Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 23, 2012 3:42:40 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

New Orleans Police Officer Jason Giroir wrote:
Act like a Thug Die like one!

Insane.
http://www.wwltv.com/new...le-before-144316965.html

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-had-son-d-look-trayvon-144936867.html

President Barack Obama made a searingly personal plea on Friday for Americans to come together and do some "soul searching" after the shooting death of African-American Florida teenager Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watchman, noting: "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. And you know, I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and that we're get to the bottom of exactly what happened," Obama said in response to a shouted question in the White House Rose Garden.

Amid angry charges that race played a central role in the tragedy, Obama said "all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen—and that means that we examine the laws and the context for what happened as well as the specifics of the incident."

The U.S. Justice Department has announced that it's conducting its own investigation into whether Zimmerman, whose father is white and whose mother is from Peru, is guilty of a hate crime by targeting Martin, an African-American, on the basis of his race."I'm the head of the executive branch, and the attorney general reports to me so I've got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we're not impairing any investigation that's taking place right now," the president said.

"Obviously this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened," the president said.

Obama's comments came just days after his chief spokesman, Jay Carney, had deflected questions about the incident, telling reporters "we're not going to wade into a local law-enforcement matter."

Edited by moderator Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:44:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 11:09:27 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

The ONLY one that knows if race played any part is the guy that did the shooting.
I myself don't think it was anything with race, but i wouldn't be able to say for sure without very detailed info on the case and being able to talk directly to the shooter.

It's sad that everytime a black guy gets shot, "the race card" is automatically the first card played.

There are "racists" of all colors.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 5:41:49 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

To me.. It's sad how the reaction to this tragedy has caused a divide. People are using it for political posturing and making this about race.

The tragedy here is a kid was murdered and there was no arrest.

Look, I'm a huge proponent for gun ownership as most everyone here knows.. But it does my view on gun ownership no help when a fellow gun owner murders someone and does not even get arrested, much less tried by a jury of their peers. He already has the upper hand due to the self-defense law in Florida.

I'm aware I don't know all the facts.. but as a proponent for the Constitution.. One's right to live is a bit more important than one's right to fire a gun.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline gbguy20  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 6:38:23 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
The ONLY one that knows if race played any part is the guy that did the shooting.
I myself don't think it was anything with race, but i wouldn't be able to say for sure without very detailed info on the case and being able to talk directly to the shooter.

It's sad that everytime a black guy gets shot, "the race card" is automatically the first card played.

There are "racists" of all colors.

Do you think he would have reacted the same way if it was a white kid walking down the street in a hoodie?
call me Dan
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:42:10 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Do you think he would have reacted the same way if it was a white kid walking down the street in a hoodie?

Dude, get the facts first. The kid wasn't from the neighborhood and the shooter took things over the top.

I think he would have reacted the same way, judging by his story. Lets not forget that Zimmerman is a Hispanic, not Mr. 'White Power'

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:20:33 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Dude, get the facts first. The kid wasn't from the neighborhood and the shooter took things over the top.

I think he would have reacted the same way, judging by his story. Lets not forget that Zimmerman is a Hispanic, not Mr. 'White Power'

Dude, get the facts first. I never stated he was or was not from the neighborhood. You got me on the Hispanic part, hehe.
call me Dan
Offline Porforis  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:57:58 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

I wouldn't be bothered by this at all if Mister Obama didn't have an extensive history of highly selective public "outrage". Now I just feel like a politician is trying to benefit personally off of a tragedy.
UserPostedImage
Offline 4PackGirl  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:05:53 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 151
Applause Received: 123

i think obama along with any other political person who comments on this is an idiot. it is a local law enforcement issue - it is NOT a governmental issue!

i thought the kid was half a block away from his house?!? not that it matters. he had a damn bag of skittles, walking down the street, so yeah - let's stalk him even after law enforcement told you NOT to, then continue on following this young man, allowing yourself to escalate your insanity, & then shoot him. i don't care if the kid was miles from his damn home, nobody & i mean NOBODY had the right to shoot him for doing nothing wrong.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:28:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

And if they don't comment, they are insensitive assholes. Some of you need to shut the f*ck up about whining about EVERYTHING! More like DepressionHome.com holy f*ck!

How about we focus on the real issue here instead of being selfish idiots turning this into a political attack? A boy was KILLED wrongfully! What did he do to deserve such a fate? How does this relate to our society and stereo types? That's what we should focus on, not the f*ck face politicians.

WE ALL AGREE POLITICIANS ARE f*ckING SCUM, TWO FACED WEAK MINDED LOSERS.

I read an article that the boy was on his phone with his girlfriend and said something about being scared that someone was following him? If the boy was such a threat, why was he being followed? Maybe I misunderstood something.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 12:35:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 640
Applause Received: 1,319

If that were my son, there would be a dead hispanic man, and I would be a guest of the state of Florida until they executed me. Sounds to me like the man that shot the kid was afluent and he's bought his way out of this so far.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
4PackGirl on 3/25/2012(UTC)
Offline Since69  
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 3:50:05 PM(UTC)
Since69

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 81

Sounds to me like half the world is rushing to judgment before half the story has been told. I never, never take any news story at face value. Sensationalism sells.

