Felipe7777777
14 years ago
i think it was a sloppy win, only one TD in the redzone after all those trips was pretty disappointing, especially on that 3rd down call where they called a WR screen to DD for a 2 yard gain? WOW...that play looked broken down str8 from the beginning, thought DD played like a beast especially on that 1 handed catch wit the DB draped all over him, disappointed in the run game basically nothing happened until garbage time, having bigby on the field was a good sign as well, had an INT and didnt really see any errors there, and Jenkins beasted with the INT...the penalties were atrocious that is unacceptable and just horrible to see, other than that seems liek the game was good!
blank
Timmons
14 years ago
Zero is right. Our running game sucks. Too many times Grant is getting run over in the back field. Fix it.

TJ Lang looked good. Get me one more of him and I'll be hopeful.

Clay Mathews. Thank you for not pulling out a asshat-barnett samurai move after a good play.

I love me some Donald Driver.

Hey guess what? The quick slant works in Green Bay!

Address the GOOOOODDDAMMNNN penalties. Otherwise, the rest doesn't matter. This game should have been 45-0.

Rodgers looks good. A few times he held the ball too long. Set him up for success with quick throws early.

AJ Hawk missed on what was reported as the Lions longest run of the season. So those of you who are still high on Hawk can shut it on that. He's not good.

Did BJ Raji play? I didn't see or hear anything about him. Jenkins looked good.

Oh, here's some real genius. Kampman rushes better with his hand in the dirt. No kidding... really? Good lord. WTF is he doing in coverage ever? If they motion, just have a safety take that TE. Good lord almighty. Kampman needs to be rushing the QB on every play.

Here's another hot tip. Run our offense faster. Not quite two minute drills. But drop all the motion BS and snap the ball right away. Don't give the D time to figure out. Play offense quickly. It will keep our momentum and negate our false starts. Move the ball, reduce the penalties.

Kuhn did well. Can we have some more running plays with 4 WR? Spread the field and RB draw. Also, can we have more full back lead blocks?

And, while I'm at it . STOP WITH THE EMPTY BACK FIELD!!!! Unless you're going to actually let Rodgers run. Don't give away your game plan. JFC.

Other than that. the win was weak and we have no play off hopes, unless Favre shits his pants. He'll only do that in the playoffs with the Vikings. He will break their hearts eventually... it just won't be until it really matters. I am looking forward to that.
blank
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago
Positives:
Matthews.
Woodson. (probably, since we didn't see much of him, probably meant he was busy taking his man out of the play).
Victory.
Rodgers.
Driver.
Lang

Negatives:
Barnett's on-field persona.
Penalties.
Redzone futility.
[strike]The ballet squad [/strike] offensive line. Calling them a ballet squad is insulting to ballet dancers.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Yerko
14 years ago
1. We beat the worn down, injured Lions. As much as people aren't satisfied with this win, we need to look around the entire league and be thankful for this win. Oakland>Philadelphia and Buffalo>Jets? 26-0 should have been 45-0, but lets be a little thankful as a W is a W.

2. Aaron Kampman- Hopefully Capers realizes this guys hand needs to be in the ground a majority of the time. Kampman is a beast and when his hand was on the ground he was pressuring the quarterback almost everytime...drawing double teams as well. He also did well covering the tight ends and fullbacks.

3. Aaron Rodgers- Sacked 4 times was it? Other than that there were a couple times he held the ball too long BUT there were also times he made some (dare I say it) Favre-esque throws while being grabbed by a defender. I thought he was done for that one play where he was surrounded by defenders and then he made a nice short pass.

4. Receivers are catching the ball. Thank God. Jennings, Jones, and Driver were a success.

5. Jordy Nelson showing a glimpse of being a great KR player. Stupid hold, nice return.

6. Defense had a shutout, against a depleted offense. However, it is the NFL...I'll take the shutout.

7. Barnett continues to baffle me. I am pretty sure he was content with his play and sort of celebrated after the stupid face mask penalty. I am calling for his departure right now.

8. Clay Matthews- Bye bye Poppinga...this guy is a ball hawk and if he continues this play (I hope), defensive rookie of the year? Goldie locks.

Off topic....

9. Vikings pull another horse shoe out of their asses...this ruined my day. I was content with the 26-0 win.
UserPostedImage
Felipe7777777
14 years ago

Clay Mathews. Thank you for not pulling out a asshat-barnett samurai move after a good play.

"Timmons" wrote:

I agree 100% although i did see him tap the top of his wrist and then his helmet after the sacks dunno what that meant but WAY subtle compared to Barnett's crap he does everytime, i wonder what CMlll means though? lol
blank
Felipe7777777
14 years ago

3. Aaron Rodgers- Sacked 4 times was it? Other than that there were a couple times he held the ball too long BUT there were also times he made some (dare I say it) Favre-esque throws while being grabbed by a defender. I thought he was done for that one play where he was surrounded by defenders and then he made a nice short pass.

7. Barnett continues to baffle me. I am pretty sure he was content with his play and sort of celebrated after the stupid face mask penalty. I am calling for his departure right now.

8. Clay Matthews- Bye bye Poppinga...this guy is a ball hawk and if he continues this play (I hope), defensive rookie of the year? Goldie locks.

Off topic....

9. Vikings pull another horse shoe out of their asses...this ruined my day. I was content with the 26-0 win.

"AKamp74" wrote:

Yea wasn't too pleaed with the Sacks at all, although they were due to blown assignments rather than being outmuscled or beat on the 1 on 1's, (although still horrible, i think its better) and that one play where he was bouncing off defenders in the pocket like a ping-pong ball and completed the pass to BJACK (wow a BJack sighting? no wonder its cold here...)

I can admit i thought Barnett played ok, but the fact that he celebrates over dumb shit all the time pisses me off, or just how he celebrates period pisses me off its like alright you made the tackle you did your job now just let it go, ala LT (although he played offense but still i think it can compare) anytime he made/makes a TD he just throws/hands the ball to the ref, why cant he just tackle/sack and get up and get with his teammates and then get ready for the next play? i mean come on

CMlll is doom to Poppinga, if Matthews can be consistant then barring an injury i dont see poppinga getting any snaps or many...which is a good thing IMO

the Vikings getting lucky off that FG really dampened my day, however what made me laugh was ESPN's title saying "late favre heroics gets vikings Win" instead of "late-missed field goal gets these lucky fucks a win, i mean vikings a win" lol i mean seriously? get off the NOB!
blank
evad04
14 years ago

I will elaborate a bit more on this too. I don't think McCarthy does the running game any favors. I want you to try this next week. Predict running plays. I do it in the chat at times. I'm normally right.

Look at the tackles feet. On a run play and pass play. See a difference? Is it consistent?

Formation, 2FB, 1RB = most times, run or short quick pass.

I'd like to see more creativity out of our running formations. Throw some spread offense w/run out there. Mix it up and do it OFTEN. We have an explosive offense that can make up for lost ground.

In my little world, I think like this.
More runs do this ...
Better OL play. How? Because they ATTACK instead of react to getting rushed.
Defense gets worn down from getting HIT instead of teeing off.
Increases time of possession which keeps our defense more fresh.
And as Mike has said, running is about ATTITUDE! We need to have a no bullshit no nonsense attitude on this team. Beat people up! You do this by RUNNING THE BALL!!! (thats to the coach)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Well, ahem, it is a 2 FB/1 HB set. Naturally it's built for runs and short-quick passes (slants went to Finley and Jennings out of this formation, if I'm not mistaken).

I actually liked the production yesterday. People on here (not directed at you Zero) talk about football in fantasy terms, it seems. "I want a 100 yard rusher." That's all good and well. That would probably indicate a better performance from Grant as well as the o-line, and that would be something to celebrate. That said, our passing game is effective enough to get us wins as long as the running game did about as well as it did yesterday.

And hey, as long as we're talking about the inverted wishbone set, please remember McCarthy called a flea-flicker on 3rd and 1. If we're gonna criticize or question or lambaste the bad play calls, givem credit for the good ones.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Felipe7777777
14 years ago
^^^^Totally agree on that flea-flicker call i felt as if i was watching the 2007 patriots with that call, lol i was pleasently surprised
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I will elaborate a bit more on this too. I don't think McCarthy does the running game any favors. I want you to try this next week. Predict running plays. I do it in the chat at times. I'm normally right.

Look at the tackles feet. On a run play and pass play. See a difference? Is it consistent?

I'd like to see more creativity out of our running formations. Throw some spread offense w/run out there. Mix it up and do it OFTEN. We have an explosive offense that can make up for lost ground.

More runs do this ...
And as Mike has said, running is about ATTITUDE! We need to have a no bullshit no nonsense attitude on this team. Beat people up! You do this by RUNNING THE BALL!!! (thats to the coach)

"evad04" wrote:

Well, ahem, it is a 2 FB/1 HB set. Naturally it's built for runs and short-quick passes (slants went to Finley and Jennings out of this formation, if I'm not mistaken).

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You just restated my point. Ahem.
UserPostedImage
evad04
14 years ago

More runs do this ...

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"evad04" wrote:

You just restated my point. Ahem.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Stay with me. When you wrote "Formation, 2FB, 1RB = most times, run or short quick pass" you weren't making a "point." You were pointing out something somewhat obvious. Of course the 2FB/ 1 HB set most times is going to be a run or quick pass. You followed that with saying you'd like to see more creativity out of the running formations. I agree with that sentiment. I also think credit is deserved for using the inverted wishbone yesterday to: a) run b) throw the quick slants c) use the toss as a decoy for a flea-flicker.

The flea-flicker notion was the point I was trying to make. Yes, people expect the run or a quick slant out of the formation. We were able to make run AND pass effective yesterday in what is a run formation.

To me that indicates some creativity/willingness to mix things up. I'd like to see more, definitely. Liked what I saw yesterday, though.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (13h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (17h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.