Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:50:36 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 220

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
He was solid. McCarthy even touched on it in his PC yesterday.
Quote:
(How much catching up does Wynn have to do, or is he in good shape from being on the practice squad?)
DeShawn Wynn was moved up on Saturday afternoon and ended up playing in the game on Sunday. I think if you just look at the touchdown play, the blitz pickup that he had in the game, I think that there is a great example of someone that has been here but that's taken advantage of his reps.

Check out the TD play to Jennings. (at 1:33)
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b9672a

Watching this I will say one thing I saw on the fumble by Rodgers. Wynn chipped and rolled out to the right and Rodgers was going there but tucked it and ended up fumbling.

If you replay it you see Rodgers was going to Wynn but DeShawn hadn't turned around yet causing Rodgers to pull it back. I wondered about that when watching the game because I saw Wynn out there open and for a second it looked like Rodgers was going to get him the ball.

This is not so much of a negative shot at Wynn in that with more PT he will get better at the little things that can make a play successful or blow up in your face. I like him in that he may do all three things run, block, catch, better as a total package than any RB we have.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline WhiskeySam  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:26:25 PM(UTC)
WhiskeySam

Applause Received: 1

The big question with Wynn is can he stay healthy?
Nemo me impune lacessit
Offline gbpfan  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:47:54 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

that is a good point his health issue hope he does rotation can help
blank
Offline earthquake  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 1:10:46 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 61

I would say the unsung hero of the game was LOW PENALTIES. Only 5 for 45 yards, seems like this was the only game so far that they had less than 10 penalties.
blank
Offline evad04  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:56:08 PM(UTC)
evad04

Applause Given: 76
Applause Received: 139

He was solid. McCarthy even touched on it in his PC yesterday.
Quote:
(How much catching up does Wynn have to do, or is he in good shape from being on the practice squad?)
DeShawn Wynn was moved up on Saturday afternoon and ended up playing in the game on Sunday. I think if you just look at the touchdown play, the blitz pickup that he had in the game, I think that there is a great example of someone that has been here but that's taken advantage of his reps.

Check out the TD play to Jennings. (at 1:33)
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b9672a

Watching this I will say one thing I saw on the fumble by Rodgers. Wynn chipped and rolled out to the right and Rodgers was going there but tucked it and ended up fumbling.

If you replay it you see Rodgers was going to Wynn but DeShawn hadn't turned around yet causing Rodgers to pull it back. I wondered about that when watching the game because I saw Wynn out there open and for a second it looked like Rodgers was going to get him the ball.

This is not so much of a negative shot at Wynn in that with more PT he will get better at the little things that can make a play successful or blow up in your face. I like him in that he may do all three things run, block, catch, better as a total package than any RB we have.

Nice point. I was yelling at the TV on that fumble. I didn't know why Rodgers hadn't thrown it to Wynn in the flats. If it's as you say -- that he hadn't turned around yet -- it makes sense.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.

"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Rss Feed