LambeauEast
14 years ago
I'm very glad he will be our QB for years to come. The future is bright for the Packers!
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

300 yards today seems a lot easier than 300 yards just ten years ago.

"porky88" wrote:

It is. Rodgers throws far fewer interceptions than his predecessor did at this stage in his career. In his first two seasons, Rodgers has thrown 20 interceptions to Favre's 37.

Of course, the major counterargument is that both Rodgers and Favre have thrown very few interceptions this year.

Still, the Packers had 18 victories and a playoff appearance in Favre's first two years compared to 16 (possibly 17) victories and a playoff appearance in Rodgers' two years. I am content.
UserPostedImage
tonyagnese
14 years ago
We are very lucky to have a QB of Rodgers caliber replacing Favre. It's not too often you get 2 HOF caliber QB's in a row like that..
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
If the Packers notch a first-round playoff victory this year, Rodgers will have accomplished everything his predecessor did his first two seasons -- and much, much more -- and I will have no hesitance or shame about questioning the fanhood of people who still carp. I don't think I will even if they do lose in the first round.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

Also if Donald Driver gets his 4 yards it will be the first time in NFL history a team has had a 4k+passer, 1200+ rusher, and 2 1k+ receivers for 2 years in a row. Not a bad start under Rodgers.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

I agree. Rodgers has an awesome supporting cast. RB's breaking off 60 yard runs left and right and receivers who take 10 yard slants 80 yards to the house every other play it seems. I agree with you 100%
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Ryan Grant is averaging 73.1 yards per game. I don't think he's breaking 60-yard runs left and right.
UserPostedImage
Gravedigga
14 years ago

300 yards today seems a lot easier than 300 yards just ten years ago.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

It is. Rodgers throws far fewer interceptions than his predecessor did at this stage in his career. In his first two seasons, Rodgers has thrown 20 interceptions to Favre's 37.

Of course, the major counterargument is that both Rodgers and Favre have thrown very few interceptions this year.

Still, the Packers had 18 victories and a playoff appearance in Favre's first two years compared to 16 (possibly 17) victories and a playoff appearance in Rodgers' two years. I am content.

"porky88" wrote:

It's called rules changes. More protecting of the QB but more importantly, the illegal contact and pass interference rules have made it easy for any decent qb to put up good numbers.

Take a look at the QB's in the league today and take a look at the qb's in the league in 1992, 1993 or 1994. I'd say there is NO QUESTION that the qb's were better back then but look at their numbers vs the numbers of the qb's today. Todays numbers are better by far. Completion percentages are higher because the contact rules allow guys to get open (10 yards or less) much easier. Makes defenses have to change their schemes which allow wide open offenses to practically score at will. Soon, it's gonna be like the arena league where the average score is 50 - 48.

Look at Wes Welker and how easy he gets open. He gets like 10 catches per game. Sure he's good but when you cant touch him, he's awesome.
People want to say Randy Moss is better than Jerry Rice. Bull Fkn S***. I'd love to see Moss play in the 80's or early 90's when Rice was practically dragging guys on his back down the field to get open. If only rice played in these times, he may get 20 TD's and 1800 receiving yards every single season.

Even with all those great qb's back in the day, it was a huge deal to throw 30 TD's or get over 60% completion percentage. A qb rating that reached 90 was awesome and anyone who approached 100 was the king of kings. There are 14 guys who can hit the 90's this year and 8 - 10 of them can hit 100 with a good final game. 19 guys are over 60% completions this year. 9 guys have a shot to get 30 td's this year.

For 1992 and 1993, the high for TD's was 25 and 33 respectively. 1992, 2 guys were at 90 or higher for qb rating(Steve Young 107 and Chris Miller 90.7) and in 1993, there were 3 guys, Young at 101.5, Aikman at 99 and Elway at 93. 1992 saw 7 guys over 60% and 2 of them were under 61%. 1993 saw 13 guys over 60% and only 4 of those were over 62%(one of the 4 was Rodney Pete who had 6td's and 14 int's and a 66 qb rating).

I want one of you, just one of you who have been watching football since the 80's to tell me that the players today are better, smarter, etc. It's all about the evolution of the offensive coordinators and the illegal contact rules.
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
Stevetarded
14 years ago

Also if Donald Driver gets his 4 yards it will be the first time in NFL history a team has had a 4k+passer, 1200+ rusher, and 2 1k+ receivers for 2 years in a row. Not a bad start under Rodgers.

"Gravedigga" wrote:

I agree. Rodgers has an awesome supporting cast. RB's breaking off 60 yard runs left and right and receivers who take 10 yard slants 80 yards to the house every other play it seems. I agree with you 100%

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Rodgers gets less % of his total yards from YAC than most other QBs in the NFL. Nice try though.
blank
Gravedigga
14 years ago

"Stevetarded" wrote:

"Gravedigga" wrote:

Rodgers gets less % of his total yards from YAC than most other QBs in the NFL. Nice try though.

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Maybe it just seems like it. Every time i look up, Jennings is taking a 10 yard pass to the house. Can you show me where you got these statistics from?
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago

I didnt realize he put up those stats, it just seemed like he has been off. I remember watching games when he was missing wide open guys and throwing alot high because hes throwing off the back foot. People were bitching also in chat. So i will take that back, like i said i just remember people bitching alot and he still holds the ball to long. The defense and running game has been over shadowing him then.

"dhazer" wrote:

LEAVE DHAZER ALONE!!!!!! :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

See the problem D has is that he reads the gameday live chat posts, if things aren't going The Packers way, a person would think that The Pack had no running game, no o-line, The DC doesn't know what he's doing, The receivers drop everything thrown at them, and the QB is either not letting go of the ball quick enough or when he does it is off target.

I can see why dhazer was a little confused with AR's performances, AR, like the rest of the team absolutely sucks most of the time, if you are reading the live chat.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.