The media has been playing the race card and portraying Zimmerman as a child-killing racist since minute #1. I'm not buying it. It may very well turn out that way, but I refuse to condemn anyone until I know all the facts, and it's not in CNN's best interest to report all the facts, so they won't. Why do you think the media keeps throwing up 5 year old pics of the kid? Because it evokes a response in people that sells.

Remember how most of us reacted when Donald Driver's father got "beaten up by the police" a few years ago?

Hey, if he's guilty, then I'll throw the switch myself. I just hate it when major media leads the world around by the nose.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Cheesey on 3/27/2012(UTC), dfosterf on 7/15/2013(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 5:55:14 PM(UTC)
Formo

Exactly. What Zimmerman did was wrong (the murder part), but don't paint the boy as innocent quite yet:

http://www.myfoxtampabay...acked-zimmerman-03232012

There are many factors that led to this travesty. The main one was Zimmerman's over-zealous Batman wannabe 'Neighborhood watch' act. An unknown person walking around with a hoodie up over his head is another factor (albeit a minor one). And even more of a minor factor was race. On their own, this wouldn't happen. But mix these up (with more of course) and we've got a volatile situation.
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 25, 2012 7:58:48 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 348

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Exactly. What Zimmerman did was wrong (the murder part), but don't paint the boy as innocent quite yet:

http://www.myfoxtampabay...acked-zimmerman-03232012

There are many factors that led to this travesty. The main one was Zimmerman's over-zealous Batman wannabe 'Neighborhood watch' act. An unknown person walking around with a hoodie up over his head is another factor (albeit a minor one). And even more of a minor factor was race. On their own, this wouldn't happen. But mix these up (with more of course) and we've got a volatile situation.

I must be misunderstanding your post. The hoodie isn't a problem. Neither is his race, but together then that's a volatile situation. That doesn't make Zimmerman look any better, in my assessment.

Maybe the kid attacked him. Maybe Zimmerman provoked him into attacking him. I don’t think we’ll never know. I do think Zimmerman should face a court of his peers. There hasn’t even been an arrest, so I find that troubling.
Offline Formo  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 3:10:16 PM(UTC)
Formo

Originally Posted by: porky88 Go to Quoted Post
I must be misunderstanding your post. The hoodie isn't a problem. Neither is his race, but together then that's a volatile situation. That doesn't make Zimmerman look any better, in my assessment.

Maybe the kid attacked him. Maybe Zimmerman provoked him into attacking him. I don’t think we’ll never know. I do think Zimmerman should face a court of his peers. There hasn’t even been an arrest, so I find that troubling.

No, the combination of the hoodie (which was apparently pulled over his head after he noticed Zimmerman following him), his not being a resident of the neighborhood, possibly his race, Zimmerman being an overzealous Batman wannabe combined made this a volatile situation.

It's sounding like both parties were a bit over zealous in their actions with Zimmerman pulling the trigger.

I agree, he should at the very minimum face charges.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 10:22:39 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

Originally Posted by: Since69 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds to me like half the world is rushing to judgment before half the story has been told. I never, never take any news story at face value. Sensationalism sells.

The media has been playing the race card and portraying Zimmerman as a child-killing racist since minute #1. I'm not buying it. It may very well turn out that way, but I refuse to condemn anyone until I know all the facts, and it's not in CNN's best interest to report all the facts, so they won't. Why do you think the media keeps throwing up 5 year old pics of the kid? Because it evokes a response in people that sells.

Remember how most of us reacted when Donald Driver's father got "beaten up by the police" a few years ago?

Hey, if he's guilty, then I'll throw the switch myself. I just hate it when major media leads the world around by the nose.

The voice of reason.
Yes, it's VERY sad that a kid died. But there were no charges, AFTER it was investigated.
I doubt that anyone here has all the facts, and are jumping to conclusions based on the little info we have.
I saw a bit on TV about this, and there in the front row was none other then Jesse Jackson. I was wondering how long it would take for him to jump on this.
Would he have been there if it was a white kid that was killed? (We all know THAT answer).
Anytime he and Sharpton show up, you KNOW why.
And as was stated, the guy who pulled the trigger was NOT white.
But that is not being pointed out much by the media. (I think it "ruins" the story for them).

If there was a crime committed by the shooter, and i was in the jury, i'd find him guilty. IF there was evidence he DID commit a crime.
I think there is just to much of a "rush to judgement" by some.
None of us were there, none of us have talked directly to the shooter. So what do we base our feelings of guilt/innocence on? A media that shows pictures os a smiling young boy, which of course pulls on the old heart strings. Heck, i have seen school photos of Jeff Dahmer.....who would have thought that innocent young face hid a monster?
No, i'm NOT saying the guy that was killed was a monster, i am just trying to prove a point that we were not involved in what actually happened that night. We only get a few snippets of info.

As i said, it WAS investigated, and the D.A. didn't charge. So does that mean the D.A. and all the cops down there are racists that don't care if a innocent kid was murdered? Or is it that they saw the facts, and the facts didn't add up to the charging of a crime?

It's sad when ANY kid gets killed. Whether it's a good kid, or a kid that has become a drug dealer or gang banger. It's ALWAYS sad, but not always a crime against whoever shot the gun.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed