Yerko
14 years ago

This week GB is at Cleveland, Chicago is at Cincinnati and and MN is at Pittsburgh.
What is up with the NFL schedule makers? I am sick and tired of how the NFL does things. All 3 of these games are on Fox. (Luckily the Chicago game is a late game.) Why not have one of the 3 games scheduled for the NFC team's stadium so it will be on CBS? The Suits must think every single game is interchangeable with every other game. So instead of actually providing the fans with a choice they create conflict.
Northern IL was originally scheduled to get the MN game, fortunately the local station was able to change it to the GB game. I see that Lima Ohio had to request the Cleveland game instead of the Pittsburgh game. And as of now the northwest corner of WI has to watch the MN game.
It is as if the NFL goes out of their way to create as much conflict as possible. Last week both GB and Chicago had their bye at the same time. How difficult would it be to have teams in a geographic area have slightly different schedules? Now I know it is hard to factor both MN and Chicago into the GB schedule but they could do a much better job than what they are doing now.

"wpr" wrote:

I agree 100% with you and I just checked this last night. I am in Chicago and I am getting the friggin Minnesota/Pittsburgh game. I was under the impression that it would be on CBS but they are putting the 'hot garbage' Colts/Rams game on.

So, my line-up is:
CBS @ Noon- Colts/Rams
Fox @ Noon- Vikes/Steelers

CBS @ 3:15- Bull Riding (lol)
Fox @ 3:15- Bears/Bengals

I always thought if the AFC team was home, the game was on CBS...am I wrong?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I get.
Packers at Browns

Late games
Jets at Raiders
Bears at Bengals
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

I always thought if the AFC team was home, the game was on CBS...am I wrong?

"AKamp74" wrote:

Wrong

Link 

Sunday regional games

Under the current contracts, the regional Sunday afternoon games (1 p.m. "early" and 4 p.m. "late" games) are broadcast on CBS and Fox. CBS holds what is generally called the AFC package (AFC away games), and Fox holds what is referred to as the NFC package (NFC away games).

The "AFC package" for CBS is summarized as the following:

* Sunday afternoon AFC intra-conference games (AFC at AFC)
* Sunday afternoon interconference away games (AFC at NFC)

The "NFC package" for Fox is summarized as the following:

* Sunday afternoon NFC intra-conference games (NFC at NFC)
* Sunday afternoon interconference away games (NFC at AFC)

In 1970, when the NFL and AFL merged, and home blackouts were put into place for AFC games (the AFL had lifted these during its run), this assured that all Sunday afternoon road games would be seen on the same network. The current package allows both CBS and Fox access to every stadium/market in the league for at least two games per season (unless an interconference game is chosen as a primetime national game). In 2003, both Miami's home games against NFC teams were televised in primetime, a rare exception which prevented Fox from airing a game from Pro Player Stadium that season.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

I get.
Packers at Browns

Late games
Jets at Raiders
Bears at Bengals

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Personally I think the network that only get to air on game should be aloud to rebroadcast a game that had been aired earlier that day. Thus if Fox only has one game the local stations could show the MN game in the upper and western part of the State and the Bears game in the south east part. (if the games were 12 o'clock games.) Here in northern IL we could see the GB game.
I think the NFL and networks would have a larger audience that way. Those who want to see the "big late game matchup" on CBS can do so. Others who would have gone to another channel and watched golf, bowling or the big mahjong tourney or even dare I say, turned the tv off and the internet (PackerHome) on can now watch the game on tv that they didn't get a chance to see before.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago
[youtube]eY6j1Le15q0[/youtube]
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
update original post
UserPostedImage
bug9999
14 years ago
Browns fans must be really down in the dumps because I'm finding it impossible to find any Packers v. Browns threads on their message boards.
blank
TheEngineer
14 years ago
So is Ahman Green going to be suiting up for this game? Anybody know?
blank
14 years ago
I think we have this one in the bag, unlike my felled Bungal prediction, the Brows have been horrible - and they are wafer thin right now, that being said, I still think our play will frustrate.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Rockmolder
14 years ago
I think that we'll win this one, but not as easily as many appear to think. It all comes down to, once again, our O-line and Rodgers getting rid of the ball.

I know that everyone is optimistic about Lang playing LT. And rightfully so, he was pretty impressive. Still, though, we had the same feeling about Barbre (who's still manning the right side, btw), so this might just go horribly wrong and we'll be stuck with a horrible LT to complement our already horrible RT.

Normally, I wouldn't be too worried about the Browns' front 7 personnel. Yes, they have a good NT and a good OLB in Wimbley, but it ends just about there.

They do, however, have Rob Ryan as their defensive cordinator. He wasn't that impressive in Oakland, but from what I've seen from the Browns, he likes to play the same kind of defense as his brother. And that's pretty scary. I watched them play Buffalo (who also have a horrible O-line) and Edwards got under quite some pressure. I know, it was the Bills, but still, they kept them to 3 points the entire game. That man makes their entire defense just a tad bit better.

That said, if you can't score more than 10 points a game, you're still pretty much in trouble. I expect us to win this one, just because of the fact that the Browns can't get the ball into the end-zone to safe their life. Throw in Derek Anderson and our secondary and we should be ok.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (15h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (17h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (20h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (22h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (22h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (22h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (23h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (23h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (23h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.