guy on and off the field.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#33 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 9:55:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

It was reported there was one within 6 blocks of the home the sample was stored. But apparently it was common for the samples to be held at someones home over night or something. I don't know. It all seems really odd to me. The real issue I have is Ryan Braun and those close to him keep saying "if you knew the whole story you'd believe his innocence" ... well, why not tell the whole story then?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#34 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 10:59:56 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

yep.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:08:16 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

the gun is still smoking

Quote:

Milwaukee Brewers star Ryan Braun's name is in records of the Miami-area clinic alleged to have distributed performance-enhancing drugs to a rash of baseball players, and Major League Baseball will investigate the link to the former MVP who tested positive for illegal synthetic testosterone during the 2011 postseason.

Three of the Biogenesis clinic records obtained by Yahoo! Sports show Braun's name. Unlike the players named by the Miami New Times in its report that blew open the Biogenesis case, Braun's name is not listed next to any specific PEDs.

MLB is investigating the Biogenesis clinic and its operator, Anthony Bosch, to determine the breadth of Bosch's alleged PED dispersal throughout the sport. The league could pursue punishment through non-analytical positives – evidentiary links to players without positive tests – and one source said it will not limit the potential discipline to those whose names are surfacing for the first time, meaning those who have faced suspensions in the past could again be tried.

Braun is on a list that includes Alex Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera and Cesar Carrillo, who the New Times reported received PEDs from Bosch. Also on the list are New York Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Baltimore Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia, who weren't listed near PEDs either. The record matches a document the New Times posted with Braun's name redacted and Cervelli and Valencia's cut off.

Representatives for Braun, Cervelli and Valencia did not return multiple phone messages left by Yahoo! Sports.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 5:51:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

When I seen a post in Ryan Braun thread, I knew it had to be some whiny Cardinals fan!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:29:41 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

When I seen a post in Ryan Braun thread, I knew it had to be some whiny Cardinals fan!!!!!

the person who posts it doesn't make it any less of a story.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:35:56 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
the person who posts it doesn't make it any less of a story.

Oh but when they neglect to post the full story, it sure does!

Quote:
RYAN BRAUN STATEMENT

"During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples.

"There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch's work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under "moneys owed" and not on any other list.

"I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch.

"I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter."

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:47:42 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Oh but when they neglect to post the full story, it sure does!

Braun statement came out later. I did not see it until very late last night. I had to get to bed. I knew you would need to post it so I let it go.

Keep in mind just because his name is on the list doesn't mean he is guilty AND just because the person who is a suspect claims they are innocent, that doesn't make it so either. Almost everyone who has juiced claims they are innocent until the evidence shows otherwise. Armstrong is the new poster child for that defense.

It is what I said it is- a smoking gun. It makes for reasonable doubt.

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#40 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:44:55 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

We really have no idea what is the truth vs speculation.. but even as a Brewer fan, one has to be somewhat open to the possibility that Braun is guilty. At the same time, it is plausible that Braun's explanation is reality.

Regardless if he is guilty or not.. the below reason for withholding names without something more substantial than a name being in the billing records is the proper approach.

Quote:
Yahoo!'s story raises an obvious question. If Braun's and Cervelli's names appear in the Bosch records at the heart of New Times' investigation -- and indeed, Yahoo!'s report does appear to match New Times'records -- why didn't we report them in our first story?

Simple: an abundance of caution.

As Yahoo! notes, the records do not clearly associate either Braun, Cervelli, or a third player who this morning denied all ties with Bosch (Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia) with use of supplements. Yahoo! apparently obtained copies of just these page of Bosch's notebooks independently of New Times.

Source - Miami NewTimes.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#41 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:49:07 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
We really have no idea what is the truth vs speculation.. but even as a Brewer fan, one has to be somewhat open to the possibility that Braun is guilty. At the same time, it is plausible that Braun's explanation is reality.

yep. could be guilty. could not be guilty. we may never know. that is the shame of it all.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#42 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 5:36:00 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

more on Braun.

Quote:

That list, a source familiar with Bosch's operation told "Outside the Lines," indicates that those players received performance-enhancing drugs from Bosch and owed him money. The document, one of dozens obtained by "Outside the Lines," suggests a closer link to Bosch and the now-shuttered clinic he ran in Coral Gables, Fla., than Braun has acknowledged.

The list is not definitive proof that Braun either received or used PEDs -- either would be a suspendable offense under Major League Baseball policy -- but may draw him more squarely into the spotlight as the league investigates the scandal and tries to draw the interest of law enforcement.

But a source familiar with the documents obtained by "Outside the Lines" said the list with Braun's name, which also includes New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez and Francisco Cervelli and Toronto's Melky Cabrera, was a list of players who received PEDs, and that there is "no other reason to be on that paper."

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#43 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Basically, he's saying MLB won't stop coming after me until I admit some guilt and seeing as the Brewers won't be doing squat this year I figured I'd take the suspension and have this put behind me.

Ryan Braun wrote:
I am very grateful for the support I have received from players, ownership and the fans in Milwaukee and around the country. Finally, I wish to apologize to anyone I may have disappointed -- all of the baseball fans especially those in Milwaukee, the great Brewers organization, and my teammates. I am glad to have this matter behind me once and for all, and I cannot wait to get back to the game I love.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#44 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 4:01:26 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Well.. I am disappointed on several levels..

1. I Braun himself, after so boldly stating that he did not intentionally or unintentionally put anything into his body, yet here he is rolling over.

2. With the Union saying that they will not appeal players with overwhelming evidence, Braun "accepts" his penalty without challenge. Hmmmm.

3. That MLB did not release exactly what he was guilty of... I would rather it be transparent than some hush hush situation.

Until all the facts come out.. he doesn't get a pass for "accepting" his error and lying about it.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed