Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Porforis  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 4:04:51 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

http://www.cnn.com/2012/...ted/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent was arrested Saturday on suspicion of intoxication manslaughter after his Mercedes flipped, leaving teammate Jerry Brown Jr. fatally injured, police in Irving, Texas, said.

Brent's car was allegedly traveling at a high speed when it hit a curb, flipped and caught fire, according to Irving police, who said officers on the scene "believed alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash."

The car traveled about 900 feet after hitting the curb, said police spokesman John Argumaniz.

When officers came upon the scene, Brent was dragging Brown, 25, from the car, officials told reporters.

Brown was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

This is a bad year for NFL players and employees. My condolences go out to both of their families. That being said, why the hell are you out drunk... DRIVING at 2AM the day before a game? One very bad mistake that unfortunately ended one life and will mean prison for another.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline vikesrule  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 4:05:43 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Damn...

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Joshua Brent has been arrested and charged with intoxicated vehicular manslaughter.... that claimed the life of Cowboys practice squad linebacker Jerry Brown.

Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Joshua Brent has been arrested and charged with intoxicated vehicular manslaughter..that claimed the life of Cowboys practice squad linebacker Jerry Brown.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Joshua Brent has been arrested and charged with intoxicated vehicular manslaughter by the Irving Police Department following an accident on East State Highway 114 early Saturday morning that claimed the life of Cowboys practice squad linebacker Jerry Brown.

Brent and Brown were teammates at the University of Illinois.

According to the report, Brent was traveling at a high rate of speed when his vehicle "hit the outside curb", causing it to flip over and come to rest in the middle of the road. Brent was given a field sobriety test, which he failed, and had blood drawn at a local hospital before he was booked on the second-degree felony by the Irving PD. According to Tim MacMahon of ESPN.com, Brent was trying to drag Brown from the burning car when the police arrived on scene.

Brown was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead....
Offline gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 5:02:28 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

This wasn't his first DUI either.
call me Dan
Offline nyrpack  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 5:39:52 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 41

another black eye for the league , just plain stupid, all the $ these guys make they cant hire a driver when there out on the town

plain stupid !!
jimmy b.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
TheKanataThrilla on 12/8/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 5:45:30 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,846
Applause Received: 2,004

I think excessive dollars makes some weak.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:57:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

This is one of those topics where I don't deserve to render an opinion because when I was in my late teens and twenties, I drove a vehicle impaired probably 3 or 4 times a week and never had an accident or a DUI. It's terrible the other guy was killed - and hopefully Mr. Brent can someday forgive himself.

When we are young, we don't realize how precious life is.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Porforis on 12/9/2012(UTC), Wade on 12/9/2012(UTC)
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 9:41:57 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 125
Applause Received: 89

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
This is one of those topics where I don't deserve to render an opinion because when I was in my late teens and twenties, I drove a vehicle impaired probably 3 or 4 times a week and never had an accident or a DUI. It's terrible the other guy was killed - and hopefully Mr. Brent can someday forgive himself.

We were all idiots once, but when you are making an NFL salary you can afford a fucking cab or a driver for the night. Sad case which makes no sense to me.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 9:48:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

I often think back and remember the days I didn't worry about tomorrow because I knew it would come. That changed pretty quick when I stopped healing as fast as I used to lol

I read he was an expecting father and was realizing he needed to slow his life down because he wanted a family, wife and children.

UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:42:27 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 163
Applause Received: 277

Senseless
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:09:54 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Stacee McWilliams wrote:
I want people to understand that Josh Brent is not a hero. I keep hearing reports of how he was there to pull his friend from the fire but he had to be coerced and pushed and begged and pleaded to get his friend out of the fire and when he pulled him out, he just left him in the street. He didn’t tell him ‘hang in there, help is on the way.’ Nothing. He just left him there and I want the magnitude of that to be understood.

UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:47:44 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

I was just about to post this. It's awful, but for now I'll give Brent the benefit of the doubt and hope he was in shock or something. I don't like to imagine another human being purposely acting like that.

And on that subject, how long was McWilliams going to argue with Brent before helping Brown herself?
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:52:41 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

My first reaction: Wow! He's a real scumbag.
My second reaction: He's in shock. (not "surprise" shock, but "medical condition" shock). Very little way to predict how any of us will react when in shock.
My third reaction: Said eyewitness critic: instead of badgering an accident victim, how come *you* aren't trying to help the guy out yourself?
My fourth reaction: I shouldn't jump to conclusions based on limited information.
My fifth reaction: Journalist is a scumbag for reporting this.
My sixth reaction: I'm a scumbag for reading this journalist's report
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:19:31 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

We have no idea of Brent's medical situation ... so the witness making sure that the real story isn't known is borderline sad.

Shock as mentioned.. concussion? Overwhelmed.. froze. Overcome with fear? Who the hell knows but the man himself.. and he will forever live with this.

All I know is this.. if I roll up on an accident and someone is trapped.. begging someone to help isn't going to be high on my list of things to do at that moment. Call for help/report then actually help.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:16:54 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post

And on that subject, how long was McWilliams going to argue with Brent before helping Brown herself?

While normally I would agree, and would think it is more productive to just go help than to argue with someone else to go help. Try to picture a woman pulling a 250 pound man out of a car. Couldn't see it, could you?
call me Dan
Offline Zero2Cool  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:12:59 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The only words I agree with Stacee on are he's not a hero. You don't drive drunk, roll your car over and then suddenly become heroic by trying to pull your best friend out of the car. An act of heroism would have been to call a cab and not risk the lives of anyone inside the car, or outside of it.

I don't know that I can bash the driver for not jumping into a blazing car while intoxicated.

I can't help wonder if she would have made an attempt to pull him from the vehicle if the driver would have acted more swiftly seeing a woman was trying to do what by all means he should have done immediately. Maybe that would have got him to 'come to the rescue' quicker?

Anyhow, I go back to my original standing ... call a cab. I truly do not understand why people get behind the wheel while intoxicated. If you are going out drinking, you know this before your first sip so why not plan ahead? Are we people that irresponsible an that inept and ignorant?

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 12/11/2012(UTC)
Rss Feed