Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
19 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:17:08 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I have done everything in my power to avoid hearing, looking at or seeing the names or the faces involved. Reading their stories or hearing about how it happened.

Not because I don't care.. because it would throw me into such a fit of anger, sadness and helplessness. Mostly, because there isn't a damn thing I can do to fix it.

Adults dying is one thing.. children dying is completely another.


Yeah. Me too. I don't know the monster's name, either. Don't know what he looks like. Don't care. I refuse to feed into the media hype machine and pointlessly watch this crap.

Yup. I'm unplugged. It's better this way.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Porforis  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:22:22 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,738
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
I can't fathom a reason for me to own a machine gun. There is no good reason to, IMO. But if the gubment can own and operate one, damn straight I wouldn't mind having one myself.


On a serious note, I certainly hope there's a limit on this kind of reasoning. I don't feel the need to have nukes just because the government does. I'd love to have a fighter jet and a private airfield though :)
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:23:47 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
I can't fathom a reason for me to own a machine gun. There is no good reason to, IMO. But if the gubment can own and operate one, damn straight I wouldn't mind having one myself.

We lost our freedoms and liberties when the government achieved the access to items/weapons/etc that we cannot.

Safety vs Freedom. I choose Freedom.


Yet you vote for the party that enslaves you?

Hey, I'm all for shutting down the war machine. I want to watch Billy Jim Bob and the redneck boys take on the Delta Force - they should make that reality tv.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:24:43 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,750
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Yeah. Me too. I don't know the monster's name, either. Don't know what he looks like. Don't care. I refuse to feed into the media hype machine and pointlessly watch this crap.

Yup. I'm unplugged. It's better this way.


My daughter and I had this discussion this weekend.. not because I wanted to.. but because she had questions and concerns. Otherwise, I would have avoided it entirely. She is 10 and asked some pretty hard questions about the incident, more on the mental makeup of the killer.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:30:27 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
On a serious note, I certainly hope there's a limit on this kind of reasoning. I don't feel the need to have nukes just because the government does. I'd love to have a fighter jet and a private airfield though :)


That whole argument comes from lunacy. Are the right wing uneducateds so paranoid that they think they have the right to own every weapon the government has to defend themselves against the government? You guys have any idea how crazy that sounds?
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:36:57 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,738
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
That whole argument comes from lunacy. Are the right wing uneducateds so paranoid that they think they have the right to own every weapon the government has to defend themselves against the government? You guys have any idea how crazy that sounds?


Yes, which is why basically nobody makes that argument. You can do a pretty damn good job of making the far right look crazy without distorting what they're saying in an attempt to make your point. Can you find any quotes where someone is seriously proposing that they should have the right to own a completely operational and armed tank, cruise missiles, fighter aircraft with weapons systems and weapons intact, naval vessels with either cannons or missiles? Or when people make arguments like this, are they talking exclusively about firearms?
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:47:52 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Yes, which is why basically nobody makes that argument. You can do a pretty damn good job of making the far right look crazy without distorting what they're saying in an attempt to make your point. Can you find any quotes where someone is seriously proposing that they should have the right to own a completely operational and armed tank, cruise missiles, fighter aircraft with weapons systems and weapons intact, naval vessels with either cannons or siles? Or when people make arguments like this, are they talking exclusively about firearms?


Well why stop at a machine gun?. Like Formo said, he wants what the government has, because he has rights and freedoms to protect. We should all carry around artillery so that we can defend ourselves from our government that want to take all our rights. I wish this election would have gone on for another year so we could have aired out all the craziness in this country through the media. These ideas have been proliferated by the NRA and white supremecy groups for decades, and I live among thse crazy bastards. Montanabob and I live in an area of the country that is full of right wing radicals.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:57:17 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
On a serious note, I certainly hope there's a limit on this kind of reasoning. I don't feel the need to have nukes just because the government does. I'd love to have a fighter jet and a private airfield though :)


That's ballin', bruh.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Yet you vote for the party that enslaves you?

Hey, I'm all for shutting down the war machine. I want to watch Billy Jim Bob and the redneck boys take on the Delta Force - they should make that reality tv.


I vote either for the guy/gal who's view is my own, or I don't vote at all for that particular seat (or write-in like I did for this year's POTUS). I know you already knew this because I've only told you via these forums about 50 times, so make this 51. I call and have called my self a republican not because I only vote red on the ballots but because when I first started looking at the political parties and wanted to make an informative choice between the two, I read BOTH parties platforms and constitutions and I lined up mostly with the GOP. And to add to that, I thought the DFL platform/constitution was eerily similar to the Communist Manifesto, hence my nickname for Rockmolder as the Communist (all meant in love, Rock).

As of right now, I agree with your take on the war machine. In a different economy and worldwide image, I may disagree.. but I think now is not the time to keep pumping in money into other people's affairs with our military/war machine and instead put our effort into fixing this broke ass economy

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
That whole argument comes from lunacy. Are the right wing uneducateds so paranoid that they think they have the right to own every weapon the government has to defend themselves against the government? You guys have any idea how crazy that sounds?


Who knows if they think that. But I don't trust this government to keep my ass safe, that's for sure. I'mma go about my bidness as if only I can take care of me and my own. Any thing additional is bonus. Unless it's Uncle Sam. In which case, he can take a flying leap.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:00:20 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Well why stop at a machine gun?. Like Formo said, he wants what the government has, because he has rights and freedoms to protect. We should all carry around artillery so that we can defend ourselves from our government that want to take all our rights. I wish this election would have gone on for another year so we could have aired out all the craziness in this country through the media. These ideas have been proliferated by the NRA and white supremecy groups for decades, and I live among thse crazy bastards. Montanabob and I live in an area of the country that is full of right wing radicals.


I love how you drop the race bomb. Begs me to view you as a racist, FYI
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline DakotaT  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:11:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post


Who knows if they think that. But I don't trust this government to keep my ass safe, that's for sure. I'mma go about my bidness as if only I can take care of me and my own. Any thing additional is bonus. Unless it's Uncle Sam. In which case, he can take a flying leap.


Seriously? You think the government has more interest in harming you than protecting you?
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:16:16 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
I love how you drop the race bomb. Begs me to view you as a racist, FYI


Wouldn't I be a reverse racist then, turning on my own kind? Recognizing stupidity is not a racial issue.
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:50:06 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,252
Joined: 12/17/2006(UTC)
Location: illinois

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

automatic weapons belong in the hands of our military & possibly some police.

nobody needs a damn machine gun to hunt - if anyone can write/say that with a straight face, well i've got some oceanfront property in arizona i'd love to sell you.

UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:55:44 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,252
Joined: 12/17/2006(UTC)
Location: illinois

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 122

oh & btw...my kids school made some swift changes to the way people are allowed to enter the building.

as it was, they have a buzzer system on the front door - all doors are locked as soon as school starts.
now, the only door they can go in is the front door in the morning, the superintendent helps the kids out of their cars & watches them walk into the building. i like it! i'm proud that our school did something to better ensure the safety of the kids.

when the kids go out of the class for any reason, they have to wear a lanyard with a pass on it. any visitor has to be buzzed in (they have a camera so they can see who it is) then you go to the office, sign in for whatever purpose, & have to wear a guest pass. again, i like it!

i keep wondering how much longer it'll be before our schools look like prisons.

my kids weren't freaked out about the incident but asked alot of really tough questions. pretty damn sad that a 10 year old kid has to think about this kinda bullshit, isn't it??
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:01:47 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Seriously? You think the government has more interest in harming you than protecting you?


No, I simply don't trust it to keep me and mine safe.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:04:26 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Wouldn't I be a reverse racist then, turning on my own kind?


Any sort of favoring, whether it's for or against, a race is racist.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Recognizing stupidity is not a racial issue.


I know. But you are the one who brought race into it.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
19 Pages<12345>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

5h / Around The NFL / Dexter_Sinister

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Random Babble / Pack93z

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

23-Jul / Random Babble / DakotaT

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

22-Jul / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Jul / Random Babble / dhazer


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.