DakotaT
14 years ago

I just want to point out that Grant has 1 fumble as well off a pass and technically his fumble to reception ratio is high than AP's because he has caught fewer passes.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Wow ...
Adrian 42 catches, one fumble lost
Ryan 25 catches, one fumble lost

We don't throw to Ryan much at all, as evident from the stats posted here. Talk about grasping for straws to knock a dude, dang.

Tough crowd ... TOUGH.

and he doesn't break the long ones ... nice timing on that comment after he's busted two for 50+ in the last three games ;)

"wpr" wrote:

Hey, just cause you have man love for the guy doesn't mean we are all joining you. The guy wears a Viking jersey for Christ sakes. I've always said he has awesome skills, I've just been pointing out the negative, where most people are blinded.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago

Well, HUGE thing that needs to be said - AP's fumble last night cost the Vikings that game. Favre did some serious magic if you watched the game. (Yeah, I knew he got away with a real bad INT that the defender dropped, but he got lucky. I'm just sayin'.)

So there they were down something like 23-7 and Favre has them tied 30-30. AP fumbles in their own territory in OT and there goes the game.

Now Ryan Grant. Count his fumbles this year. A big, fat ZERO.

So a note to Ryan Grant from me - my sincerest apologies for doubting you earlier in the year. You have been consistent and you hold on to the ball. I have taken you for granted. I won't do that any more. Thanks Ryan Grant.

Love,

The Zombieslayer.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

yeah...i kinda have to agree with this. while Peterson is certainly a fancier back, i think "holding onto the ball" should factor into the discussion of "talent". while he is likely a better back by most standards, their stats aren't that different and i'm never really scared when Grant has the ball (mostly head-slap frustration when he runs into his own linemen like it's a party and he feels left out).

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

DakotaT
14 years ago

Ahman Green > Adrian Peterson

"El3ment12" wrote:

I think you meant Ahman Green in his prime > Peterson now; which I totally concur. Favre and Green should have placed more hardware in the trophy box.
UserPostedImage
Silentio
14 years ago
Peterson is obviously a more gifted runner, but this just goes to show Grant can get the job done. Pretty it ain't, but I'll take it.
blank
Pack93z
14 years ago
If the Packers coupled a scat back with some elusiveness along with Jackson and Grant.. the Packers would have as dynamic tandem of backs as any team in the NFL.. what we lack is a Spiller type of back.. someone that is explosive in space.

But before we start thinking AP isn't a hell of a back.. he lacks one important factor that is limiting him from becoming one of the best ever.. football intelligence upon the field. Until he learns sometimes ball security is more important than one more yard.. he will be limited. There are times that you fight like hell for every inch you can get.. and there are situations where it doesn't matter as much.

And I think his immaturity right now is preventing him from taking that next step and picking his spots to lower his shoulder.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Ahman Green > Adrian Peterson

"DakotaT" wrote:

I think you meant Ahman Green in his prime > Peterson now; which I totally concur. Favre and Green should have placed more hardware in the trophy box.

"El3ment12" wrote:

Still need a D to win the big one. We didn't have a top 10 D except for 2001. Green's best years were 2000-2004. Here's our D rankings:
2000 - 14
2001 - 5
2002 - 12
2003 - 11
2004 - 23

Now here are the rankings of the SB winners those same years:
2000  Ravens    1
2001  Patriots  6
2002  Bucs      1
2003  Patriots  1
2004  Patriots  2

So realistically, you really need a top 10 D to win the SB. Favre and Green were gold, no argument there. We just needed a top 10 D.

Now in 2009, it's Aaron and Grant. Our D is #9. Maybe this is our year? :downtown:
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Tezzy
14 years ago
Another fun stat that compares more the overall running game, but obvioulsy since Grant and AP get majority of the carries, I'll draw it as a comparison between the two backs. One stat I'm more interested in always is negative plays. I could care less if the average is 4.4, or 5.1, or 3.9. I don't want us losing ground when we run, ever.

So looking at the NFC playoff teams I ran the percentage of run plays that result in negative yards. Here's how we stack up against our potential playoff foes.

Queens - 46 of 435 attempts - 10.6%
Cowgirls - 38 of 404 attempts - 9.4%
Cards - 30 of 351 attempts - 8.5%
Pack - 32 of 404 attempts - 7.9%
Eagles - 29 of 374 attempts - 7.8%
Saints - 34 of 436 attempts - 7.8%

I know everyone likes to put a microscope on each run of Grants and thumbs up or down if he should have made a Madden move to try and get somewhere, but if he did try those things I guess that the negative plays count would be a lot higher. For me a negative yardage rush is just as bad as a sack. Interesting stat I thought, debate.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Favre and Green were gold, no argument there.

"ZombieSlayer" wrote:

Very nice.

I don't think that this is the year, but if this is what we can do in the first year of the 3-4, just imagine what we can do a year from now. The only guys who the window is closing on in defense are our cornerbacks. A strength, yes, but defenses are build from the front 7. Our is really young and really good. One OLB, my friend, one OLB....

As to Grant, I'm glad that he got some sort of recognition in the league this year by being voted in as an alternate. One has to wonder how often he's going to get snubbed as he appears to get better when the season gets along. Same goes for the game. He's just a hard worker. The man has some great conditioning.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (13h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (20h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.