Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
19 Pages«<16171819>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#256 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:44:28 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Because we can't even afford our teachers according to the Republicans who want to gut education - but sticking yahoos at the front door solves our problems? It's proposterous - and the NRA look like a bunch of jackasses for bringing it up.

Having armed guards (or unarmed even) wouldn't take money away from education. So the pubs wouldn't be taking any money from them. And you don't think they would have stopped the massacre that happened in Mass? C'mon man, you must gone lost yo mind.

I'll leave you all with this, a quote from a dear friend of mine.

"In a season of heated rhetorical debate, lemme inject a little clarity and common sense.

Some of you want to ban guns, and prevent me and people like me from having the tools necessary to defend my loved ones and community from those who would threaten it. You blithely ignore the fact that police neither can nor are obligated to protect citizens (Warren v. District of Columbia), and that the supreme court has dictated that the citizen is responsible for their own protection first.

You blithely ignore the spillover from the Mexican Civil War that has already claimed numerous American lives, tens of thousands of Mexican lives, and has left local sheriff's departments, ranchers and other citizens facing off against drug-cartel-hired Mexican military units. You blithely ignore the gang violence fueled by illegal drugs and illegal weapons brought into this country by those same cartels, which account for the vast majority of firearm homicides in the nation. That's fine, we'll stick with your desire to outlaw guns because you A) fear someone killing you with one, and B) feel they are unnecessary.

I want to outlaw alcohol and drugs of all sorts.

Why? Well, simple- using your own logic, I am FAR more likely to be killed by you driving drunk than you are by me shooting you. You don't drink? You don't drink and drive? Well, I don't commit crimes, either, but that hasn't stopped you from making your blanket judgement, so I shall return the favor. Drugs and alcohol are not necessary, they do not provide nourishment nor have any place within modern society.

Sure, booze made sense in the days of the Founders when water was tainted with bacteria and parasites, and alcohol was the only way to render it safe, but that was a very low-grade of alcohol, nothing like the powerful and dangerous concoctions one can buy in any bar with ease today. We don't need alcohol in modern society, because our water is now protected by water treatment plants and is no longer a threat. Only people living in third-world environments need alcohol today, not people in the civilized world.

So, due to irresponsible drunk drivers- which account for three times more deaths than all firearms deaths, including legal ones such as law enforcement uses of force, combined- and the risk that you might potentially drive drunk, let us outlaw alcohol rather than just punish the offenders who used it stupidly.

makes sense, right?"
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline DakotaT  
#257 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:47:37 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

Why is it the pro gun people keep coming up with these lame apples to oranges comparisons? Jesus Christ, just stick to the issue which is what guns are needed by civilians and which civilians should have the right to own them. That's all this is about, but yet everyone throws in these "common sense" analogies that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#258 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:10:44 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Why don't this make national headlines

Here is a good point why we should have guns, but then again this won't make national news because this isn't what the government wants people to see.

A homeowner kills a would be robber and wounds 2 others, as there was a sleep over in his house. So he could have prevented another mass shooting but like I said this won't make it out because it goes against what Obama wants.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Formo  
#259 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:24:46 AM(UTC)
Formo

Why is it the pro gun people keep coming up with these lame apples to oranges comparisons? Jesus Christ, just stick to the issue which is what guns are needed by civilians and which civilians should have the right to own them. That's all this is about, but yet everyone throws in these "common sense" analogies that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Alcohol or drugs aren't needed by civilians too. It's about our personal LIBERTIES, not about guns, booze, or drugs. They have EVERYTHING to do with the issue at hand.

Of course, I know better. Someone already pointed out the futility of debating the effectiveness of gun control with believers in the religion of Gun Control.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#260 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 10:24:07 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 569
Applause Received: 256

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
Why don't this make national headlines

Here is a good point why we should have guns, but then again this won't make national news because this isn't what the government wants people to see.

A homeowner kills a would be robber and wounds 2 others, as there was a sleep over in his house. So he could have prevented another mass shooting but like I said this won't make it out because it goes against what Obama wants.

Did he need an assault rifle to prevent this mass shooting or did he accomplish this with a 12 Ga. shotgun and 1 round of double O buck?
I'm all for gun ownwership and home protection. I stand against assault rifles with 30 round magazines.

Offline zombieslayer  
#261 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 11:39:54 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I'm all for Free Speech too. Unless it involves making fun of someone. Or it's offensive to someone's religion. Or you're discussing something that could possibly hurt someone. Or if you're criticizing the President of the United States. Anyone who criticizes the President of the United States should go to jail. No exceptions.

Other than that, I'm all for Free Speech.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Formo on 12/29/2012(UTC), Wade on 12/29/2012(UTC)
Offline yooperfan  
#262 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:56:30 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 569
Applause Received: 256

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I'm all for Free Speech too. Unless it involves making fun of someone. Or it's offensive to someone's religion. Or you're discussing something that could possibly hurt someone. Or if you're criticizing the President of the United States. Anyone who criticizes the President of the United States should go to jail. No exceptions.

Wow, you should be president of the NRA.

Offline Wade  
#263 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:59:47 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 675

Oh, well said. You had me going for a bit, long enough to see whether I misread the user name. Took me just the right amount of time to figure out your intended tone. ("plus one" if we were still doing it the other way!)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline zombieslayer  
#264 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:12:23 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Like I've said, I'm an amateur historian. Yes, innocent people will die every year with "scary" guns. I won't deny that. But as a historian, when things crashed, innocent people get scapegoated. Then they get murdered by mobs and/or the government.

THERE ARE TOO MANY EXAMPLES OF THIS IN THE 20TH CENTURY ALONE. And no, I will not apologize for screaming because frankly, I'm pissed off.

I'm the wrong skin color and the wrong race. I want guns that hold 30+ bullets, because when the mob shows up at my door, I want to shoot every single last one of those mother f*ckers.

And lastly for the record, most of those mass murders (I'm not talking about the 10+, I'm talking about the 100,000+), the people thought "can't happen here." There were a few where the people saw it coming but couldn't do a thing about it. And gun control is what got them killed. Everyone knows this, but some of us are in denial about it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#265 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:24:59 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Like I've said, I'm an amateur historian. Yes, innocent people will die every year with "scary" guns. I won't deny that. But as a historian, when things crashed, innocent people get scapegoated. Then they get murdered by mobs and/or the government.

THERE ARE TOO MANY EXAMPLES OF THIS IN THE 20TH CENTURY ALONE. And no, I will not apologize for screaming because frankly, I'm pissed off.

I'm the wrong skin color and the wrong race. I want guns that hold 30+ bullets, because when the mob shows up at my door, I want to shoot every single last one of those mother f*ckers.

And lastly for the record, most of those mass murders (I'm not talking about the 10+, I'm talking about the 100,000+), the people thought "can't happen here." There were a few where the people saw it coming but couldn't do a thing about it. And gun control is what got them killed. Everyone knows this, but some of us are in denial about it.

Yes but you are talking about gun abolishment, not gun control. The pro gun view wants to scare people into saying they are going to confiscate all guns and that simply is not the case. There are people in this country other than convicted felons that should not be allowed to own a weapon and it has to do with their mental capacity not that Dumbass Formo thinks I'm a Fascist.

I'll give you that a governmnet can ramrod a society that doesn't have weapons, but do any of you really think our government would be able to disarm this country? No f*ckin way could that happen, but we can make laws so that certain people can't own guns. Enforcing those laws is where the problem lies today and thirty years from now.

The other side of this argument is which guns/magazines should be legal. Argue away, but my opinion is that no common swinging dick out there should be allowed a weapon that could fire thirty rounds in less than 15 seconds. It's just not necessary.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 12/29/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#266 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:35:37 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Yes but you are talking about gun abolishment, not gun control. The pro gun view wants to scare people into saying they are going to confiscate all guns and that simply is not the case. There are people in this country other than convicted felons that should not be allowed to own a weapon and it has to do with their mental capacity not that Dumbass Formo thinks I'm a Fascist.

I'll give you that a governmnet can ramrod a society that doesn't have weapons, but do any of you really think our government would be able to disarm this country? No f*ckin way could that happen, but we can make laws so that certain people can't own guns. Enforcing those laws is where the problem lies today and thirty years from now.

The other side of this argument is which guns/magazines should be legal. Argue away, but my opinion is that no common swinging dick out there should be allowed a weapon that could fire thirty rounds in less than 15 seconds. It's just not necessary.

With all due respect, amigo, you're still seeing the small picture.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#267 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:59:54 AM(UTC)
Formo

Zombie, what do you think as the amateur historian?

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#268 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:35:29 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 173
Applause Received: 379

Because we can't even afford our teachers according to the Republicans who want to gut education - but sticking yahoos at the front door solves our problems? It's proposterous - and the NRA look like a bunch of jackasses for bringing it up.

Do away with sports or a music program, and you could afford protection for the children.
I know....."The poor kids won't have sports or band???"
What's more important? Playing a clarinet, making a free throw, or making sure there is someone there that can keep a madman from murdering defenseless children and teachers?
Republicans do NOT want to "gut" education. What they DO want is accountability to said "educators" for the money spent. Kids that graduate high school yet can't read and write (and i know one personally that did) and scores that don't match up with lessor countries that have much less money to spend on education.
THAT is what they are asking for.

What answer do YOU have to protect the kids in school? I haven't heard you come up with even ONE so far. Other then to poo poo the only serious answer that has been put out there.

The guns are there. You can outlaw all you want. Bad guys will still get them, and commit horrible crimes. As has been said (and proven) gun laws ONLY affect LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. They stop NO criminals or violent crime.
Why is that so hard to accept for you? The proof is there that what i just said is 100% true. Yet you just keep spewing the same anti gun stuff, and offer no REAL thing that will stop the bad guys from killing.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#269 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:11:18 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
Do away with sports or a music program, and you could afford protection for the children.
I know....."The poor kids won't have sports or band???"
What's more important? Playing a clarinet, making a free throw, or making sure there is someone there that can keep a madman from murdering defenseless children and teachers?
Republicans do NOT want to "gut" education. What they DO want is accountability to said "educators" for the money spent. Kids that graduate high school yet can't read and write (and i know one personally that did) and scores that don't match up with lessor countries that have much less money to spend on education.
THAT is what they are asking for.

What answer do YOU have to protect the kids in school? I haven't heard you come up with even ONE so far. Other then to poo poo the only serious answer that has been put out there.

The guns are there. You can outlaw all you want. Bad guys will still get them, and commit horrible crimes. As has been said (and proven) gun laws ONLY affect LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. They stop NO criminals or violent crime.
Why is that so hard to accept for you? The proof is there that what i just said is 100% true. Yet you just keep spewing the same anti gun stuff, and offer no REAL thing that will stop the bad guys from killing.

Who's to say the gun enthusiest hired to watch the front door doesn't get taken out before the rampage. I went and picked up my kids at school last week and told the principle and a couple teachers standing out in the lobby what the NRA's big idea was - they rolled their eyes and snickered at the stupidity of putting an armed guard at their front door. And if you think small town America is going to give up their football team, Cheesey, you're out of your mind. I don't have the answers, but I know a bad idea when I hear one - and armed guards in the schools where I live is a bad idea. If the big city people want to do that, then by all means, go right ahead - but figure out how to pay for it on your own.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#270 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:57:27 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Zombie, what do you think as the amateur historian?

UserPostedImage

Well, had to have a strategy of having thousands of people severely beaten, including beaten to death instead of simply overthrowing them by force.

The British deserved to be overthrown by force. If you look at their history, they're one of the most evil nations that ever existed. They've f*cked over a quarter of the planet.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage