Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:55:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,023

I like Montee Ball, but I just don't see the Packers drafting him in the first round like Don Banks predicts.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline Yerko  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:15:59 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 141
Applause Received: 233

Is center, Barrett Jones not being considered a 1st round draft pick? I see two other Alabama linemen in there...

With that said, this teams offense is only going to have more success by starting up front. I don't think Montee would be a good choice for the 1st round. Get a blue chip lineman...see where and if Montee falls in the 2nd (there are other good names out there as well) and trade up if you have to.

Center/LT
SS

are the two priorities I think...I'm sure I am wrong though.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:29:17 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

We could draft two Adrian Petersons and they wouldn't get more than a combined 1300 yards a season behind this line.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
yooperfan on 1/24/2013(UTC), gbguy20 on 1/24/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:00:07 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Would Packers fans be mad if this was the first choice of the Packers?

Would he be considered BPA?
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:06:03 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 348

Ball is good, but anyone that saw Wisconsin games knows that they had a killer O-line.
The difference between Wisconsin and Green Bay.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:44:27 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 539
Applause Received: 247

If the Pack was going to draft anyone from Wisconsin, not necessarily in the 1st round, they should look at their offensive linemen.
Those guys are some maulers.
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:38:14 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,824
Applause Received: 1,364

I hope he is not the BPA.

I would prefer more DL help. based on this draft, Jesse Williams would be more help.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Mortfini  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:06:00 AM(UTC)
Mortfini

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 1

In most mock drafts I've seen ball is falling to round 2

Maybe we could trade out of round one and grab ball and jones or even trade up for chance warmack
UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:20:03 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Originally Posted by: Mortfini Go to Quoted Post
In most mock drafts I've seen ball is falling to round 2

Maybe we could trade out of round one and grab ball and jones or even trade up for chance warmack

I like the way you think. I don't know if I'd be able to watch Warmack's belly every game though. Check that, I will if he is just plowing d-linemen and linebackers over...

UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 6:25:18 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 346

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
We could draft two Adrian Petersons and they wouldn't get more than a combined 1300 yards a season behind this line.

Yet, the Packers rushed for 1,700-plus yards this season. That was the most since 2009. A talented running back like Monte Ball could have large influence on Green Bay's offense, though I do agree in improving the offensive line. Specifically, I'd draft Barrett Jones in round one and find a running back in round two.

My point being that Green Bay's not as far off as people think in regards to fixing their running game.
Offline Wade  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 7:12:35 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 638
Applause Received: 655

If Ball is BPA for Packers at their draft position, they should trade down.

Using your top draft choice to get a RB and nothing else makes zero sense to me.

If Banks is seriously proposing this, then he knows nothing of substance about the Packers.

RB should be so far down the list of priorities, and there are so many needs (OL OL OL DL DL LB LB) yet filled, that if when GB is on the clock and doesn't have enough draft value for the position except for Ball, they should be trading down and getting extra picks.

IMO.

I wouldn't use that pick for Ball if Ball were the second coming of both Jim Brown and Barry Sanders.

Oh, okay, maybe then.

But anything less and its not just refusing to pick for need. Using a first on a RB is against the team's best interest. The only thing dumber would be to use it to draft Rodgers' backup.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline play2win  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:22:13 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post

I think this is a gigantic misconception. They wouldn't get more than a combined 1300 yards a season behind this play caller...

To me, our greatest issue with seeming one dimensional is that we are. We don't go predominantly to the run in games. We are not a well balanced offense because we don't run enough - consistently. Our attempts have gone up, but they just aren't enough in my opinion. I'd rather our philosophy changed, from head coach Mike McCarthy, to be a run oriented team. Imagine how well that would open up huge pass plays... and how well that would work to keep our offense on the field, extending drives and chewing up clock, while keeping our defense off the field.

I would take Ball if this staff were to be more committed to running the football. I think our line will be fine. Maybe add an upgrade at offensive line coach. Not going to happen though. I cannot see McCarthy changing... if he does, I will be shocked. And, it would be so easy, if he could just get around himself.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 2/2/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:25:31 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
If Ball is BPA for Packers at their draft position, they should trade down.

Using your top draft choice to get a RB and nothing else makes zero sense to me.

If Banks is seriously proposing this, then he knows nothing of substance about the Packers.

RB should be so far down the list of priorities, and there are so many needs (OL OL OL DL DL LB LB) yet filled, that if when GB is on the clock and doesn't have enough draft value for the position except for Ball, they should be trading down and getting extra picks.

IMO.

I wouldn't use that pick for Ball if Ball were the second coming of both Jim Brown and Barry Sanders.

Oh, okay, maybe then.

But anything less and its not just refusing to pick for need. Using a first on a RB is against the team's best interest. The only thing dumber would be to use it to draft Rodgers' backup.

I agree. Banks doesn't know shit about GB. I would much rather have a top flight DE with a R1 pick.
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:36:00 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
Is center, Barrett Jones not being considered a 1st round draft pick? I see two other Alabama linemen in there...

With that said, this teams offense is only going to have more success by starting up front. I don't think Montee would be a good choice for the 1st round. Get a blue chip lineman...see where and if Montee falls in the 2nd (there are other good names out there as well) and trade up if you have to.

Center/LT
SS

are the two priorities I think...I'm sure I am wrong though.

Yerko, I could go along with that. C and LT are calling out for upgrades. I DO think EDS will be a fine C though, if given the chance.

The think that gets me is, looking ahead at 2013, we -might- be fine on the OL with Bulaga returning, EDS at C, and maybe a good competition between Newhouse and Datko for LT. Personally, I think our OL problems have more to do with a deficiency in coaching and playcalling.

I believe our greatest need is at DE, where we have no one of substance. Add to that, the entire DL. We need help all along the thing.

Montee Ball? Hell, I might even like DuJuan Harris better. If they decide to draft Ball, they better be bringing a serious commitment to the run along with it.

How about this, can we just draft a mean streak? I'd go for that alone.
Offline Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 11:46:56 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

As much as I like Montee Ball, I don't think he sniffs at the 1st round.. and possibly slides out of the second round.

I would love to obtain Ball in the draft, the WISC homer in me, but even I think that is a reach. 2nd or later.. I would do a back flip.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed