Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
19 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#166 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 6:52:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 1,311

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
shooting

This happened about 15 miles from me today and people are saying that we need to ban guns. Hell this is a good example of a good guy with a gun taking care of business. But then again we should ban trucks because the imbreeder tried running down 3 state troopers until they shot and killed him.

So ban guns and ban trucks is the way to go

How about we ban guns except for the 3 weeks we get to hunt. That's the only time I take mine out. Can't ban cars or trucks because they are used daily. Catch the drift there Haze?
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#167 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 8:35:59 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 639
Applause Received: 655

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
The Republicons will just leverage their votes for moderate gun laws for a lesser tax hike on the rich. So yeah, nothing gets done - just like they want it.

Merry Christmas Wade, don't I normally mail you some nectar this time of year?

Haven't finished the last shipment yet! (W/the diabetes, I have to ration it. :)

Besides, I don't think I deserve more than a couple chunks of coal this year. Been far too bad far too much far too often.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Wade  
#168 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 8:38:12 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 639
Applause Received: 655

But, nonetheless, Merry Christmas, Troy, to you and those gorgeous blondes.

And to all of the rest of you, too. May you get what you want, do what you want, and may all be well.

Merry Christmas!

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Formo  
#169 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 8:47:16 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Again, please, do NOT fall for that kind of stuff! It is brainwashing you into doubting things predicated on the inaccurate journalistic society!

So, we shouldn't question the 'facts' being spoon fed to us? That's all this author did, albeit the spin (which is legitimate until proven otherwise).

I'll accept the author's blogs/posts as truth far before anything else by the mainstream media.

Questions he posed that still aren't answered off the top of my head:

1) If the AR15 was used in the killings, how did it end back up in the trunk of the car?
2) There was a 2nd suspect found in the woods, wearing black camo. What happened to him and who was he?

2 huge questions. Zero answers.

Now, if there has been information that has been released that explains all the reasons these questions are being asked and I missed it, then my apologies. I haven't found it yet, though.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#170 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 8:49:58 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
You don't need to, it's the programming you follow. You're talking about the break down of the nuclear family and that began in the 60's. So the last time in our history we had what the fright wing considers proper family life and morals was the 50's. Fricken hippies and baby boomers ruined the world.

lol@"programming I follow"

My 'programming' > your communist pig programming.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#171 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 9:15:20 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,031

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Now, if there has been information that has been released that explains all the reasons these questions are being asked and I missed it, then my apologies. I haven't found it yet, though.

OMG! This is EXACTLY what I am talking about! POOR JOURNALISM some how turns in FACTS!!

I give up, I'm done. You ... no I won't go there. I'm completely dumbfounded, completely!

And you believing some ... astonishing, just ... wow. Flabbergasted.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Formo  
#172 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 9:20:51 PM(UTC)
Formo

OMG! This is EXACTLY what I am talking about! POOR JOURNALISM some how turns in FACTS!!

So you are agreeing with me on piss poor 'journalism'? You have an odd way of showing it. Might wanna work on your communication and people skills, bruh.

I give up, I'm done. You ... no I won't go there. I'm completely dumbfounded, completely!

And you believing some ... astonishing, just ... wow. Flabbergasted.

Where did I say I believed everything? I meant my comment as that author's words carried more weight with me than all the MSM 'reporting' does. That's it.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#173 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 9:21:35 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

You folks calling for capital punishment for ANY crime with a gun scare me. The more I've done research, the more I'm against capital punishment. Hell, the Illinois Republican Governor did his research and found a high percentage of guys on death row had the misfortune of being the wrong skin color and having a shitty lawyer.

This country not only needs MORE guns, we need more people carrying them. Not only would crime plummet, but this society would be a hell of a lot more friendly. And hopefully drive better too, for I know that if I die before 90, it will be via a bad driver.

EDIT: Wade - you're not paranoid. You've just read a lot of history.

I have read a lot of history as well and have come to the same conclusion - more guns in private hands is a good thing. Sure, you'll have murders and suicides. But I'll take the 14k murders a year + 16k suicides a year any day of the week over my skin color/sexual orientation/nationality/religion/glasses wearing, or whatever being shipped off to camps and exterminated.

Everywhere it happened, the citizens absolutely positively knew that "it can't happen here." Of course not.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#174 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:04:21 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 1,311

lol@"programming I follow"

My 'programming' > your communist pig programming.

No, I was programmed just like you and then woke up. It doesn't mean I flipped to the extreme left, it means I'm willing to listen to the other side, something you fright wingers should try one day.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#175 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:59:55 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

So you are agreeing with me on piss poor 'journalism'? You have an odd way of showing it. Might wanna work on your communication and people skills, bruh.

Again, READ what I FIRST said about the article! You're worse than a woman! It's like talkin to a damn wall!

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#176 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:27:50 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
You folks calling for capital punishment for ANY crime with a gun scare me. The more I've done research, the more I'm against capital punishment. Hell, the Illinois Republican Governor did his research and found a high percentage of guys on death row had the misfortune of being the wrong skin color and having a shitty lawyer.

Here is my point in that line of thinking, you are using a deadly weapon in a criminal activity. Showing a careless and disregard for others life in your own gain of some sort.

Again, if you want to use your right to own and use that gun for a crime, then yes, it is apparent you have little regard for life itself. There is reason you are using a gun, even if you don't fire it, it is there for the threat of taking a life.

Now, of course there are levels of proof needed before flipping the switch, but in cases where there is no doubt it was the person using the gun. Done.

Sounds cold, but what else is there to do with a person that has that much disregard for life? Rehabilitate? Really.. what percent of criminals repeat their crimes?

Googled the question, in 10 different articles, the violent repeat offenders in prison are slightly over 56% using the average of those numbers. So over half are going to do it again.

We feed, house, educate and "reprogram" them, and still 56% percent of them are going to repeat their crimes. One might argue that of the remaining 44%, some of those have learned how to avoid getting caught again. But that would be more opinion than fact.

Additionally, how many of the convicted violent criminals return to society and live productive lives? How many of them live with the stigma of their crimes and are able to obtain gainful employment? How many of them become another statistic in being dependent upon government assistance? All because they choose to break the law. Their own actions.

I am mostly against the death penalty in principle, however those committing crime with a deadly weapon, I say we have to put it onto the table in cases without a doubt in the identity of the offender.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#177 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:37:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Googled the question, in 10 different articles, the violent repeat offenders in prison are slightly over 56% using the average of those numbers. So over half are going to do it again.

This is primarily because when you put criminals with criminals, they compare notes. It gives them a false sense of encouragement that 'ok this got me caught, this got him caught, so if i do this...' coupled with no actual rehabilitation being administered in jails or prisons. The jail and prison life, guess what, it is not as bad as movies make it out to be. In fact, many of them enjoy their time ... free "food", no financial obligations of any kind and a roof over your head. It's the lazy irresponsible persons dream.

This could probably spurn into a whole separate topic, but I mean, most jails an prisons have CABLE ... I don't even have cable. I could go on and on about this and it's from direct experience, not reading the internet or anything.

The four most recent mass shootings, I don't think they were repeat criminals.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#178 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:40:58 AM(UTC)
Formo

Again, READ what I FIRST said about the article! You're worse than a woman! It's like talkin to a damn wall!

Oh, let me boil it down for you: Your communication 'ability' (more like lack thereof) blow. You need to work on it. Also, while you are at it, try some people skills, too.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#179 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:45:53 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

This is primarily because when you put criminals with criminals, they compare notes. It gives them a false sense of encouragement that 'ok this got me caught, this got him caught, so if i do this...' coupled with no actual rehabilitation being administered in jails or prisons. The jail and prison life, guess what, it is not as bad as movies make it out to be. In fact, many of them enjoy their time ... free "food", no financial obligations of any kind and a roof over your head. It's the lazy irresponsible persons dream.

Does it can the dynamic at all? Are we as a society still picking up the dime for another's choice an action? Are they going to commit another crime?

Heaven forbid that we hold people actually accountable for their own actions.

The four most recent mass shootings, I don't think they were repeat criminals.

Yes.. but how about the other of thousands killed a week or month? And do we know that none of these 4 killers were displaying acts of violence.

You are not going to protect every situation, it is not possible with the human factor of crazy, but putting the threat of the loss of their lives for committing a crime with a gun in most, it is going to deter it. And if it doesn't what else is going to? Even if they don't have a gun, if they are that out there, they will find a way.

Goes back to focusing on the mental stability of this nation over the weapon itself.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#180 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:01:28 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

This last shooting, it was about 20 minutes between the first shots and the first responders arriving and the shooter taking his life, 20 minutes. So how much of a difference would having to reload a few more times made?
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed