Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Man, this place is just getting too depressing. One of our players is not only mixed in with the elite at his position but is ahead of them all. Go back and look at those names on that list.

Is this what we've degenerated too? Whining about our top-of-the-league-rated quarterback? Who's in his second year as a starter??? Who's playing behind a line that does things like give Jared Allen a clear, unabated shot at the QB??? Who's doing it without a running game to slow down the pass rush???

Our record is not Rodgers fault. Go look at the Derek Anderson/JaMarcus Russell's of the world and be saying your prayers every night that nothing happens to Rodgers--because if it does, our season is SO over...

Man, I've got to go...this is just way too depressing...

"macbob" wrote:

I know what you mean. Subtly things are changing. I assure you of that.

I appreciate your (and others like it) posts and diligence on finding positive's and level headed discussions for us.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

He is too busy running for his life or laying on his back to take chances. He is already taking plenty of chances by playing behind that oline :P

"cheeseheads123" wrote:

One of these games, I am expecting him to turn and hit a mascot with the ball. Johnny Moxin here we come.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
TheEngineer
14 years ago
Guys aren't seeing the forrest for the trees.

So what if Rodgers is having a statistically good season if it doesn't mean wins, you ask?

Well, I'd certainly place my wager on a 25 year old QB as a franchise QB who can get the awesome stats, because the wins will come.

There's too much emphasis placed on QBs who can "win the game". What exactly is winning the game, anyway? Who determines whether the QB in that game could have been replaced and we'd get the same result?

How many people have a stellar statistical career and a have a dogged win-loss ratio? How many people have an awful statistical career and win it all?

Rodgers is doing awesome in his 2nd season. He's getting sacked an incredible amount. Just imagine if he can get his OL, and he's 27-31 in his prime. It's going to be SCARY.
blank
TengoJuego
14 years ago
Now lets get that record looking equally impressive.
4PackGirl
14 years ago
wow - that really is awesome!! thanks for posting that - we can all use a hefty dose of perspective here lately. 😃
flep
14 years ago
With an O-Line and a running game to match we'd be 7 - 0.

Way to go A-Rod!!!!

People say he holds on to the ball too long.

Well for me I'd rather the QB was sacked than throw the ball anyway risking an INT every time.

The only problem I can see is he more times he gets sacked the more chance of injury, and if A-Rod gets injured that IS our season gone.

I think we've seen allready this season on a quick 3 step drop and release he is completing passes. So maybe it's time for Mike McCarthy to change to a quick passing game.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Man, this place is just getting too depressing. One of our players is not only mixed in with the elite at his position but is ahead of them all. Go back and look at those names on that list.

Is this what we've degenerated too? Whining about our top-of-the-league-rated quarterback? Who's in his second year as a starter??? Who's playing behind a line that does things like give Jared Allen a clear, unabated shot at the QB??? Who's doing it without a running game to slow down the pass rush???

Our record is not Rodgers fault. Go look at the Derek Anderson/JaMarcus Russell's of the world and be saying your prayers every night that nothing happens to Rodgers--because if it does, our season is SO over...

Man, I've got to go...this is just way too depressing...

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

I agree, I don't blame our loses, on Aaron, he is playing pretty darn good football.

That doesn't mean that things couldn't be different. Aaron keeps playing like he is, and I will be very happy. That doesn't mean that I can't think if he took a couple more chances here and there, that he could be better.

"macbob" wrote:

I agree. Again, I like the way that he's not throwing dumb interceptions and, on 3rd and 5, just keeps moving and moving, looking for something to develop and then just take a 2 yard sack. It doesn't hurt the team one bit.

The thing I'd like to see, though, is more of these throws that he made last season. I remember dropping it in perfectly to Driver who was in double coverage. I remember throwing a slant to Jones on a 2 yard window, with LBs in zone on both sides of Jones. He can thread the needle, but I'm not feeling that we're seeing that as much as we did last year. And if he does, it's usually a long ball to Greg Jennings, it seems.

Might not be completely true, but that's just the feeling I'm getting.

That said, congrats to Aaron. 14 TDs and just 2 Ints isn't just because you're not forcing things, it's because of great vision and one hell of an arm, as well.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
He's taken some chances already this year. I can think of two off the top of my head.

Both of Drivers one handed grabs were while he was heavily covered. Oh, last week, the TD to Jennings, he had a dude hanging on Jennings when he threw him the ball.

Rodgers is still taking chances. He's taking smart chances, not stupid "fling it up and hope your guy comes down with it" chances.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

He's taken some chances already this year. I can think of two off the top of my head.

Both of Drivers one handed grabs were while he was heavily covered. Oh, last week, the TD to Jennings, he had a dude hanging on Jennings when he threw him the ball.

Rodgers is still taking chances. He's taking smart chances, not stupid "fling it up and hope your guy comes down with it" chances.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Like I said, they're all going to Jennings. Both throws to Driver where in one on one coverage with a cornerback. It'd be routine catches, if it wheren't for the obvious holds on either one.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking this a little, or maybe he just hasn't had the oppurtinities to make those throws, but it really looks to me like we're seeing less and less of those 'risky' ones.
RedSoxExcel
14 years ago
QB rating is kind of a lame stat to me. It was made up by basically some random guy in his mother's basement and that suddenly became "the" stat for QBs.

It doesn't take into account sacks or "clutch", etc. Plus I bet if you look it up, Matt Schuab has a better QB rating than most HOF'ers. The QB rating stat was made for a completely different era and QB position.

Yes Rodgers numbers are impressive but I am more impressed by his ability sometimes to escape the pocket lately, extend the play and find the open guy. He has shown improvement in this regard. Plus lately his ability to use different receivers instead of just looking downfield to Jennings or Driver.

And I LOVED at the end of the Vikings games where he threw a couple of risky passes that were almost picked off. They were threading the needle but down 38-26 and the other team not in prevent defense like last Vikings game, he was forced to take risks and he did it. I'd rather have him take more risks, does that mean more INTs, less completions and lower QB rating, sure but you have to take those risks sometimes.

People call Favre, Mr. Int but he's also one of the most winningiest QBs ever with a lot of medicoure teams and plus his INT/TD ratio is probably really good I would bet too.

The whole "do anything but throw an INT" thing works if you are a VERY good team or have an awesome defense like the Ravens of 2002. They just need a QB to sit there and not make the big mistake but the Packers are NOT that good, so you have to take the risks.
blank
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.