Rockmolder
14 years ago

Although I don't see it happening, this is why I really want us to re-sign Chillar:

"British" wrote:

Damnit. That dude stole my fricken' vid, lol. I guess he felt that the music wasn't good enough.

Anyway, I don't think that Chillar will be too expensive a guy to resign. He's one of those players who means a lot to his current franchise in a solid rotation, but doesn't garner too much interest in FA.

That's what I hope, at least.
millertime
14 years ago

Franchise Tag makes someone upset?

Anyone want to franchise me? I'll take the average of the top five paid website admin's in the business guaranteed for a year.

"British" wrote:

Agreed, Kapman or anyone else will probably snap our hands off if we franchise him.

The franchise tag won't make anyone upset, but dishing out restricted free agents tenders to players like Collins probably will.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

and that is where things get tricky. Collins deserves a pay day. jolly is a perfect candidate for a tender because of his legal troubles.
nerdmann
14 years ago
I think Collins had earned his payday. I'd like to keep Pickett at least for a couple more years, and Jolly looks good too. Chillar wants a chance to start, but he'd be nice to keep around.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
British
14 years ago

Although I don't see it happening, this is why I really want us to re-sign Chillar:

"millertime" wrote:

What's been the deal with him lately, injury bug or Hawk stepping up?

"British" wrote:

Chillar broke a bone in his hand 3 weeks ago and has been inactive for a couple of weeks. He's playing with a small club cast but should be back to his best soon.

In a year with fewer free agents I expect that he'll be able to get starter money from another team, whereas I fear we'll only be offering him money as a rotational player.
UserPostedImage
British
14 years ago
I think Pickett may offer us a home town discount.

Check out this quote from Pickett when asked about the poll regarding players not wanting to play in Green Bay:

I was probably one of them, too, before I came to visit, Packers nose tackle Ryan Pickett said. Its a smaller town, most other teams are in a major city. A small town, cold, cold weather, so many players are from Southern states, they probably thought it was cold and a small town. But if they ever come here Id rather play here, I wish Id played here my whole career. No kidding.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20091206/PKR01/91206028/1058/Perception-vs.-reality-Life-in-Green-Bay 
UserPostedImage
Mckennj3
14 years ago
That would be too sweet if we could score pickett at a discount. We all know Raji will be clogging the middle for years to come, but all his impact plays this year has come from the DE position when Pickett is beside him. If we do loose Pickett I think another Explosive DE might be needed to keep the guys fresh. I love having 4 guys I trust for 3 positions (Pick, BJ, Cullen, Jolly), none of this throwing a player down the depth chart in because we have no choice, cough *bush* cough.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

That would be too sweet if we could score pickett at a discount. We all know Raji will be clogging the middle for years to come, but all his impact plays this year has come from the DE position when Pickett is beside him. If we do loose Pickett I think another Explosive DE might be needed to keep the guys fresh. I love having 4 guys I trust for 3 positions (Pick, BJ, Cullen, Jolly), none of this throwing a player down the depth chart in because we have no choice, cough *bush* cough.

"Mckennj3" wrote:

I will be seriously annoyed if Thompson et al try to lowball Pickett.

I've never understood the idea of "lets take advantage because someone likes us." IMO those are the last people to try to get at a discount.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"Wade" wrote:

I've never understood the idea of "lets take advantage because someone likes us." IMO those are the last people to try to get at a discount.

"Mckennj3" wrote:

I agree. We have a bit of leverage here because we have Raji on the roster, but this is a guy you want to keep. There's nothing more important than having depth at a position where you're fielding guys from 300-350 pounds.

Just look at the Lions games. They where running a no huddle offense to tire our guys out pretty well. Didn't help them that much, though, since we have a pretty solid rotation. Something I'd like to keep. Especially at NT.

I do hope that Raji will be starting by next year, but I'd love to see him getting into a nice rotation with Pickett. Both are playing pretty darn great right now.
British
14 years ago

"Wade" wrote:

"Mckennj3" wrote:

This is a business. If signing Pickett on the cheap means we can bring in a better player at another position and improve our chances of winning a Superbowl then I'm all for it.

I love having Pickett on the team but I don't have all that much sympathy for a millionaire football player getting a few hundred thousands fewer dollars.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Yes, but if the reward you give for employee loyalty and commitment and good nature is trying to take advantage of the same, guess what?

You become "just the job." And loyalty and commitment and all the rest. Well, you're going to have a lot less of it.

Because if it's "just a business" to you, then you're "just an employer" to me.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.