4PackGirl
13 years ago
wow twinkie - be careful what/how you say things??
really?
you're telling ME this??
comical.
13 years ago

Bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

"pack93z" wrote:

i'm neither. i treat nobody with hatred or intolerance nor am i obstinately or intolerantly devoted to my own opinions or prejudices. i've illustrated the difference between "believing" and "not believing" earlier with the video debate regarding atheism as fundamentalism (the audience decided, after the debate, that atheism was not the same as fundamentalism). there's a pretty incredible divide between "being open to change my opinion at all times and thinking somebody who isn't similarly open and regards everybody but their followers in close-minded belief is a little cuckoo" and "somebody who fervently hates somebody for unjustifiable prejudices".

wow twinkie - be careful what/how you say things??
really?
you're telling ME this??
comical.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

comical because you thought you were exempt from criticism of the sort? i feel i've been pretty calm throughout this entire discussion without purposefully patronizing anybody, but please point out how or where i haven't. i'm always trying to improve myself and become a better person. when i read what you wrote to one of my band-mates (it was relevant to a previous discussion we'd recently been having) he was fuming with indignation at what you wrote. i think i've been fairly moderate and pragmatic given some of the things which have been written here, or posted directly toward me.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

4PackGirl
13 years ago
huh? one of your band mates? who might that be? i seriously don't know what you're talking about & if i offended someone, i would like to apologize to them personally. that's what adults do. if he/she had an issue with me, a simple private message would have probably lended itself to further discussion on both sides & a calm solution.

and no i don't think I'M above reproach at all. i was actually referring to the way you attacked tripp. i thought that was obvious. sorry.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Well I think you're full of shit and I like pie, so what's up now?
UserPostedImage
13 years ago

huh? one of your band mates? who might that be? i seriously don't know what you're talking about & if i offended someone, i would like to apologize to them personally. that's what adults do. if he/she had an issue with me, a simple private message would have probably lended itself to further discussion on both sides & a calm solution.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

what? no. i read your post out loud to my bandmate before practice yesterday, because he and i had previously had a relevant discussion. after i read what you wrote he got angry because he couldn't believe the nerve somebody would have to say "i feel sorry for you" amongst other things. i brought this up as an example of contrasting the way i feel i've reacted to posts here which i disagree with in comparison.

i was actually referring to the way you attacked tripp.

i apologize if i don't remember attacking tripp...but...i attacked tripp? i'm sorry, where did i attack tripp?

bozz_2006 wrote:

zombieslayer
13 years ago

So let me get this straight: We are supposed to react to an attack that occurred nigh on a decade ago by treating our own citizens with disrespect? I will never accept such a notion. It is impossible to be both fully free and completely safe. The feeling of safety is nothing more than an illusion anyway. I will cheerfully trade a little of that illusion of safety for the right to live as I see fit.

Don't get me wrong. I love America and I am happy to live here. But I love my wife and girlfriends too, and I'm not afraid to call them out when they're full of shit. I'm definitely not afraid to call my country out when she's full of shit too.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1. Good to see someone gets it.

Don't treat me like a criminal in my own country. Period.

If someone goes nuts in a plane, it is EVERYONE'S responsibility to take him down. 9/11 should have never happened. It happened because people were afraid of dying. Being afraid of dying, guess what? They died anyways.

In a terrorist situation, accept you're dead anyways. Just accept it. Then do what needs to be done to take out the mother fucker with you.

The TSA should be abolished. I'd rather have my tax money spent elsewhere, like paying down the deficit. I feel more unease with the TSA retards then before the TSA existed.

I don't want to be touched or fondled. Period. I don't like being touched by strangers.

If the rest of you are content being touched and fondled by strangers to FEEL safer, then I seriously wonder where our country is headed.

Remember what Ben Franklin said about trading Freedom for security. Bad move.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
4PackGirl
13 years ago
ok - wow i was confused. i thought you meant it was someone on the site that i offended. gotcha now.

i said it from a good place, twinkie. i didn't mean say it to piss you off (or your band-mate). maybe that's hard to believe but i really didn't. you were stating how you felt & i was trying to explain how i felt. i'm not some bible beater here, i do NOT attend church regularly cuz i do NOT care for hypocritical people who tend to 'run' churches, i have a personal relationship with God. it's something i wish everyone could have because it means alot to me.

i'm not saying i'm right & you're wrong. we just have two different approaches to life.
13 years ago

i said it from a good place, twinkie. i didn't mean say it to piss you off (or your band-mate). maybe that's hard to believe but i really didn't.
i'm not saying i'm right & you're wrong. we just have two different approaches to life.

"4PackGirl" wrote:

it's not hard to believe at all, which is why i addressed you with what i thought was respect, saying (and i paraphrase myself)"i think i get where you're coming from but you might want to re-think the use of a phrase like that" in my post to you this morning. just as when i was addressing Tripp, what gets me about phrases spoken in public about very specific or touchy subjects--you never know exactly what your audiences' feelings, ideals, or sensitivity is. sure, i've been guilty of it myself and the internet is an easy thing to hide behind.

if what i wrote offended or upset you, i apologize. maybe read it again knowing that i was not attempting to upset you and we'll have a better understanding of each other.

bozz_2006 wrote:

zombieslayer
13 years ago

Americans since 9/11 have made Osama bin Laden look like a genius.

"Wade" wrote:

Wade - agreed, especially on this point.

Osama bin Laden wins. America heads even closer towards police state status. After all, that's what they want. bin Laden got what he wanted.

To the American people - nice going, dumbasses.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

So let me get this straight: We are supposed to react to an attack that occurred nigh on a decade ago by treating our own citizens with disrespect? I will never accept such a notion. It is impossible to be both fully free and completely safe. The feeling of safety is nothing more than an illusion anyway. I will cheerfully trade a little of that illusion of safety for the right to live as I see fit.

Don't get me wrong. I love America and I am happy to live here. But I love my wife and girlfriends too, and I'm not afraid to call them out when they're full of shit. I'm definitely not afraid to call my country out when she's full of shit too.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

+1. Good to see someone gets it.

Don't treat me like a criminal in my own country. Period.

If someone goes nuts in a plane, it is EVERYONE'S responsibility to take him down. 9/11 should have never happened. It happened because people were afraid of dying. Being afraid of dying, guess what? They died anyways.

In a terrorist situation, accept you're dead anyways. Just accept it. Then do what needs to be done to take out the mother fucker with you.

The TSA should be abolished. I'd rather have my tax money spent elsewhere, like paying down the deficit. I feel more unease with the TSA retards then before the TSA existed.

I don't want to be touched or fondled. Period. I don't like being touched by strangers.

If the rest of you are content being touched and fondled by strangers to FEEL safer, then I seriously wonder where our country is headed.

Remember what Ben Franklin said about trading Freedom for security. Bad move.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I don't mind the check in security stuff all that much. I've been to quite a few airports in the last year and they've been smooth other than my ignorance of where to go.

I think they should lock off the cabin where the pilots are to the point they are inaccessible by anyone until the plane is say 20 feet from the ground. Make this widely known to everyone repeatedly.

I'd be fine with abolishing the whole check in system and allow me to have a knife or maybe a little handheld .22 or something, lol.

If passengers on the plane, myself included are killed ... I'd rather that then the plane being used as a weapon to kill thousands.

If I had a choice, I'd choose to die while trying to survive than die while hiding.

I admire those who took down the plane on 9/11 in PA. They were able to do something about the trajectory of those planes because they were messaged what happened to the other planes.

Who's to say those on the planes that struck the towers were even aware of what was going on? The terrorists could have forced their way into the cockpit, took control and steered into the buildings without the passengers really knowing what was going on before it was too late.

So, I can't strongly assume the passengers on those planes knew what was going on because they were the first planes to be used as weapons.
UserPostedImage