nerdmann
14 years ago

IMO the bolded statement is a joke. Nothing personal

Rodgers is a better QB than either Ryan of Flacco, even though I like Ryan alot, and Flacco some. Ryan had the #2 rushing attack. Falco had the #4 rushing and #2 defense. I would have more wins than Rodgers.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan ARE there. They are on winning teams, winning games and putting together great drives (i.e. Flacco v. Favre - he put them ahead until Favre came back and then again after that). Plus they are in their SECOND year in the league. Rodgers at least got to sit behind Favre and learn a bit.

They are winners, that is ALL I mean. I am not saying if you put them in a QB Challenge in Hawaii, they would win. I just find it hard to argue that if your down 24-20 in the 4th quarter, you would take Rodgers over Joe Cool or Matty Ice (at this point). But thats just opinion and you can see it differently.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

You stated it right. They are on winning teams. Joe Flacco has the fricken Ravens defense and Ray Rice. Ryan has Micheal Turner. Just look at his stats when Turner gets shut down. Pretty much like last week.

As for the Flacco vs. Favre thing... that is the exact same thing that Rodgers has done multiple times, only for the defense to give up some huge plays or Crosby to miss a FG.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

So he has Greg Jennings and Donald Driver? So what? Then no one should compare a QB to any other QB because they are not playing on an even playing field? Do you even know who Flacco's receivers are?

If Jay Cutler had Greg Jennings and Donald Driver, he'd have much better numbers. But he doesn't and bottom line is that Rodgers is playing better than Cutler IMO.

If Favre had Torry Holt and Issac Bruce, he would have been better. If Favre wasn't 40 and was 27, he'd have a better season this year on the Vikings. Who cares?

You can honestly say that if the game is on the line, your down 24-20, you would take Rodgers over Flacco and Ryan (at this point in their careers)? Those guys are as cold as ice dude. When I mean I think they are "there", I am saying they have that in them to put the game on their back, to win tough games, take risks, etc. which I don't think Rodgers has yet. That is all. I am not saying Rodgers is Jamarcus Russel.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Let's be real. If Flacco or Ryan rallied their teams back only to have the kicker miss a FG or the defense completely collapse, that wouldn't be on them. They'd still have done their jobs, just as Rodgers has.
Yeah, Rodgers has thrown some INTs while trying to pull games out of his ass. Not unlike our old QB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
14 years ago
If you want to see Rodgers with ice in his veins when the game is on the line, look at the games he played in college. The dude is clutch.
Our last QB played on adrenaline. He's staying in the system more this year, but that's now how has played throughout his career. But adrenaline is the opposite of icewater in the veins.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
longtimefan
14 years ago

He's way ahead of where Brent was in his 23rd start.

"nerdmann" wrote:

23rd start

sacks=42

ints=27

td=28

hope those are right!!

Rodgers

Sacks=65

ints=15

tds=32
DGB454
14 years ago

Rodgers is better than anyone else.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Greg Jennings will strike you in your sleep

"DGB454" wrote:

Very true.
dhazer
14 years ago

how can you compare these 3?

Rodgers 5th year
Ryan & Flacco 2nd year.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You're incredible.

The guy could throw 50 TD's and you'd still discredit him some how some way.

Although, at least you're not going out of your way to do that with this post. I can only assume someone made a point that Rodgers is as good or better than Ryan/Flaaco and that's your way of trying to stop anything of that nature being said. Because, god for bid, someone think Rodgers is better than anyone else.

"dhazer" wrote:

Well hell i can name 10 qbs right now i could compare to Rodgers but it wouldn't be fair to compare him to 10 yr vets now is it.

All i'm saying is how can you compare a 5 yr vet against 2nd year guys ?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Rodgers 5th year
Ryan & Flacco 2nd year.

"dhazer" wrote:

You're incredible.

Although, at least you're not going out of your way to do that with this post. I can only assume someone made a point that Rodgers is as good or better than Ryan/Flaaco and that's your way of trying to stop anything of that nature being said. Because, god for bid, someone think Rodgers is better than anyone else.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Well hell i can name 10 qbs right now i could compare to Rodgers but it wouldn't be fair to compare him to 10 yr vets now is it.

"dhazer" wrote:

Or an 18 year one for that matter.

So, looking at it that way, we can only compare him to Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Charlier Frye, Andrew Walter, David Greene, etc.

We have one hell of a QB.

I see what you mean, though, but I see the three of them as 2 year starters. Yes, Rodgers had a head start, but I believe that you've learned all you can by just sitting, watching and learning in 1 year. So maybe Rodgers gets 1 year ahead of them.

That'd still leave us with last years Rodgers and this years Flacco and Ryan. I'm pretty sure that I'd take Rodgers.

Just take a quick look at Ryan's stats when the running game gets shut down, while he does have a good O-line and quite a receiving core. And just look at Flacco's supporting cast and stats. Although I have to say that he doesn't have the greatest receivers, he has an amazing running game, one of the best O-lines in the league and one of the best defenses.

Again, I'd take Rodgers over both.
WhiskeySam
14 years ago
Shocking that people on a Packers message board would take Rodgers over everyone else!
Nemo me impune lacessit
nerdmann
14 years ago

Shocking that people on a Packers message board would take Rodgers over everyone else!

"WhiskeySam" wrote:

If some of those other guys were developed by MM, I might take them too. Mike McCarthy knows how to develop QBs.
porky88
14 years ago

Rodgers 5th year
Ryan & Flacco 2nd year.

"dhazer" wrote:

You're incredible.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"dhazer" wrote:

They're all roughly around the same age for one.

They've all started the same amount of games.

The players are all comparable.

As far as was some are saying with the clutch factor. I think the Viking game is a poor example. 24-3 and Rodgers leads the Packers to 17 unanswered points to make it a four point game. Minnesota goes down makes it 31-20 and Rodgers leads the team down and makes it 31-26.

With four minutes left he gets the team in FG range to cut the lead to two and Crosby misses a long kick. He has the calm hand to pickup a poor snap and still throw for a first down on that drive.

I don't think you can compare that type of situation to some of his past situations where he threw picks. Atlanta, Carolina, and Jacksonville are three games to look at when talking about his lack of play in the final minutes of a game, but not this Viking game. Rodgers was one of the few bright spots in that game IMO.

He's had one comeback this year already too.
RedSoxExcel
14 years ago

Combined stats against Detroit, Cleveland and St. Louis.

57/80 (71.3%) for 873 yards (10.9 avg), with 7 TDs and 1 Int.

Combined stats against Minnesota x 2 and Cincinnatti.

73/117 (62.4%) for 932 yards (8.0 avg), with 6 TDs and 1 Int.

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

There is your answer right there. This is such a week argument.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Minnesota game 1, 9 points in 2nd half, Cincy game, 3 points in the 2nd half, Minnesota game 2, 3 points in the 1st half. Thats pretty bad.

You can take any stat and manipulate it if you want. And this whole oh poor Rodgers, his OL. Well poor Cutler, his WRs and RB. Do any of you EVER compare two players on different teams because you shouldn't because they are never in the same situation. Do you think Marino would have won a SB if he had the 49ers Offense and coach, yeah probably. But he didn't and Joe Montana is considered better. Its life. You can't simply handicap people arbitarily and state "if Rodgers had the Falcons Offense he would be doing better than Ryan for sure". Who cars, why live in these hypotheticals.

And once again I"m not saying he's the worst QB in the league or something. I am just saying he has weakenesses. Its not the end of the world.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.