Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:41:03 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

Vilified last year.. savior this season.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
According to Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com, the Packers have agreed to a deal with running back Ryan Grant, who will sign today. The source on this one is solid — Grant himself.

http://twitter.com/jason...tuses/276329180524851200

Quote:
The #Packers and @RyanGrant25 have agreed to terms and the running back will sign with his old team this morning, per Grant.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Packfan87  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:46:40 AM(UTC)
Packfan87

United States

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 5

Love Grant

Not thrilled that we're so injured we're forced to call on him however...
Offline gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:40:20 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

I am so happy to have grant back, pretty upset we lost starks tho.
call me Dan
Offline Porforis  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:43:14 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Vilified last year.. savior this season.

Let's not call him a savior until he's actually done something this year, m'kay? I'm not saying he's going to suck or anything, I'm just cautious considering nobody's signed him until now. But it's nice to have a little more depth that's had NFL experience, as well as experience in our scheme.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/5/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:45:33 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Let's not call him a savior until he's actually done something this year, m'kay? I'm not saying he's going to suck or anything, I'm just cautious considering nobody's signed him until now. But it's nice to have a little more depth that's had NFL experience, as well as experience in our scheme.

Oh.. it is not that I think he is the answer to our issues or that he is going to ignite the offense.

But instead, those that repeatedly stated he sucked will now be excited to add him to the roster.

Grant has been a solid back for us.. knows the offense.. it is a logical fit and there should be little doubt that he will provide some relief.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:51:42 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Oh.. it is not that I think he is the answer to our issues or that he is going to ignite the offense.

But instead, those that repeatedly stated he sucked will now be excited to add him to the roster.

Grant has been a solid back for us.. knows the offense.. it is a logical fit and there should be little doubt that he will provide some relief.

I've never said he's sucked, I just always wished we had someone slightly better. I guess my concern at this point is if he's still in tiptop football shape, mentally and physically. If we get the old Grant back or something pretty close to it, it will be a huge boost. Although I'd still rather have Cedric Benson (unless his old fumblitis comes back).
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:53:52 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

We need a body that can come in if needed.

Grant was much the same as Starks and Green. If the line blocked well, he was good. when the line doesn't do their job, he sucked.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:02:20 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
I've never said he's sucked, I just always wished we had someone slightly better. I guess my concern at this point is if he's still in tiptop football shape, mentally and physically. If we get the old Grant back or something pretty close to it, it will be a huge boost. Although I'd still rather have Cedric Benson (unless his old fumblitis comes back).

Not pointing the finger in any direction specifically.. but it was and always will be the next guy in line in the better choice.

I yearly hope we draft a blue chip type back that can support the elite passing game we have and help close out games. I supported Benson being added as he, IMO, is a better fit for our offense than Grant. But that doesn't mean Grant was garbage either.

Chat.. threads.. it was filled with "he runs into the the backs of the lineman" or "can't break a tackle". Those same quotes now will be to give him time over Green.. feature him. Etc.

Basically.. Grant is a known commodity to the Packers and will be a steady back that can be utilized quickly and provides an ready option. Nothing more can be expected. Anything more is a gift..

But that won't stop some from elevating their expectations only to be disappointed and start clamoring for the next guy. The calls for Harris or White will start after a couple of carries. We seen it earlier this season.. we see it every season.

Like those that could find no flaw in Rodgers last season only to call him a stat whore this season. Even thought the guy is still playing the position at levels few ever obtain and does everything he can to propel this team to victory with a torrid pass rush weekly chasing him down.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:37:05 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,738
Applause Received: 1,310

seems like a reasonable move. Grant knows the system. Aaron Rodgers and coaches know what he can do. He always seemed to pick it up in December.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 9:58:55 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

There are still options on the team better than Grant. Green will get the majority of the running attempts, next Kuhn, and throw in a few gadget plays to Cobb. After that, we might see a little of Grant. I doubt we'll see much of him this week, and why would we run against the Lions when there is a porous secondary to exploit?

Wait a minute, just checked the weather - 60% chance of snow for Sunday in Green Bay and it's a night game. This has the makings of a slobbernocker. I don't have good feelings about this one, but I didn't feel good going into last week's game either.
UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:19:55 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

I'm assuming he's not in game shape, but we shouldn't need him much against Detoilet anyway. And IIRC, he's a good mudder - and 3 of our last 4 games are outdoors in the North. I approve.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:20:58 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
There are still options on the team better than Grant. Green will get the majority of the running attempts, next Kuhn, and throw in a few gadget plays to Cobb. After that, we might see a little of Grant. I doubt we'll see much of him this week, and why would we run against the Lions when there is a porous secondary to exploit?

Wait a minute, just checked the weather - 60% chance of snow for Sunday in Green Bay and it's a night game. This has the makings of a slobbernocker. I don't have good feelings about this one, but I didn't feel good going into last week's game either.

So then, we're good!

I like this signing. Makes perfect sense given the circumstances. I could care less about what others may have said about him previously. That's history, under different circumstances than the ones that present today. All I know, is we will be seeing a highly motivated Ryan Grant, whenever he might take the field. This looks to be a good signing at the right time. If and when he is called upon to contribute, I have few doubts that he will make the most of his opportunities.

Grant was probably the very best option for signing week 14, and I'm glad he was available, and that Ted got it done.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/5/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:44:49 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,738
Applause Received: 1,310

no doubt he will be lower on the depth chart. probably tech #2 behind Green but in reality he Kuhn and to a small degree Cobb will share the extra carries.
I figure he may get 1-3 this week if he is activated.
4-5 against the rest of the teams.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline beast  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:36:57 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

Grant normally is able to get a couple of long runs on the Bears some how... something the Packers very well might need if the OL has trouble with the Bears DEs. And they already struggled some against the Lions DL once... (3 sacks, lots of pressure and slight less than 3 yards average for the RB)

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline Porforis  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:44:46 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

I still like Kuhn as a blocker and as a pure Packers Person, but it seems he's been completely ineffective at running the ball.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed