Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages«<7891011>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#121 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 6:16:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,889
Applause Received: 2,087

Relating to the story I mentioned, the woman was offered a plea deal for a 3 year prison sentence and declined forcing the matter to go to trial. Looks like the children are going to be in care of an abusive husband who might turn his abuse to the children next.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#122 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 11:13:41 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
A woman in Florida was being strangled by her husband and she tried escaping. She ran to her car in the garage, but forgot her keys. She grabbed her gun and went back in the home to get them. The husband said he was going to kill her. Woman fired off the gun. She's now serving 20 years in prison. The woman claimed 'stand your ground' law as her defense and a judge in the case rejected the request, saying her decision to go back into the house was not consistent with someone in fear for her safety.

I mention this because if she can't use stand your ground, neither can George Zimmerman. As I've been trying to say, if he was in fear of his life, why did he leave his vehicle and pursue on foot?

Fair argument. I wasn't debating the letter of the law with you, though. I was debating something on how I FELT.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Porforis  
#123 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:33:53 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Looks like a doctor confirmed the day after that he had a broken nose, head laceration and other injuries. Not proof that Martin did it but still interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/...ing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#124 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:52:49 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Looks like a doctor confirmed the day after that he had a broken nose, head laceration and other injuries. Not proof that Martin did it but still interesting.

Then the question is posed ... are those defensive wounds on the kids knuckles?
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#125 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:28:52 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Autopsy: Drug THC found in Trayvon Martin's system

And yet another extremely small piece to an ever-developing puzzle, I'm sure we'll get a better idea as to if he was high when this went down once the urine test results are released (why is any of this public knowledge?).
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#126 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 5:24:54 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Video of Trayvon Martin at the 7-11 before he was shot and killed. Maybe I'm different, but I don't meander around in convenient stores after I've paid for my items.
http://www.cnn.com/video...n-surveillance-7-11.7-11
UserPostedImage
Offline Since69  
#127 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 6:07:14 AM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Video of Trayvon Martin at the 7-11 before he was shot and killed. Maybe I'm different, but I don't meander around in convenient stores after I've paid for my items.
http://www.cnn.com/video...n-surveillance-7-11.7-11

Couldn't have been him... the guy in that video was a grownup.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#128 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:19:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

http://www.cnn.com/2012/...ing/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"The detective also said Zimmerman's actions 'are inconsistent with those of a person who has stated he was in fear of another subject.'"

Even the detective agrees with me, but Formo ... not a chance! :P

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#129 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:01:35 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 649
Applause Received: 1,338

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/17/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Autopsy: Drug THC found in Trayvon Martin's system

And yet another extremely small piece to an ever-developing puzzle, I'm sure we'll get a better idea as to if he was high when this went down once the urine test results are released (why is any of this public knowledge?).

Back in the day when I had Vitamins T H and C in my system, the last thing I wanted to do was fight someone. Mothers herb does not make you violent, quite the contrary.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#130 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:15:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Back in the day when I had Vitamins T H and C in my system, the last thing I wanted to do was fight someone. Mothers herb does not make you violent, quite the contrary.

It does make you paranoid, and combined with some man stalking you ... probably increases that paranoia.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#131 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:39:23 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

http://www.cnn.com/2012/...ack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
The naked Florida man who chewed off the face of another man last month in a zombie-like cannibal attack used marijuana but not "bath salts" as police had suspected, authorities said Wednesday.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#132 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:31:53 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/27/us/florida-cannibal-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

It's fairly easy to find many exceptions to the norm. I was hoping for something more from you.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
doddpower on 7/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#133 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:41:16 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

It's fairly easy to find many exceptions to the norm. I was hoping for something more from you.

Apart from simply illustrating that yes, people can in fact be violent when on pot (I literally went straight to CNN's homepage after leaving this topic), my point was to highlight that one example of how pot affects someone does not constitute an effective argument that pot affects everyone or virtually everyone in the same way by presenting the extreme opposite of DakotaT's example.

Now, I would say that the clear majority of people are relaxed by pot usage and there's a lot more than just one person's experience to point to as far as evidence goes. However, I've seen a man that was a chimney pipe start screaming and smashing trash cans in the driveway with his bare fists when he ran out of pot and my former roomate go from chill to confrontational at the slightest bit of provocation. While my experiences are also not a basis for a sweeping generalization and in the first example this guy was obviously a massive addict and nowhere close to your standard pot user, virtually every drug, legal or otherwise affects different people differently. When said drug starts wearing off, the behavior changes as well. This was the only point I was trying to make, clearly I was not verbose but having gone straight from this topic to a big article on cnn's homepage amused me.

Wait, since when do you expect anything valuable from me? Face. Palm.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#134 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:54:09 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 649
Applause Received: 1,338

When you lace the joint with other shit - yeah you could wigged out. But cannabis makes people mellow. When the world slips you a jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.

http://www.google.com/ur...2=u_IviVUO6AhBZhBAYtjE8A

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#135 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:56:32 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Apparently I'm just not making any sense and the world is a giant, simple place where everyone's brain chemistry is the same except mine.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed