Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:43:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,732
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,031

o_O goes along with what I said here ...

Rob Reischel wrote:
Green Bay - Their season had been done approximately 14 hours.

Aaron Rodgers, one of the leaders of the Green Bay Packers, sat alone at his locker, staring aimlessly around the room. Rodgers was asked if he'd talk about the season that just ended.

"Nope," Rodgers said.

Instead, Rodgers began eavesdropping on an interview linebacker Desmond Bishop was conducting.

After each question, Rodgers made a snide remark about the queries loud enough for anyone within earshot to hear.

"I can't believe they'd ask that," Rodgers said.

"Nice question," he said another time.

Finally, doing his best Drew Rosenhaus, Rodgers bellowed, "Next question."

Instead of preparing for the NFC Championship Game, Rodgers was now critiquing reporters.

It's this type of leadership that had some taking shots at the 2011 most valuable player this season.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:01:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:11:01 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,244
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Disappointing.
call me Dan
Offline dfosterf  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:21:38 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,927
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 173
Applause Received: 386

So let's cut him, lol

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline porky88  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:39:48 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Posts: 3,040
Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 346

I have no idea if Aaron Rodgers is a great leader. I'm not in the locker room, but I do know that Green Bay is probably letting Greg Jennings walk this off-season and Jermichael Finley may join him.

Just sayin'
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:49:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,336
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 1,311

I hope Packernation doesn't make some kind of demigod out of Rodgers. He is a human being with a whole gammit of emotions he has to bottle up in a politically correct world. If I were as good as Rodgers and my receivers dropped well placed balls, or Olineman and running backs blew blocking assignments - I'd show a lot more emotion than he ever does. Our GM and coaches have some work to do to shore up our weaknesses - leadership questions need to start there.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 1/22/2013(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:03:17 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,661
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Awww, did some poor reporter, and I use that term loosely, get their panties in a bunch. We've all heard these interviews week in and week out, there is no creativity in any of the questions. I can just imagine what it is like for the Players, and espicially for QB's in this league. Answer the same basic questions over and over and over, with the "reporters" just waiting of a non-pc answer so they can create a headline.

Remember it wasn't to long removed of Rodgers small criticism of McCarthy play call on the punt return at Detroit. Rodgers gives an honest answer, and the media tries to blow it into there being a problem between McCarthy and Rodgers when there is nothing.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:08:02 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,244
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I hope Packernation doesn't make some kind of demigod out of Rodgers. He is a human being with a whole gammit of emotions he has to bottle up in a politically correct world. If I were as good as Rodgers and my receivers dropped well placed balls, or Olineman and running backs blew blocking assignments - I'd show a lot more emotion than he ever does. Our GM and coaches have some work to do to shore up our weaknesses - leadership questions need to start there.


I like to think we're all smarter having been through the Brett Favre Era.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Answer the same basic questions over and over and over, with the "reporters" just waiting of a non-pc answer so they can create a headline.

Remember it wasn't to long removed of Rodgers small criticism of McCarthy play call on the punt return at Detroit. Rodgers gives an honest answer, and the media tries to blow it into there being a problem between McCarthy and Rodgers when there is nothing.


Good answer, though I don't think it is relevant to this exact article. What the article claims Rodgers did is quite different than giving an honest, non-pc answer to a question.
call me Dan
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:31:43 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,661
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Good answer, though I don't think it is relevant to this exact article. What the article claims Rodgers did is quite different than giving an honest, non-pc answer to a question.


I think it is definately relevant. Rodgers had to deal with these same reporters, and today, they are not nearly the reporters of old. Over and over, the same uncreative questions, or jumping on any little thing, so perhaps out of frustration from the loss, he gave the reporters a taste of what they do weekly. It sounded like a way to criticize them, like they criticize others.

This being linked to leadership is asine. The rest of the team is probably looking at themselves thinking, I wish I would have said something like that.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:53:00 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Posts: 3,040
Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 346

Why did this article or incident (if we're to call it that) take a week in a half to publish?

It took place after the divisional round. That was quite a bit ago in the internet age. Something doesn’t smell right here.

Plus, the article cites Greg Jennings’ sister and Jermichael Finley’s agent. Those are great sources for defending your topic.Sarcasm

Shannon Sharpe’s quote is a joke. He says what he thinks, but gives no source. You have an opinion, plus two bad sources.

Aaron Rodgers is not above criticism. If what the writer suggests happened, then what Rodgers did was unprofessional. It was also immature.

I’d like to hear Rodgers’ retort, though. I’d also like to know why this took a week in a half to become public.

As I said, something doesn’t smell right here.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
gbguy20 on 1/22/2013(UTC)
Offline Cal2GreenBay  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:40:39 AM(UTC)
Cal2GreenBay

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 142
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 11

He did take a hit.

He has grown a reputation for being Whiney and carrying a "chip"

I am still a fan, but his emotional side is coming through.

Skipping the Probowl was very Tom Brady-esc.

blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:58:31 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,732
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,031

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
Why did this article or incident (if we're to call it that) take a week in a half to publish?

It took place after the divisional round. That was quite a bit ago in the internet age. Something doesn’t smell right here.

Plus, the article cites Greg Jennings’ sister and Jermichael Finley’s agent. Those are great sources for defending your topic.Sarcasm

Shannon Sharpe’s quote is a joke. He says what he thinks, but gives no source. You have an opinion, plus two bad sources.

Aaron Rodgers is not above criticism. If what the writer suggests happened, then what Rodgers did was unprofessional. It was also immature.

I’d like to hear Rodgers’ retort, though. I’d also like to know why this took a week in a half to become public.

As I said, something doesn’t smell right here.


This was 14 hours after the end of the Divisional Round game, unless I misread that. He's not using Sharpe or Finley agent or Jennings sister as individual sources, he's saying where there is smoke, there is fire.


What doesn't smell right is a quarterback thinking he's above others, including his own coach.

As for the timing of it, well, you pump out all of your game related articles first as per that is most current. You go into your reserve bag for material and work your way through.


Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay Go to Quoted Post
He did take a hit.

He has grown a reputation for being Whiney and carrying a "chip"

I am still a fan, but his emotional side is coming through.

Skipping the Probowl was very Tom Brady-esc.



Rodgers failed his physical. If word was out he failed his physical, then two weeks later plays in a scrimmage game of touch and gets hurt, everyone would jump his ass for it.

Rodgers has ankle an knee issues, that is why he's not playing in the Pro Bowl.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Porforis  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 7:41:27 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,739
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Quote:
In addition, Rodgers probably didn't win any points from coach Mike McCarthy when he openly campaigned for Evan Dietrich-Smith to be his center and for Randall Cobb to stop playing special teams.


Seems like excellent decisions to me
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 1/23/2013(UTC)
Offline doddpower  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:39:51 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States
Posts: 2,743
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 428

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Seems like excellent decisions to me


It does seem like most the things he has commented on turned out to be entirely accurate, or the best bet. Perhaps he should not comment as often, but it's not like he's lying.

I'm not concerned about Aaron Rodgers leadership in any way. Even if he was/is arrogant or talks to much, as long as he is producing MVP-like seasons, it's a problem most Packers fans should be glad to have. The Packers simply need to worry about the offensive line, and all around coaching.

Offline gbguy20  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:54:31 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,244
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Seems like excellent decisions to me


Taking Cobb off special teams turned out pretty well for us, right?
call me Dan
Offline Porforis  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:10:01 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,739
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Taking Cobb off special teams turned out pretty well for us, right?


The article didn't state that Rodgers lobbied to have an inexperienced rookie take punt returns in Cobb's place. Taking Cobb off special teams was a no-brainer considering how he kept the offense churning during the year and how much we missed him when he got hurt. Putting a mostly untested rookie in his place, especially in a playoff game is a completely different matter altogether.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

7h / Random Babble / wpr

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Around The NFL / Laser Gunns

21-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

21-Aug / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

21-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

20-Aug / Random Babble / DakotaT

20-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

20-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.