Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Thanks for the photos, man. I agree that the flag is amazing. At my college's game on Saturday, they played all four of the branch's respective songs, and the army song was first. So there I was, in my cheerleader uniform, singing the army song. lol. (Yes, dfosterf, I sang the Marine Hymn too, since no one else seemed to do so.)

I am really jealous of all you guys who've had the opportunity of taking pictures inside the hallowed walls of Lambeau. I do have a question, though. Do they regulate what kinds of cameras and accessories you can bring in? In other words, would I be allowed to use my telephoto lens or would that be considered disruptive?
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
ha, you got that same pic of Lee and Barnett walking off the field that some nfl.com photographers got (or whoever the heck).

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

BTW, I'm going to use that flag picture as my desktop background. Thats an AWESOME picture.

"IronMan" wrote:

I am sitting here thinking about the 1st Monday night game after 9-11. It was a home game against Washington. The Packers brought out a huge flag that was shaped like the US. It was pretty neat. They had firefighters, police and other emergency service personnel holding the flag. It was a bit breezey so players from BOTH teams came out and grabbed a corner and held it. They they got the flag to waving. It is the best stadium wave I have even seen.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago

I am really jealous of all you guys who've had the opportunity of taking pictures inside the hallowed walls of Lambeau. I do have a question, though. Do they regulate what kinds of cameras and accessories you can bring in? In other words, would I be allowed to use my telephoto lens or would that be considered disruptive?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

http://www.packers.com/gameday/gameday_information/#s9 
zombieslayer
14 years ago
+1 Dodd. Nice pictures and summary.

I was in the chat yesterday and saying how much I liked Barnett. He was on fire yesterday, making some solid stops. Of course Woody was our MVP yesterday, but Barnett is one of our players who I feel is underappreciated by Packers fans.

Yes, some of the criticism is valid, but all and all, if you compare him against other MLBs in the NFL, I strongly think he's in the top half for starters. I'm glad we have him. I think another year in 3-4 and he's going to just look better.

Back to your pics, I liked a lot of them but what really struck me was when you showed the fans. Not one empty seat. That looked so cool, seeing all that green and gold in the stands.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡Ή πŸ‡²πŸ‡² πŸ‡¦πŸ‡·
Cheesey
14 years ago

A + move, Wayne.

You missed a game with your son, that is unfortunate.

You restored/reinforced/confirmed (to whatever degree, as applicable) that leap of faith that we all want to have in the innate kindness of our fellow man...at least in the mind of one son.

Were I a betting man, that story will be told for the rest of the ticket recipient's lifetime.

A++ for the guest selection recommendation.

I'm calling that whole deal a net success story.

+1

"wpr" wrote:

Thanks dfosterf. My son was a bit disappointed. Blamed himself. I told him I didn't mind spending the day together in Chicago instead of GB.

10 years ago I would have been upset but going to a GB game is not the most impt thing in my life.

I thought about calling Cheesey but alas I did not have his number. Sorry Big C. You would have been my 1st choice. If for no other reason I know you live in the greater Milawaukee area.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Thanks Wayne. I would have LOVED to go, but i guess it wasn't supposed to be.
Who knows.....maybe the guy you gave the tickets to never had a chance to see a game at Lambeau. It might be a memory he will cherish forever.
You're a good man!
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

BTW, I'm going to use that flag picture as my desktop background. Thats an AWESOME picture.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Man, I'm telling you, that flag was AMAZING. Definitely a site to see. That and the jet fly over were incredible.

Go to my Flikr page and you can get a higher quality picture of the flag picture. I posted a medium size photo to the forum to save space. I bet there's a "professional" photo of it up somewhere.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44682580@N03/ 

"doddpower" wrote:

Fantastic photos.

I took the advice of both of you. I went to your flikr page and made it my desktop background.

I think your photograph just might be the neatest background I have ever had on this computer.

Thanks for the picture, and IM, thanks for the idea.

+1

to both of ya! (IM rates not only for the idea, but upon reflection, I can think of many of HIS photos that would have made great backgrounds)

"IronMan" wrote:

Took those two photos and added a bit to them for desktops as well.. I love the photo.. thanks for sharing Dodd.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/Packfootball2.jpg 

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/Packfootball.jpg 
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
doddpower
14 years ago
Hey thanks guys!! If I can ever afford a better lens then my stock 15-55 Mike McCarthy for my Canon Rebel XTi SRL Camera, I could really get some kick ass pictures. However, since I don't have a better lens, I just take my smaller Canon Powershot. SRL's are amazing cameras, but man, lenses are SO expensive!! It's lame! Maybe one day though.

As for Barnett, he was my favorite player up until last year at some point. He was MEAN in 2007 and I viewed him as a beast. I started to get annoyed at him because he wasn't playing with the same fire it seemed, and then he got injured. I'm always skeptical about football players coming back from ACL injuries, but it's becoming more and more common these days. I think Barnett can excel in this scheme if two things happen: a.) whoever is playing next to him at the other ILB position plays as a true "thumper" and plays with a mean streak. Kind of like a good game for AJ Hawk of Bishop. b.) Barnett continues to improve on blitzing.

He appears to be improving on blitzing, so now we just need to focus on a!!

By the way, about the pictures I posted, did anyone notice anything that seemed a little bit weird about one of the photos? I put something in there to see if you guys were paying attention and no one has caught it yet! πŸ™‚
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I see how it is Shawn.

:)

(i really dont know what im saying, i jus felt like saying the first thing out of my mouth)
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Man, I'm telling you, that flag was AMAZING. Definitely a site to see. That and the jet fly over were incredible.

Go to my Flikr page and you can get a higher quality picture of the flag picture. I posted a medium size photo to the forum to save space. I bet there's a "professional" photo of it up somewhere.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44682580@N03/ 

"dfosterf" wrote:

Fantastic photos.

I took the advice of both of you. I went to your flikr page and made it my desktop background.

I think your photograph just might be the neatest background I have ever had on this computer.

Thanks for the picture, and IM, thanks for the idea.

+1

to both of ya! (IM rates not only for the idea, but upon reflection, I can think of many of HIS photos that would have made great backgrounds)

"doddpower" wrote:

Took those two photos and added a bit to them for desktops as well.. I love the photo.. thanks for sharing Dodd.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/Packfootball2.jpg 

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/pack93z/Packfootball.jpg 

"IronMan" wrote:

Oh wow!! GREAT job dude! That made it a lot better! All the people crowded together. The American flag. Truly packer football.

Thanks man!! +1.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (15h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? πŸ₯Ί I think that means you missed more than half of them 😒
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead πŸ€ͺ
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.