Pack93z
14 years ago
When my wife moved up from Texas.. she didn't believe me that folks ice fished.. I took her out one day.. 15 minutes into the experience she was done with it.. a your a nut job and wanted to head in.. lol.

On the lake here.. they build a village on the water.. she gets a kick out of it every time.. lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
When I was like five months old, my mom took me to an ice fishing contest. I won a savings bond for "youngest participant."

I'm convinced that if I had the brain cells killed that day I coulda been really smart.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
warhawk
14 years ago

Well I have a little secret for you. Mike McCarthy isn't going anywhere so get used to it.
The defense you talked about was his call in the first place, which by the way, took large nads in that HC's in the NFL don't have long leashes and that was a huge gamble on his part.

Then, you talk about the offense like it's nothing and McCarthy has put up a top 10 offense every year he's been here and that's with a team that has gone through SERIOUS flux. This team has transitioned QB's, FB's, HB's, and probably seen 30 different OL combinations since he's been here. All that fielding the youngest team in the league.

Should McCarthy see no credit for how well Rodgers has come out and taken over? Mac's been with this guy from day one.

I got more news for you too. He hasn't made any significant changes in the 0's scheme's either. The 0line has just started blocking the way they are supposed to. I still want to see any proof that we don't throw the ball downfield just as much as we were earlier in the year. The only difference is now the line is blocking so some here want to think that's because we don't go downfield anymore which is just a croc.

We're 8-4 and you want the HC fired? That's beautiful. Somebody can start a poll to see how many SECONDS it would take for some other team to snap him up. 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, or 60 seconds. By the next mornings newspaper the guys gone.

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

I'll make a deal with you. If they win the Super Bowl this year despite the same mistakes every week, I'll stop harping on him. But if those continual mistakes cost us a playoff game, I don't want to hear a word out of you.

"warhawk" wrote:

Well, I guess then we will just need to have another poll to see how many people think I shouldn't have a word here if we happen to lose a playoff game. At least I'm not negative 90% of the time and have a hidden agenda with the HC with targets that move all over the place.

After last year it was FIRE HIM we had a losing season.

Then earlier this year it was FIRE HIM he can't even put up a line that can block.

Hell, five weeks ago there were people saying fire CAPERS for crying out loud

Now it's FIRE HIM even if we MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BUT lose making the same mistakes we've made in the past. Finally, now, it's an admission that you will stop harping only if we win the SB.

So whats next? Sometimes I think I'm replying to Bobble Heads with a spring for a neck and your heads just bouncing all over the place while you hit the keys attempting to make some sense about you.

You know I've said this so many times but I guess it just has to be brought up again. We watch EVERY SINGLE PLAY the Packers run. We do not watch ALL the other teams play with anywhere near the scrutiny we give this team.
All TEAMS have an identity. Part good and part bad. All teams evolve over the course of a season to what they are now. Part good and part bad. The best teams have more good parts than bad BUT they have their bad parts that they continuously have to work on.

But of course we should FIRE the HC because he hasn't fixed the bad parts REGARDLESS of the fact our RECORD shows we have far more good parts than bad. We should all also ignore that the team continues to improve. The defense is RIGHT where we could hope it to be right now and the 0line is FAR better but the COACH needs to go because of these messy things he just can't seem to fix.

Bobble on.
"The train is leaving the station."
DakotaT
14 years ago

When my wife moved up from Texas.. she didn't believe me that folks ice fished.. I took her out one day.. 15 minutes into the experience she was done with it.. a your a nut job and wanted to head in.. lol.

On the lake here.. they build a village on the water.. she gets a kick out of it every time.. lol.

"pack93z" wrote:

And those same women can spend entire weekends cutting out pictures and glue them in a fancy book.

And Wade, you mustn't know the finer details to ice fishing: beer, cigars, and pinnochle.
UserPostedImage
WhiskeySam
14 years ago

Well, I guess then we will just need to have another poll to see how many people think I shouldn't have a word here if we happen to lose a playoff game. At least I'm not negative 90% of the time and have a hidden agenda with the HC with targets that move all over the place.

Then earlier this year it was FIRE HIM he can't even put up a line that can block.

Now it's FIRE HIM even if we MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BUT lose making the same mistakes we've made in the past. Finally, now, it's an admission that you will stop harping only if we win the SB.

So whats next? Sometimes I think I'm replying to Bobble Heads with a spring for a neck and your heads just bouncing all over the place while you hit the keys attempting to make some sense about you.

You know I've said this so many times but I guess it just has to be brought up again. We watch EVERY SINGLE PLAY the Packers run. We do not watch ALL the other teams play with anywhere near the scrutiny we give this team.
All TEAMS have an identity. Part good and part bad. All teams evolve over the course of a season to what they are now. Part good and part bad. The best teams have more good parts than bad BUT they have their bad parts that they continuously have to work on.

But of course we should FIRE the HC because he hasn't fixed the bad parts REGARDLESS of the fact our RECORD shows we have far more good parts than bad. We should all also ignore that the team continues to improve. The defense is RIGHT where we could hope it to be right now and the 0line is FAR better but the COACH needs to go because of these messy things he just can't seem to fix.

Bobble on.

"warhawk" wrote:

I have no hidden agenda with the coach. I don't think he has what it takes to take a team to a title. You may not watch other teams with the same scrutiny you do the Packers, but some of us do.
Nemo me impune lacessit
coltonja
14 years ago

There is so much wrong with the grammar in the title of this thread and this thread in general that it deserves to be deleted.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

And here I was thinking it was a series of clever puns: "spit . . . sucks . . ." Not to mention "falshback" (haha, falseback, get it?).

"coltonja" wrote:

The author of this thread does not know how to capitalize the name of our head coach, misspells two words, AND thinks a coach that has an 8-4 record "sucks."

I'm pretty sure that author does not know what a pun is. :physassult: :microwave:
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
evad04
14 years ago

blahblahblah

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

uhhhh...you did read this sentence, did you not?

EDIT: this is sarcasm if you couldn't tell.

"evad04" wrote:

it was a joke poking fun at the first post.

I read it. My comment was just as sarcastic. I'm against the our-coach-needs-better-press-conference/sideline-decorum-crowd. That's the point I'm interested in making.

BTW, I think this is a worthless fucking joke of a team. Who does that sound like? 😉
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

BTW, I think this is a worthless fucking joke of a team. Who does that sound like? ;)

"evad04" wrote:

GraveDigga and Dhazer, I told you two to stop hacking peoples accounts. One more time and your suspended. Again.
UserPostedImage
evad04
14 years ago

Well I have a little secret for you. Mike McCarthy isn't going anywhere so get used to it.
The defense you talked about was his call in the first place, which by the way, took large nads in that HC's in the NFL don't have long leashes and that was a huge gamble on his part.

Then, you talk about the offense like it's nothing and McCarthy has put up a top 10 offense every year he's been here and that's with a team that has gone through SERIOUS flux. This team has transitioned QB's, FB's, HB's, and probably seen 30 different OL combinations since he's been here. All that fielding the youngest team in the league.

Should McCarthy see no credit for how well Rodgers has come out and taken over? Mac's been with this guy from day one.

I got more news for you too. He hasn't made any significant changes in the 0's scheme's either. The 0line has just started blocking the way they are supposed to. I still want to see any proof that we don't throw the ball downfield just as much as we were earlier in the year. The only difference is now the line is blocking so some here want to think that's because we don't go downfield anymore which is just a croc.

We're 8-4 and you want the HC fired? That's beautiful. Somebody can start a poll to see how many SECONDS it would take for some other team to snap him up. 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, or 60 seconds. By the next mornings newspaper the guys gone.

"warhawk" wrote:

I'll make a deal with you. If they win the Super Bowl this year despite the same mistakes every week, I'll stop harping on him. But if those continual mistakes cost us a playoff game, I don't want to hear a word out of you.

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

Bobble on.

