Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#61 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:27:03 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

It's what my buddy calls him, it just rubbed off on me
call me Dan
Offline zombieslayer  
#62 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:08:14 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Well, Starks had 25 rushes for 74 yards and added a reception for 6 yards.

That's better than Green's best day, but still under 3 yards per carry. I've been saying Starks is tougher than Green but Green is faster and a better receiver.

I personally don't have a preference yet. I think Benson wins his job back when he gets off IR.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline dfosterf  
#63 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:14:47 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 416

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
UserPostedImage


Sorry, I usually don't do this in your "Packers section", but I just could not resist......bad VR. Big Grin



You have a hell of a running back, Nick-- We all pretty much acknowledge it.

We don't have anything like that, we just barely schlep along with a little bit better organization, imo, with possibly a better QB and WR corps. It's an opinion, but you might admit it could be possible. Not talking



UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline zombieslayer  
#64 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:24:16 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
You have a hell of a running back, Nick-- We all pretty much acknowledge it.

We don't have anything like that, we just barely schlep along with a little bit better organization, imo, with possibly a better QB and WR corps. It's an opinion, but you might admit it could be possible. Not talking





AP is THE best athlete in the NFL. He plays the least important position in the NFL.

We got the shittiest RBs in the NFL. We have a good shot at winning the SB. The Vikings? No.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Rios39  
#65 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:33:01 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Starks made the most out of what he was given. You'll see him power 3-4 yards out of nothing unless the oline completely blows up and hes got 3 guys tackling him. Way better cuts and vision than Green as well.
blank
Offline Porforis  
#66 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 1:33:03 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

In the chat yesterday, someone asked who we'd start when/if Benson comes back. I really don't know... Benson's got great vision and burst, as well as speed and tends to fall forward. Starks seems like a one-cut bruiser that always seems to get that extra yard or two. Better vision or power?
UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#67 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 1:43:00 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/9/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
In the chat yesterday, someone asked who we'd start when/if Benson comes back. I really don't know... Benson's got great vision and burst, as well as speed and tends to fall forward. Starks seems like a one-cut bruiser that always seems to get that extra yard or two. Better vision or power?


Starks has much more break away speed than Benson though. We need to split carries better. Other teams get more than 1 back carries.. Should be utilizing Green more in third downs or in plays looking to get him into space. With Starks as the starter...

The Lions are good vs the run so we'll see if we improve against some of the other teams we face. You can Gash the Giants sometimes in the run cause they'll be charging up field for the sacks.
blank
Online Zero2Cool  
#68 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 2:00:12 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,953
Applause Received: 2,183

I like James Starks, but I like and trust Cedric Benson more. Benson is the starter if/when healthy. No questions asked. If the Packers have a big lead in the 4th, you use Starks to punish their DL.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#69 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 2:11:16 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 1,073

25 att 74 yards. 2.96 per carry.

And now we are talking him as the permanent starter?

The guys runs hard, but he also runs high and takes a ton of heavy contact. I like him, but I think he also will struggle to continue to be available. Hope not, but.

I think he played a very nice game, but he is not the end all be all for the Packers running game, the "bell cow" if you will. The cliche word lately apparently.

If Benson comes back, healthy, he becomes that guy, with Starks rotating in. And I still think Green should be the third down back with a handful of carries a game.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#70 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 5:50:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,627
Applause Received: 651

Benson will be on a pitch count with that foot.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Porforis  
#71 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:09:09 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
25 att 74 yards. 2.96 per carry.

And now we are talking him as the permanent starter?

The guys runs hard, but he also runs high and takes a ton of heavy contact. I like him, but I think he also will struggle to continue to be available. Hope not, but.

I think he played a very nice game, but he is not the end all be all for the Packers running game, the "bell cow" if you will. The cliche word lately apparently.

If Benson comes back, healthy, he becomes that guy, with Starks rotating in. And I still think Green should be the third down back with a handful of carries a game.


I think that if you take out the 2 or 3 plays when he was tackled for negative yards as a result of a defender screaming through barely touched or slowly developing plays to the outside, that YPC would be closer to 3.5. I still say that if you throw APete behind this line, he'll look like a top 5 RB at best instead of a hall of famer.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#72 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 8:11:43 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,627
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
I think that if you take out the 2 or 3 plays when he was tackled for negative yards as a result of a defender screaming through barely touched or slowly developing plays to the outside, that YPC would be closer to 3.5. I still say that if you throw APete behind this line, he'll look like a top 5 RB at best instead of a hall of famer.


Keep in mind their weird obsession with running him to the left as well.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:59:04 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Canada
Joined: 9/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 140
Applause Received: 111

Starks had a pretty good day. Didn't put the ball on the ground, while facing a beast of a DL. Happy with that performance, but still hoping we get Benson back soon.

Like Green for short passing plays. Want to make sure we keep his head in the game as well. Brandon Jackson was useful for us in our Super Bowl winning playoff run and I can see Green playing a similar role.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline steveishere  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:58:32 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Starks is our only RB who can consistently break tackles. He probably got over half that yardage after contact and got a lot more of it than probably Benson or Green could have in that game.
Offline Porforis  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:26:57 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Starks is our only RB who can consistently break tackles. He probably got over half that yardage after contact and got a lot more of it than probably Benson or Green could have in that game.


Benson did a fair amount of tackle-breaking too IIRC. And always fell forward, legs churning for an extra yard or two.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
6 Pages«<3456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

22h / Announcements / Zero2Cool

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan