toronto_cheesehead
14 years ago

If/when we play the vikings again (or saints) they will attack us here.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

Quite true. We've been lucky so far, since we haven't played a team that has depth at receiver. In the playoffs, who hear actually thinks Bush could hold up against the Saints, Vikes, or Cardinals third wideout.
blank
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago

No, he is not learning on the run he has been with the team since Favre's worthless game against the Cowboys (what 3 years ago? same game Rodgers came in for us) and he was just as "solid" then.

He has not improved at all. Seriously solid coverage? Solid game? The guy he was supposively covering had 8 catches EIGHT CATCHES!! Going into that game this Bears player had 6 catches in his career!!!

Stop sticking up for this kid if any of us posted numbers like his at our jobs we would be fired. And you say we have to deal with him this year?!?!? Why? Put in Bell or Underwood, they can't do any worse.
Bush is lost out there. Sticking up for him does no good for anyone.

"coltonja" wrote:

Get a clue, Jarret Bush has been on the roster for 3 years primarily because the coaches like his ability on special teams.

Do you really think up until a few weeks ago when all the injuries hit that he actually practiced with the #1 defense to get ready for a game as the nickel back?

Up until 3 weeks ago Jarret Bush was AN EMERGENCY DB who played on special teams.

Now he is the guy, and yea I will continue to stick up for him.
The reason, I said it before, obviously the coaches feel he is THE BEST OPTION THEY HAVE.

You may think you no more than the coaches, I on the other hand have to believe the coaches know a hell of a lot more than I do about who should or should not be playing.

Look this is a really bad time for any player to be thrust into the spotlight, of course any team in their right mind is going to go after Bush, he is the least talented guy out there, that doesn't mean he is not doing his job.

It's December, there aren't any options better sitting on the bench or sitting at home waiting for a phone call that I know of, hell maybe Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy will find someone, until then Jarret Bush is the guy and let's hope as he gets more playing time he will not get beaten as much.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
How much coverage skills do people expect for our #8 CB. Isn't that where he was originally on the Depth??
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
coltonja
14 years ago

Get a clue, Jarret Bush has been on the roster for 3 years primarily because the coaches like his ability on special teams.

Do you really think up until a few weeks ago when all the injuries hit that he actually practiced with the #1 defense to get ready for a game as the nickel back?

Up until 3 weeks ago Jarret Bush was AN EMERGENCY DB who played on special teams.

You may think you no more than the coaches, I on the other hand have to believe the coaches know a hell of a lot more than I do about who should or should not be playing.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Did you not read what I just said? We used him three years ago in coverage!! Don't get all condescending on me saying it's his first time playing with our #1 D. He has been in coverage for three years and was used before the injuies as wll.

And I don't think I know more than coaches so that was an ignorant statement.

I can't stand how people think he has only been playing for three weeks. He has been playing in coverage for so much longer than that, and if you want to count his first display of his talent go watch that Cowboy game three years ago.

I don't care if he is our only option he is killing us, and what has he done on special teams? Get penalties every game?
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
14 years ago
I thought he had a decent game Sunday, but I wasn't exactly analyzing his play. I remember him having tight coverage and getting a hand in very well on a pass, but the WR did a great job to hold on. Plus he made a key tackle deep later in the game on ST. I think I saw him deliver a big hit at one point too.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago

Every team throws at whoever Bush is covering! AAAHHHHH!!!! Maybe he can kick field goals.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

Bush SUCKED last year - and we paid him decent money to stay; now we got him doing corner? ...

Ill take one of our crap rookies then have bush on the field again - giving us mega penalties ... I havnt even seen the game yet.
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
LOL..there it is...BUSH sucked last year...so he obviously is going to suck this year.

Do you know the difference in preparing for a game week in and week out knowing you are going to be playing a certain position compared to just preparing to play somewhere if the need?

Throw in one of the rookies...I think we did that a few years back, remember a couple of guys named Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas.

They were thrown out into the starting rotation way before they were ready and were eaten alive.

Hell Thomas was never heard from again after The Packers released him, Carrol is still hanging around but never played up to his potentioal. Maybe they both just were'nt good enough, but putting them on the field when everyone knew they weren't good enough didin't do them any favors.

I'll say it again, right now at this point in the season Jarret Bush is the best option The Packers have, deal with it, support the guy, like it or not, maybe just maybe he is one of those guys who gets better when he gets actual playing time week after week.
Guess we are going to find out.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Dulak
14 years ago

LOL..there it is...BUSH sucked last year...so he obviously is going to suck this year.

Do you know the difference in preparing for a game week in and week out knowing you are going to be playing a certain position compared to just preparing to play somewhere if the need?

Throw in one of the rookies...I think we did that a few years back, remember a couple of guys named Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas.

They were thrown out into the starting rotation way before they were ready and were eaten alive.

Hell Thomas was never heard from again after The Packers released him, Carrol is still hanging around but never played up to his potentioal. Maybe they both just were'nt good enough, but putting them on the field when everyone knew they weren't good enough didin't do them any favors.

I'll say it again, right now at this point in the season Jarret Bush is the best option The Packers have, deal with it, support the guy, like it or not, maybe just maybe he is one of those guys who gets better when he gets actual playing time week after week.
Guess we are going to find out.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

buckeye,

you are probably right ... I just dont like bush on our team and wish we didnt re-sign him.

damn - wish al harris didnt get injured. <<< my favorite packer
djcubez
14 years ago

I do believe if you break down the game today that you will find Woodson was beaten more than Bush.

But since there is such hate for Bush on this forum he is the one that gets called out.

IMHO Bush played a solid game, nobody is going to play perfect, Bush was forced into the nickel role and is learning on the run.

Like it or not, he is the man the coaches have chosen to play. The quicker some of you realize this IS A TEAM GAME and everyone is going to make mistakes, the quicker you will learn to appreciate just what The Packers as a team did today.

They went on the road, to their biggest rival, didn't play their best game and still came out with a win.

WIN/LOSS RECORD IS THE ONLY STAT THAT MATTERS at the end of the regular season.

Jarret Bush had just as much to do with this win as anybody else on the team.

Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and DC make the decisions to keep or get rid of players, if you trust their decision making then Jarret Bush is the best they have on the roster to play ther nickel. If there is a better option, I am sure they would go with it.

Every guy on the field is out there doing his best to get the win for the team.

You all can hate on Bush all you want it isn't going to change things.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

+1. Nothing more to say.
warhawk
14 years ago
This is the kind of thing I was talking about last week when I mentioned that we follow this team so closely we forget other teams have the same type of problems.
How many teams DON'T have DB's out and have to rely on guys no better and in some cases worse than Bush. I watch the Sunday night game and see WR's running wide open all over the place and at least Philly is supposed to be a good D. And by the way, didn't we let go of the kid stuck at S for NY, and he got torched all night.

Bush is still learning to be a starter but at least he's hanging in there. One thing I see is when the QB let's one go, whether it's down the sidelines or down the middler, the defenders are there. They prevent most deep balls and if a reception is made (see Chicago TE) they get put on their butt.

Geez. Sometimes it would be nice to hear your happy with what we have. After all, we lose two All-Pro players on D and really nothing drops off in points or yards or how the D has continued to improve.

And yes they will go after Bush because he's the guy teams should go after BUT it's no different than who Rodgers will be going after on the other side of the ball and you can bet this late in the year there will be some weakness over there too.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
buckeyepackfan (11h) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (11h) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (14h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (15h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (18h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (19h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Random Babble / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.