El3ment12
14 years ago

B.J. Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings. Everyone else can go on the block, as far as I am concerned, including management.

Bring in Bill Cowher. He can decide who stays and who goes, including Ted. Ted could be subordinate to him as GM. It has been done before... A GM that reports to the head coach. Cowher is the perfect fit for creating a team to represent the frozen tundra. Cowher will find on offensive coordinator, hell, he can keep Mike for all I care.

Cowher makes Gruden look like a girl. I want him spitting in the face of an under-performing player. We might not win right away, we might, but there will be NO confusion of how Bill felt about it.

He'd be lighting into Dom Capers right now... I guarantee it. Our special teams coach would probably have had his ass beaten a couple of times by now.

This has footage of him when he is WINNING a football game, lol

[youtube]-DZqYrEhPNE&feature=player_embedded#[/youtube]

"dfosterf" wrote:

Am I the only one that feels Cowher is a good coach, but doesn't want him to coach GB because his legacy is with the steelers? He will always be remembered as a steeler coach, so I would want to create new history in Green bay with a fresh coach
Brettizzle
14 years ago
^If our special teams is letting them have a short field to work with then that limits the play calling that is available and can also skew the stats.
Jermichael Finley

We will be in Indianapolis

Zero2Cool
14 years ago
btw, 55sandman nice to have ya back posting! 🙂
UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago

Cowher makes Gruden look like a girl. I want him spitting in the face of an under-performing player. We might not win right away, we might, but there will be NO confusion of how Bill felt about it.

He'd be lighting into Dom Capers right now... I guarantee it. Our special teams coach would probably have had his ass beaten a couple of times by now.

This has footage of him when he is WINNING a football game, lol

[youtube]-DZqYrEhPNE&feature=player_embedded#[/youtube]

"dfosterf" wrote:

LMAO +1
digsthepack
14 years ago
Why isn't the 3-4 working? My personal theory is as follows:

The 3-4 defense is designed to do one thing...pressure the QB and aggressively attack the offense from many different places, and with variant combinations of players. The problem, as I see it, is that with the exception of a few players, we do not have an aggressive bunch on defense....plus, Capers has backed off the pressure to compound matters.

As I have said before, this team needs an injection of Wayne Simmons' attitude and fierce play...because right now, the Packers are a finesse team....something I loathe.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I read somewhere that Kampman leads the team in QB knock downs with 26 and the next is Jenkins at 9. And that's with Kampman dropping into coverage 29% of the time.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Those are some nice points.

First of all, I'm really hoping that Dom Capers won't be our HC. Don't get me wrong, he has a somewhat decent resum in Carlone, but I just don't like him has a HC.

Our team is indeed not one of the smartest. At least, not on defense. Collins plays pretty smart, but I don't know if he's the leader type with the vision you want on the field at safety in this 3-4. Having an Ed Reed or Eric Berry (Top 5 prospect, 2010 draft) helps a big amount. They're smart and great leaders on the field.

I don't know if they need a SoB on their team, but a Ray Lewis or something would be nice. There's a fine line between a leader and someone who starts a schism. Lewis is a leader. Brady is a leader. TO is an SoB.
55sandman
14 years ago

I don't think we're void of talent for the 3-4, either. I think Barnett has played one of his best seasons. There are far too many Barnett haters in Packer Nation. I get the sense no one watches him play, they just beat up on him for celebrating. Too many "style points" critiques. It's as though people are listening to old NFL films music when they formulate critiques. If only we had "tougher" guys who played with more "intensity." That's all good and well, but the great defenses are more than just tough, which the OP alluded to. We need smart players.

"evad04" wrote:

Evad04 -

Don't know why defending Barnett came up, but I'll say this about Barnett. He's average and his best days are behind him. He's one of those players (IMHO) that is more concerned about "celebrity" and NFL Swag... But it isn't just NB, the NFL has a lot of cats that get down like that. Football is a sport played by men that physically are almost on par with each other. There are exceptions and freaks... the man most dedicated, committed or sold-out to gaining that edge with his focus usually wins. That's how it goes... I question that about some of the Packers most important players. That can be related to their disappointment of being out-of-position, contract issues, or not focused on playing the game balls out. The coach shares a lot of the problems for them not being focused. He cannot motivate his team and guide them through adversity... he hasn't proven it (yet).

This defense if horrible. The 3-4 isn't a bend but don't break scheme. It creates pressure, panic and problems for offenses when run effectively. Capers has coached all-pro players and top-ranked defenses for a # of years. It ain't him.... coaches have a track record for a reason, that know how to get ish done. For all those content with the performance of this defense after 8 games, I don't understand. Packers fans should be about one thing... winning, not stats, not we'll get 'em next year or we are young. This is the NFL! Next year has it's own set of problems.
Sandman
warhawk
14 years ago
I guess so much for changing over to the 3-4 being somewhat of a work in progress where we could expect them to get better as the season goes along.
Now all of a sudden they should be balls to the wall from the first snap of the season. I've asked this question before but were teams like the Steelers and Ravens kicking everybody's ass in the first half of the first season they installed this system?

Cause I kinda remember hearing guys like Woodley were freaking lost the first year they played it.

I know everybody's pissed off and whiney but getting after the defense is really stretching it IMO. I guess, of course, the defense could have jumped out onto the field last week and TACKLED the guy running the blocked punt back and the kickoff return guy, too.

Eight times the Vikings started a drive beyond their 37 yard line. EIGHT. Who the hell is going to beat a team with an offense like that when at worst all they need is 30 yards for a FG eight freaking times in a game?

You know there is this thing out there called momentum. Now for two straight weeks they come on the field almost every single time after somebody else SCREWED THE POOCH on them. OK?

Before I throw them under the bus I just want to see them given a reasonable shot and an opportunity to not have the goal line at their heals for once.
"The train is leaving the station."
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
We are missing a couple pieces of the 3-4. Hate thinking about not having kampman, but he is not the best fit for us anymore. Another OLB to match up with Matthews, and either a Ray Lewis LBer or Troy P SS. Either would do.

What I see our problem being now is that we are lining up in Nickel D to often, should actually call us a 2-4 defense with how much we run that formation. Kampman, Jolly, Jenkins, Matthews get a push but there always seems to be an escape route for a QB. Either the DE's go past and the middle is open or there is a gap between OLB and DE.

I think we should keep 3 Dlineman on the field as much as possible. That way we can have better splits on the rush and less escape zones. All the talk about the 3-4 and the Dline eating up double teams for the LBers, and we pull one of those block eaters 75% of the time.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (11h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.