PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

I'm just slightly confused that we are in this position. We picked Raji at number nine overall and he's barely made an impact this season. No, I'm not saying we shouldn't have picked him, I'm just saying in hindsight we might have been better off drafting a tackle at that spot.

"djcubez" wrote:

No doubt. I would have liked to pull the trigger earlier and got Oher, but we got beat by Baltimore. Now like the coaches, they just have to work with what has been dealt. I am still happy with our draft as far as Raji,Matthews go. Should Lang take over for now on at T. We could have just seen the best draft by the Packers since 2000.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I wanted Clifton gone this offseason and was disappointed that he made the final roster. I didn't think he had a prayer of being reliable, and thus far he hasn't been able to stay on his feet for more than a couple of consecutive weeks. Then after he went down with injury, I was pretty sure he'd be rushed back too fast and would promptly reaggravate the injury, because that's what almost always seems to happen with ankles, especially with linemen. People on this board scoff at ankle injuries, but the fact is they can render a man for all practical purposes lame.

So he goes down again. When are we going to reconcile ourselves to the obvious fact that Clifton is no longer the answer -- short term or long term -- to our offensive line woes? And now we want to put our faith in Tauscher, because he's been reliable in the past. I don't get it.

If Rodgers goes down with a season-ending -- or heaven forbid, a career-threatening -- injury, by God, I hope a mob storms the next stockholders meeting. I don't care what philosophy Mike McCarthy may have about showing confidence in his guys and forcing them to get the job done, the fact is they're failing miserably. He needs to find another solution.

25 sacks in 5 games. Pathetic.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

One question I have for the Ted Thompson apologists on this board - do you still defend him? Look what he's done to the OL. The thing is, he got rid of two overpriced and old Gs, but now we have overpriced and old Ts but they haven't been replaced. And if it's apparent that Cliffy is only a shell of what he once was...
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I definitely don't defend Ted Thompson when it comes to his decisions on the offensive line. We make scrubs look like All Stars. It's not acceptable.

I'm glad I don't develop emotional attachments to individual players. I won't shed a tear when Clifton and Tauscher finally get the axe.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

I definitely don't defend Ted Thompson when it comes to his decisions on the offensive line. We make scrubs look like All Stars. It's not acceptable.

I'm glad I don't develop emotional attachments to individual players. I won't shed a tear when Clifton and Tauscher finally get the axe.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I still don't get the hate for Tauscher. Besides being injured, what has he ever done for that attitude towards him. I understand Clifton and agree. He has been a penalty whore for years, and has had a hard time blocking for this being 3 years.

Tauscher is has done nothing but his job quietly and the best of all the Olineman. He hasn't been beaten often, never commited penalties, and was a constant player. Remember him running down field recovering fumbles. If he shows that he can't play, then there is reason to look for him to leave, but he has never shown he isn't capable of playing.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I still don't get the hate for Tauscher. Besides being injured, what has he ever done for that attitude towards him. I understand Clifton and agree. He has been a penalty whore for years, and has had a hard time blocking for this being 3 years.

Tauscher is has done nothing but his job quietly and the best of all the Olineman. He hasn't been beaten often, never commited penalties, and was a constant player. Remember him running down field recovering fumbles. If he shows that he can't play, then there is reason to look for him to leave, but he has never shown he isn't capable of playing.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

No hate. He's done fine in the past.

He's now probably done as an NFL player. Like Ahman Green. Love the guy. Wouldn't want him even as a 3rd stringer for us.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
nerdmann
14 years ago

Than I ever thought!

The interior line blew up. They were just terrible at blocking for both the run AND the pass and I am now becoming a believer in Rodgers' abilities.

I have been his fan but last two games showed that he also has the grit and the toughness to go with his passing ability.

It remains to be seen how well the line will block for him this season. IF they don't perform, what prevents Rodgers from wanting to move on to a team with a better Oline?

"obi1" wrote:

No way he makes it through the season at this rate.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
14 years ago

Why is Campen still employed with the Packers? Why?

"IronMan" wrote:

He ain't getting it done, that's for sure.
So, is it Campen or the zBS that is the problem? Personally, I don't think that false starts, not knowing where to line up and seemingly no one knowing who they're supposed to be blocking is NOT because of the zBS, as much as I do hate the zBS.
Seems like these Olinemen are taking it a bit lacksadaisically too, as far as staying on their blocks and whatnot.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
14 years ago

what prevents Rodgers from wanting to move on to a team with a better Oline?

"RainX" wrote:

The 6 year, 65 million dollar extension we signed him to last season that keeps him locked up through the 2014 season.

At this stage in the game, you might as well throw Lang out there for a start against Cleveland next week and see what he can do since Clifton is probably going to miss a couple of more games.

It's pretty depressing as to how good this team could be if they even had an average offensive line.

"obi1" wrote:

Seems like Cliffy is breaking down like KGB did last year. Hope the Oline doesn't melt down and cost us 10 games this year, like the Dline did last year.
But it sure ain't looking good.
nerdmann
14 years ago

what prevents Rodgers from wanting to move on to a team with a better Oline?

"obi1" wrote:

The 6 year, 65 million dollar extension we signed him to last season that keeps him locked up through the 2014 season.

At this stage in the game, you might as well throw Lang out there for a start against Cleveland next week and see what he can do since Clifton is probably going to miss a couple of more games.

It's pretty depressing as to how good this team could be if they even had an average offensive line.

"RainX" wrote:

I am speaking theoretically, and what prevents from other teams from calling? Vikings may be?

"obi1" wrote:

That would be tampering. There are rules against that.
nerdmann
14 years ago

This applies to the entire team, but I'd like to focus on the O line, since that is the subject of this topic.

Mike McCarthy needs to take penalties seriously. Enough pussyfooting around the issue. If you get a flag thrown on you, you get fined 100 dollars for each yard it cost the team (I would put a cap on that, no reason for someone to pay 6000 dollars for a Pass interference). In a game like today where the Packers were completely in control, he should have benched Clifton for three reasons.

1. Give him some rest so he doesn't kill himself
2. Penalties
3. Giving TJ Lang some experience

The same goes for anybody who makes a boneheaded penalty. If you lack discipline and are going to make dumb mistakes, sit your ass on the bench for at least a couple quarters and think about it. The downside is that we're running out of bodies to replace people with, especially at O line.

I'm also sick of Nick Barnett's swagger after plays in which he actually makes a tackle or doesn't commit a personal foul. You're mediocre at best this year and cost the team a LOT in penalties. Calm the heck down and save your energy for doing your job, rather than making an ass out of yourself.

I think that even if Clifton is ok to play the game next week, Lang should be in. At the very least, Lang could hold his own, and I saw some impressive push on some run plays, and pretty good blocking on passing downs. I think he's earned a start over an oft-flagged, injured Clifton. That ankle needs to get better more than we need him in the game.

"djcubez" wrote:

+1 good post. I completely agree. In a bigger game Clifton's four penalties would have killed us. Plus, we were pretty much going to win this game so why play the shit out of a such a hurt player when have guys like Lang that really need the experience?

"Porforis" wrote:

Speaking of which, I thought for SURE we would see Flynn. Why keep Rodgers in there? Does he need to get hit a few more times?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (3h) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (5h) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (6h) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (11h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (11h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (19h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (19h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (19h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (22h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (22h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Random Babble / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.