Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 7:50:13 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,096

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
the speed of lack thereof over the past few weeks has been nearly unbearable. Today it is finally moving along at a decent clip. That is great Zero. It sure makes things more enjoyable.

I read this when you posted it and didn't think any thing of it. Today I've noticed the site seems more snappy than normal. I was expecting the page loads to be a bit sluggish the first days after the upgrade because when the cache is cleared out, it slows things down. I'm surprised you had problems.

I have noticed the site seems to load quicker on Chrome than FireFox, although sometimes I have to click links/buttons a second time to register.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 8:14:00 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,925
Applause Received: 1,416

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I read this when you posted it and didn't think any thing of it. Today I've noticed the site seems more snappy than normal. I was expecting the page loads to be a bit sluggish the first days after the upgrade because when the cache is cleared out, it slows things down. I'm surprised you had problems.

I have noticed the site seems to load quicker on Chrome than FireFox, although sometimes I have to click links/buttons a second time to register.

I would get 3-5 second hesitations when pages loaded. Links for photos and hyperlinks would hesitate. Since I log on from both home and office it wasn't simply my computer. Much more better today. Dancing
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 8:22:04 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I would get 3-5 second hesitations when pages loaded. Links for photos and hyperlinks would hesitate. Since I log on from both home and office it wasn't simply my computer. Much more better today. Dancing

I experienced that a lot in the "Moar Randomness" thread and I recommend you do not get me started on why that thread loads so slowly, lol. (hint: I hate hot linking videos an pics from other sites) :P
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 8:35:18 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

I experienced that a lot in the "Moar Randomness" thread and I recommend you do not get me started on why that thread loads so slowly, lol. (hint: I hate hot linking videos an pics from other sites) :P

I got the same hesitation on all threads.

Close the thread and we can start a new one.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 8:40:40 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I got the same hesitation on all threads.

Close the thread and we can start a new one.

If I did that, it would hurt Rourke's feelings. He's proud of that thread. I won't do that to him. Plus, it's all in one thread so I'm not gonna bitch more about it, lol.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 3/12/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 8:47:20 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

If I did that, it would hurt Rourke's feelings. He's proud of that thread. I won't do that to him. Plus, it's all in one thread so I'm not gonna bitch more about it, lol.

you're the doctor.

Line from Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House. If you did not recognize it.

UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#22 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 8:59:03 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

The past couple of days I have had ZERO "new thread" notifications in Chrome, but they abruptly reappeared today.

The responsiveness to links and buttons is just as bad as it has always been, though. Every couple of page views, I have to refresh in order to get buttons to work, and often the only thing that works is to close the tab and create a new one. That is one of the reasons I haven't posted as much lately. I'm tired of having to Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, refresh, Ctrl + V, hit Submit, and have to do the whole thing all over again.

I do think there is something to be said for confining all the hotlinking damage to one thread. And hey, that thread has over 18,000 views!

I also agree that page loads are much snappier today. The previous two days there were several times when the site wasn't loading at all.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:28:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel Go to Quoted Post
The past couple of days I have had ZERO "new thread" notifications in Chrome, but they abruptly reappeared today.

The responsiveness to links and buttons is just as bad as it has always been, though. Every couple of page views, I have to refresh in order to get buttons to work, and often the only thing that works is to close the tab and create a new one. That is one of the reasons I haven't posted as much lately. I'm tired of having to Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, refresh, Ctrl + V, hit Submit, and have to do the whole thing all over again.

I do think there is something to be said for confining all the hotlinking damage to one thread. And hey, that thread has over 18,000 views!

I also agree that page loads are much snappier today. The previous two days there were several times when the site wasn't loading at all.

I don't have to do with Chrome at all. I just click the button again it works. Your experience does illustrate one of frustration for sure.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#24 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 9:51:40 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

I don't have to do with Chrome at all. I just click the button again it works. Your experience does illustrate one of frustration for sure.

FWIW I use firefox.

UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#25 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:49:40 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Are you on a PC or Mac though? I wonder if it is a problem specific to Mac Chrome?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#26 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:01:55 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Are you on a PC or Mac though? I wonder if it is a problem specific to Mac Chrome?

PC.

UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#27 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:04:04 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Heh, thanks. The question was for Kevin, but good to know.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:08:05 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Heh, thanks. The question was for Kevin, but good to know.

I know it was. Since you were both using Chrome. I was just adding to the mix. And being a smart ass at the same time. Whistle

UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#29 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:12:07 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

You know what they call a smartass in Germany? A Klugscheißer. Literally, a "clever sh*tter." Dancing
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#30 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 11:32:10 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

@work 64bit Windows 7 (Chrome)
@home 64bit Windows 7 (FireFox)

UserPostedImage