You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline djcubez  
#31 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 2:59:47 PM(UTC)
djcubez

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,750
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

I'm in.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline macbob  
#32 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 7:29:28 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,695
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 225

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, I have a few family events that are once a decade chance that have come up this coming week.

Draft
MONDAY, September 3rd, 7:00 PM CST


If this takes you out of the league, my apologies, but I have to make some accommodations.


Actually, Kevin, that works better for me than Fri did. I have family coming into town for Labor Day weekend and Fri would have been difficult. But they'll be gone by then on Mon.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#33 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 8:40:18 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,894
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Actually, Kevin, that works better for me than Fri did. I have family coming into town for Labor Day weekend and Fri would have been difficult. But they'll be gone by then on Mon.


no studying for you before the draft. Weeeee!!
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Packers_Finland  
#34 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 12:32:28 AM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,623
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 44

Rats. I'll miss that draft time. Oh well, I'll still participate, either as a bot drafter or I'll get someone to draft the right players for me. Anyone here willing to draft players for me, like I did for Nonstopdrivel a couple years ago?
This is a placeholder
Offline Zero2Cool  
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:59:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

I need both buckeyepackfan and polargrizz to send me a Private Message with the email you used when you registered on FleaFlicker.com please.

Edit, I've sent three email invitations. Two to the names mentioned here and one to Packers_Finland's new email address.

The rest of you should have access to your team already.

Edited by user Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:09:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:11:38 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,894
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

looks like I am first alt at this time. That is fine with me.

Fin, I have never played in an NFL fantasy league. I did MLB for about 10 years. There are lots of intricacies to football I don't know about so I don't know if I will be better than a bot picking.

If you want to run the risk of me drafting for you I will give it a try. I'll probably be more nervous drafting on your behalf than doing my own. If you want me to give it a try give me some pointers as to what/who you are looking for and when. Players, priorities, sleepers and when you and to take a flier on them. The bot won't be able to factor those in and I can try. Also any site that has hints and info would be helpful.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Packers_Finland  
#37 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 2:53:54 AM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,623
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 44

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
looks like I am first alt at this time. That is fine with me.

Fin, I have never played in an NFL fantasy league. I did MLB for about 10 years. There are lots of intricacies to football I don't know about so I don't know if I will be better than a bot picking.

If you want to run the risk of me drafting for you I will give it a try. I'll probably be more nervous drafting on your behalf than doing my own. If you want me to give it a try give me some pointers as to what/who you are looking for and when. Players, priorities, sleepers and when you and to take a flier on them. The bot won't be able to factor those in and I can try. Also any site that has hints and info would be helpful.


If you find the time to draft for me, it would be great.

I could even add you as co-owner of the fantasy team to ease things up a little.
This is a placeholder
Offline wpr  
#38 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:41:43 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,894
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland Go to Quoted Post
If you find the time to draft for me, it would be great.

I could even add you as co-owner of the fantasy team to ease things up a little.


I'll work for you boss. I don't need ownership credits. I would like to be able to come in and check the standings from time to time.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#39 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:34:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I'll work for you boss. I don't need ownership credits. I would like to be able to come in and check the standings from time to time.


wpr hasn't paid his PackersHome membership fees so some thought will have to occur before allowing him to ghost-draft for you.

Ooh, okay, I suppose.


You can see the standings without being a part of the league.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 8/26/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#40 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:01:02 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,894
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
wpr hasn't paid his PackersHome membership fees so some thought will have to occur before allowing him to ghost-draft for you.

Ooh, okay, I suppose.


You can see the standings without being a part of the league.


The cheque is in the mail. Maybe it ended up in London.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#41 Posted : Monday, September 3, 2012 6:24:34 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,894
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

Well that was faster than I expected it to go. I thought it would go more than 2 hours. A little hard for me to keep up. Especially when the draft came back up from the bottom. I didn't have much time to check over my notes. packer Finland made it a little easier by giving me a few instructions of who he was looking for in the draft and when.

I wish you all the best of luck but just a little more luck to Fin.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:09:08 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

I had planned on keeping my Monday open so I could pluck through players and formulate a list. Something more important came up.

If this league was a keeper league, I wouldn't keep a single player. Hopefully after a few weeks I can get some players I had hoped for! Tis will be a long season, but its how you finish that counts.

Lets go!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#43 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 7:13:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

I'm thinking for NEXT SEASON, this league is going to have some tweaks.

From 14 teams to 12 teams. Expand the rosters and allow return yards. I actually thought I did the return yards, but quick look at the scoring rules shows different.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline macbob  
#44 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 5:19:25 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,695
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 225

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I'm thinking for NEXT SEASON, this league is going to have some tweaks.

From 14 teams to 12 teams. Expand the rosters and allow return yards. I actually thought I did the return yards, but quick look at the scoring rules shows different.


You're the commish, and I don't feel strongly either way, but here's my quick thoughts:

Return yards would be good, but would need to weight them so they aren't overbearing. I was in a league that treated return yards like receiving/rushing yards, and it really skewed some of the player values.

14 to 12 & expand the rosters: One of the things I liked about the format last year was it provided opportunities to improve your team through the year by judicious waiver-wire moves. Reducing the number of teams but expanding the rosters would reduce that dynamic.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#45 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 5:35:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,225
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

I was thinking of expanding the rosters by 1 or 2 players tops. Nothing dramatic.

The return yards weren't added this year because I couldn't figure out a "fair" calculation to them.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.366 seconds.