longtimefan
14 years ago
In regards to the Vikings schedule

giants is last game of the year, will that mean anything?

CAROLINA and Cinncy are at the dump
echizen20
14 years ago

Must win in my view.
For several reasons.
We don't want to fall farther behind the Queens. Plus, the Queens felt the taste of "defeat" and "Bad Brett" this week. They are on the ropes, and hitting them hard now might put them into a spin. It might make the Viking fans jump up against Brett Favre. That would be SWEET to see.
And i don't want to see Favre injured. If we can beat him, and put pressure on him, that might get in his head for the remainder of the season. That ALSO would be sweet! I don't want to see T-Jack come in. That kid has a chip on his shoulder, and wants to prove himself. Better for him to stay on the bench in my opinion.

"Cheesey" wrote:

It was only a matter of time when they will lose. They lost to the defending champions and almost beat them. Brett did not play bad at all. That interception was not his fault and the fumble was a great play made by the defender. He did play with the flu, who knows how well he would of performed if he wasn't sick. Vikings will come into this game with rage and aggression, do not take them lightly or that will be a huge mistake. Need to play Clean and Solid football if want to win.
blank
RedSoxExcel
14 years ago

I don't want to see T-Jack come in. That kid has a chip on his shoulder, and wants to prove himself. Better for him to stay on the bench in my opinion.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Do you mean by its better for T-Jack to stay on the bench that you think he is more of a threat than the 40-year-old version of Favre?

I am obviously bias because I still like Favre as a player and think he still has "it" but I would rather see T-Jack on the field than Favre any day of the week. He's above-average talented but an average QB. Favre is deadly because of his experience and ability to read the defense. He picks up the blitzs most of the time and throws under, calls quick slants if CB is playing too far off, audibles, etc. T-Jack is incapable of any of that.
blank
dhazer
14 years ago

So 6-1 Vikigns v. 4-2 Packers.

If we win, we're golden, 6-2 and 5-2, with a game in hand. We are basically tied for the division lead (plus equal head to head). But if we lose and its 7-1 and 4-3, the division title is likely done because they would have the head to head tie breaker and we would basically be behind 3 games.

What do you think gets a team in the playoffs as a wild card this year and who do you think wins the NFC North?

I would say:

10-6 for wild card (dallas, atl, chi, philly, seattle, sf, az all in hunt) - if we lose, we'd have to go 6-3 rest of the way, easily doable with our schedule)

11-5 for division (really between vikings and packers but vikings have a really hard schedule) - if we win, we'd have to go 6-3 rest of the way, easily doable with our schedule).

Conclusion, I do not think its a must win for the wildcard but a must win for the division. If we lose, it will suck but we are still very much alive for the playoffs considering our easy schedule.

But is anyone else really getting excited about the division title if we win this game. I really think the Vikings have a very hard schedule (Giants, Bears twice, @ Arizona, Cincy) and could end up at 11-5 or 10-6

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

How the hell do you say we have an easy schedule? Pitts, Balt, Dallas,SF, Bearsand Cards? i'm lost on your thinking.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

i'm lost on your thinking.

"dhazer" wrote:

Welcome to our world of trying to understand you.
UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
14 years ago
It's a must win...

1. We need to even up the score in the standings a bit. I want the division!

2. Don't you think that EVERY member of the Green Bay Packers remembers 3 weeks ago? How it felt to leave the Metrodump after that game, and how they were beaten? Being the competitors that they are, I'm thinking they will NOT want those feelings to repeat themselves on the pristine turf of the mighty Lambeau Field. Pride, I tell ya....PRIDE!

or, we could lose, the sun would rise the following morning, and just adapt and overcome.

But I WANT THE DIVISION!
UserPostedImage
El3ment12
14 years ago
Its a must win for the division, because the vikings get the lions after us, and their schedule is favorable the rest of the way. If we lose, we can still HOPE for the division, and realistically go for the wild card.
Dulak
14 years ago

How the hell do you say we have an easy schedule? Pitts, Balt, Dallas,SF, Bearsand Cards? i'm lost on your thinking.

"dhazer" wrote:

I was thinking the same thing ... dallas just beat the falcons, cards just beat the giants, pitt just beat the viks, and balt well rodgers better wear 2 sets of pads for them ... sf is the only 'easy' one there IMO
mi_keys
14 years ago
The remaining schedules of the Packers and Vikings after their match up this Sunday:

Minnesota
Bye
Detroit (1-5)
Seattle (2-4)
Chicago (3-3)
at Arizona (4-2)
Cincinnati (5-2)
at Carolina (2-4)
at Chicago (3-3)
New York (5-2)

combined: (25-25)

Green Bay
at Tampa Bay (0-7)
Dallas (4-2)
San Francisco (3-3)
at Detroit (1-5)
Baltimore (3-3)
at Chicago (3-3)
at Pittsburgh (5-2)
Seattle (2-4)
at Arizona (4-2)

combined: (25-31)

I don't think you can argue that either Green Bay or Minnesota have a significant advantage in terms of the strength of schedule left after this coming Sunday. Both teams go to Arizona late, have a home game against Seattle, a game against Detroit, and at least one game against Chicago. Half of the remaining schedule is the same for both teams. Otherwise, we play Pittsburgh, Dallas, Baltimore, San Fran and Tampa where the Vikings play Cincinnati, New York, Chicago, and Carolina.

If I had to choose who had a slight edge in remaining schedule I would give it to us. Off the top of my head those teams the Vikings have to play that we don't are 5-0 against the teams we have to play (Cinci over Pitt and Balt, Chicago* over Pitt, New York over Dallas, and Carolina over Tampa). On the one hand, people keep pointing out that we have tough games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore but fail to recognize Cincinnati has beaten both of them and leads the division. Still, they have their bye later to freshen up and I think those differences are largely negligible anyway.

The bottom line is that between the Packers and Vikings, the team that has the better record down the back stretch will do so not because of an easier schedule but because they play better. This upcoming game is huge for momentum and confidence. A win this week would go a long way towards winning the division in that sense while a loss would mean we'd have to play almost perfect down the stretch and hope Minnesota cools off.

*note: by Minnesota playing them when we don't I mean that they have two games against them to our one so I'm canceling out those games we share.
Born and bred a cheesehead
14 years ago
It is a division game, a Conference game, and it is a big game for getting that strength of victory number raised.

The Strength of Victory number is what seperates the Packers amongst the Falcons, Cowboys, and Eagles.

Check out the playoff position thread that was moved to the NFL forum because currently it does not involve the Packers.

If the Falcons and Packers win then the Packers are only 1.5 games away from home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
blank
Fan Shout
beast (35m) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (1h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (6h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (6h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (13h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (13h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (14h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (17h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (17h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.