digsthepack
14 years ago
Next week.....Dr. Phil!
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Why didn't this occur after the first loss to the Vikings? It is not like these glaring deficiencies just started to appear against the Bucs.

I guess better than late than never and if it means a win against the cowboys, I am on board.

"dyeah_gb" wrote:

Always glass half empty, huh?

I would rather it not have been needed if we want to go that route. However, I said shortly after the Bucs loss that it might be something good for the Packers. To make them realize they are not as good as they think they are. Hopefully it'll ground them and put them back to working harder, instead of thinking they are the '78 Steelers and simply have to roll there hats on the field for a win.

It sounds like that is what is happening. We are only a game or two out of a wild card spot and have eight games to go.

There's no question, we NEED this win on Sunday or I think it might be time to tank the season for the highest pick overall! Ok the last part is a joke. But seriously, if we lose, its bleak at best.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

According to players who were in the room, Rodgers, tackle Mark Tauscher and receiver Donald Driver were the most powerful speakers.

And that's one of the things you never hear about, but is so important. You get a guy like Tauscher back in and he immediately takes control. Just look at the O-line play with him in and him out. Not saying that he's responsible for all that, but he sure does help a good part. And not only with his play, obviously.

I hope that this new found spirit will be enough. I doubt it, but it's good to hear that the players take it this seriously, as well. Like they should.
14 years ago

Blah. Talk is cheap. It should not have taken for the team to fall to 4-4 and losing to an 0-7 team for this meeting to happen. And for Rodgers to imply that this team hasn't had a sense of urgency up until now -- that they've essentially been coasting on their laurels (what laurels? the discerning reader might ask), if not downright apathetic, is annoying. They clearly fell for their own preseason hype, and in that sense deserve this humiliation. Too bad it's the fans who have to pay for it.

But okay. So they've finally had the knock-down-drag-out session they should have had weeks ago. Now let's see what comes of it. Some things probably aren't resolvable through coaching alone: I doubt our undersized line can overcome its physical deficiencies in a single week, for example. But so help me, if this Sunday Rodgers comes out looking deep on every pass, if I see all our wide receivers 10 or more yards downfield, if I see Ryan Grant running with his head down and shying away from contact, if I see our linemen pushing defenders into Aaron Rodgers, I am done with this coaching staff once and for all. I will allow them no more excuses, I will grant them no further quarter.

I'm not saying the team has to win this week -- I don't think they will -- but they damn well put up a decent showing against the Cowboys. They better get beat by a superior team and not simply give the game away through their own fuckups. If they come out with the same kind of gameplan McCarthy had for the Cowboys in 2007, I will consider that gross dereliction of duty, and I will hope he gets summarily fired in the second quarter.

This will be the watershed game for me. Everyone has supposedly learned their lessons. Finally. Now prove it.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Eh, it happens when it happens. Whether they should have felt this way weeks ago is one thing, but it would be simple posturing if they didn't truly feel what they were saying and hearing. That would piss me off even more than them waiting a few weeks until shit is really desperate.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
"Our message is very clear. The head coach has to coach better, the coaches have to coach better, the players have to play better, and we have to win games. That's our focus. We're going to apply all of our energy into this Dallas game plan. . . . That's about as far down the road as we're looking. We're going to pour everything that we have into winning at home against the Cowboys. That's our focus."

Prove it Mike. One time. That's all I ask. About 3 weeks late, but let's see what happens. Try showing a little emotion, when someone screws up get in their face in front of the whole viewing audience, you would be surprised how a little humility will effect a professional athlete.

Oh By the way Ted....If you are still around next year..GET SOME MORE FUCKING VETERANS WHO NOW HOW TO WIN ON THIS TEAM.

It's called free agency, use it ,spend some damn money, and complete this team!!!!

You don't want to do that, then GET THE HELL OUT,and let someone else finish the job.

Forgot to add....DD is the heart of this team, Mark Murphy, Ted Thompson, MM, and his whole coaching staff better be gone before DD "gets his butt fired"as he stated.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
14 years ago

Blah. Talk is cheap.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+2

i don't see any real changes until there are major personnel changes. this Dallas game is as good as lost. if not, i'll be very, very surprised and the first to eat my words.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

porky88
14 years ago
At least they finally acknowledged the problems. It's been a year in a half of average to bad football from the Packers and they've been living in this imaginary world will nothing seems to be wrong or they don't have to change, they just need to execute better. Well if you're not performing up to the task, get out and that's a good message. They need to know that.
Pack93z
14 years ago

Blah. Talk is cheap. It should not have taken for the team to fall to 4-4 and losing to an 0-7 team for this meeting to happen. \

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I think it clearly speaks to the lack of overall leadership on this team... I commend them for finally having the truth spoken, but holy bananas, this is what finally invoked such a meeting.. boarder line silly.

I give this regime this weekend to come alive.. after that burn every one of them at the north goalpost.. separate the nonsense from reality a couple of weeks ago already.. this is a under performing team cut and dry.

Reality says that the talent is there... the coaching isn't.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
nerdmann
14 years ago

"Our message is very clear. The head coach has to coach better, the coaches have to coach better, the players have to play better, and we have to win games. That's our focus. We're going to apply all of our energy into this Dallas game plan. . . . That's about as far down the road as we're looking. We're going to pour everything that we have into winning at home against the Cowboys. That's our focus."

Prove it Mike. One time. That's all I ask. About 3 weeks late, but let's see what happens. Try showing a little emotion, when someone screws up get in their face in front of the whole viewing audience, you would be surprised how a little humility will effect a professional athlete.

Oh By the way Ted....If you are still around next year..GET SOME MORE FUCKING VETERANS WHO NOW HOW TO WIN ON THIS TEAM.

It's called free agency, use it ,spend some damn money, and complete this team!!!!

You don't want to do that, then GET THE HELL OUT,and let someone else finish the job.

Forgot to add....Donald Driver is the heart of this team, Mark Murphy, Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and his whole coaching staff better be gone before Donald Driver "gets his butt fired"as he stated.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

You know, it's one thing to go into a season with NO PLAN WHATSOEVER at RB. Such as in 2007. When Vernand Morency was pencilled in to be the "starter." But then bruised his labia on the first play of training camp.
We went into that season with a rooke Bjack starting, the rookie Wynn, who at that time hadn't gone through puberty yet, and then Ted Thompson traded for Grant.
Luckily for him, Grant panned out.
But last year, KGB did NOT. Yeah, we had some serious injuries, such as to Jenkins and Barnett, and that inhibited our run stopping ability. But damn. Turns out we were pretty damn thin on the Dline.
This year, same thing with the Oline.
The thing is, RB is not as fundamental as the LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. You need to SHOW UP on the defensive line AND the offensive line.
You don't go into a season RELYING on a washed up veteran like KGB or CLIFTON. What was the backup plan to Cliffy? Well, MOLL practiced there all preseason. Did ANYONE believe Moll would even make the team!?
Me neither.
So it's one thing to go into a season with NADA at RB. But on either line? That's total bullshit, imo.
Especially TWO years in a row.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
14 years ago
Well....i'm glad that FINALLY something was said. Whether or not it mattered will only be seen this sunday.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (7h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (7h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (18h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (18h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.