"warhawk" wrote:

[...slow clap ... ]

You hit on a number of important points. I especially like you pointing out the scrutiny that goes with being a dedicated superfan. I can't agree more. Our understanding of Green Bay's deficiencies can tend to be in a vacuum. Every team in the NFL has weaknesses; many of which continue to nag them even after two/three/four offseasons of dedication to fixing it. I'm not thrilled that we have so many penalties, but as the case last night it had as much to do with a strangely officiated once-a-generation penalty aberration than "lack of discipline."

Furthermore, I still cannot wrap my head around the confidence with which people attack McCarthy's playcalling. It is the singular ultimate head scratcher for me. People assume 1) they know what should have been called and 2) forget that we have been extremely productive in SPITE of all the sacks/penalties. That doesn't demonstrate a playcalling issue. If, for instance, there is still vast improvement needed in terms of offensive production, exactly how good are we supposed to be? Is Rodgers supposed to have 47 TDs/2 interceptions right now?

And finally, I'm completely on board with the notion that the ultimate goal is a Super Bowl. But I think that a lot of dedicated fans have entitlement issues. The fact is not many gave us a chance to get there before the season (other than those who inflated our value because of a few preseason performances). That doesn't mean we shouldn't STRIVE for a Super Bowl, but realistically there are more "complete" teams out there. Making the playoffs is the first goal. We are in a position to do that. If we fall short, it seems an unfair standard that McCarthy should be fired because we "think" he doesn't have what it takes. If that's the attitude around the league, then you'd see an even bigger year-to-year coaching carousel. It seems to much like a "gut feeling" to can a coach whose consistent positives most likely outweigh the negatives. Firing a playoff coach is something you do when you've made the playoffs four years in a row, have plenty of talent, and coaching seems to be the thing holding you back from the big game. Is McCarthy deserving of that type of reputation? Seems a bit premature.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
WhiskeySam
14 years ago

[...slow clap ... ]

You hit on a number of important points. I especially like you pointing out the scrutiny that goes with being a dedicated superfan. I can't agree more. Our understanding of Green Bay's deficiencies can tend to be in a vacuum. Every team in the NFL has weaknesses; many of which continue to nag them even after two/three/four offseasons of dedication to fixing it. I'm not thrilled that we have so many penalties, but as the case last night it had as much to do with a strangely officiated once-a-generation penalty aberration than "lack of discipline."

Furthermore, I still cannot wrap my head around the confidence with which people attack McCarthy's playcalling. It is the singular ultimate head scratcher for me. People assume 1) they know what should have been called and 2) forget that we have been extremely productive in SPITE of all the sacks/penalties. That doesn't demonstrate a playcalling issue. If, for instance, there is still vast improvement needed in terms of offensive production, exactly how good are we supposed to be? Is Rodgers supposed to have 47 TDs/2 interceptions right now?

And finally, I'm completely on board with the notion that the ultimate goal is a Super Bowl. But I think that a lot of dedicated fans have entitlement issues. The fact is not many gave us a chance to get there before the season (other than those who inflated our value because of a few preseason performances). That doesn't mean we shouldn't STRIVE for a Super Bowl, but realistically there are more "complete" teams out there. Making the playoffs is the first goal. We are in a position to do that. If we fall short, it seems an unfair standard that McCarthy should be fired because we "think" he doesn't have what it takes. If that's the attitude around the league, then you'd see an even bigger year-to-year coaching carousel. It seems to much like a "gut feeling" to can a coach whose consistent positives most likely outweigh the negatives. Firing a playoff coach is something you do when you've made the playoffs four years in a row, have plenty of talent, and coaching seems to be the thing holding you back from the big game. Is McCarthy deserving of that type of reputation? Seems a bit premature.

"evad04" wrote:

Bearing in mind Ray Rhodes was fired on a gut feeling, I admit it is premature, but it is my opinion nonetheless. I am a skeptic by nature, so I need to see consistent results before I change my mind. Getting to the playoffs is not enough for me because my opinion is it's based on a soft schedule in a weak NFC. That doesn't mean I hate the Packers. I hope they prove me wrong.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (38m) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (38m) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (7h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (7h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (8h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (10h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (11h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.