millertime
14 years ago

I don't think we should be a work in progress after he's had this many years to build this team.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Exactly!

After the Bears game, I said if Mike McCarthy doesn't find a way to protect Rodgers it will begin to raise questions on whether he and Ted Thompson are the right guys to lead this team. I was berated by most on this board as overreacting (which I definietly was!), but it seems like we are all getting on the same page. This is MM's fourth year and we are still facing the problems we faced in year one: poor offensive line play and a poor pass rush.

If he hasn't fixed it by now, I'm not sure he ever will. And it's really unfortunate because this team is close to being a contender.
Pack93z
14 years ago

they didn't even bother to bring in more lineman to gather options.. nothing..

"beast" wrote:

I heard they brought in Tausher and Jones (former starting LT for the Bengals) for a look...

Also I really think they should keep the starters at their spots. With Colledge, Spitz and Sitton in the middle they should be able to run the ball better (if Mike McCarthy is willing to stick with the running game).....

also Lang has looked better at OT (though he might of been getting more help than College was... not sure about that though)...

"pack93z" wrote:

Jones was brought in before the Viking game and yes they brought in Tauscher, but alas neither have been signed in a week where a fresh tackle could have been brought up to speed in the classroom, grant Tauscher doesn't really need that..

But with the wreak that the line has been, one would think Runyan would be looked at, no?

No instead of using the bye week effectively to strengthen a weakness of the team we are closing the bye week with no better options that we went into it with.

Some can say we are only four games into the season, thus is true, but I recall this line being questioned back into the 06 season.. granted then it was the interior and now the tackles... but 4 freaking year and the same happy horsepucky.. inconsistency at the line. Tell me I don't have a right to be fed up.. I call BS.

Listen, I think this guy, Ted has more positive marks than negative on the balance sheet of performance to date, but some of these negatives are sticking out like sore thumbs. Green giant sized through 4 games.

Is that all on Ted, absolutely not, hence why I have been calling for a change at the oline coach since the end of the 07 season.. yes the 07 season when we went 13-3.. the line has been a roller coaster since 06.. but it was clear that we lacked fundamentals in 07.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
longtimefan
14 years ago
I saw something...If they signed Mark NOW, they would be paying him for well not playing..So maybe they wait till Monday when players come back to have him signed and sealed..

Not saying I agree with that, cuz its sort of stupid to wait,but would be a reason?
Pack93z
14 years ago

I saw something...If they signed Mark NOW, they would be paying him for well not playing..So maybe they wait till Monday when players come back to have him signed and sealed..

Not saying I agree with that, cuz its sort of stupid to wait,but would be a reason?

"longtimefan" wrote:

They get paid for games, so I think it wouldn't be valid to say he would get a check for this week.. but even if they had to pay him.. so freaking be it.. having extra time to go over any of the scheme changes would be worth it.

But lets say we sign Mark.. that gives us a 2 deep option on the right with really Clifton and a green rook in Lang to cover the Left.. I think we are going to screw up Colledges progress inside if we keep this happy bs up with him getting acclimated to tackle again. Tackle from the rest of the line is so fundamentally different in your footwork..

It isn't like we don't have room to fix this thing on the roster either Blackmon to IR opens one spot and Breno being inactive weekly is a freaking joke.. put him on the PS.. he hasn't shown jack that should concern us that he won't make it through waivers. And the lord knows we have the cap room.. fix it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
paanderson86
14 years ago

Too be fair, you know he isn't going to publicly call out anybody or say anything bad. Any GM (well not the chargers GM) is going to be PC when talking to the media.

"sunflower100" wrote:

i agree completely with this statement. as the article up top says, the fact that he said anything at all just goes to show you that he is pretty pissed off at this point. i think that the media knows this, and the players sure as hell know this, and this was possibly meant to light a fire under their asses and make them realize that they need to fight for their jobs.
Green Bay: Home of the Green & Gold. And the hunter orange. And the camouflage.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Normally Ted Thompson is virtually silent during the season. Considering he's already amping up the rhetoric a bit, I wonder if this is a harbinger of major changes to come? People should realize they are playing for their jobs this season. If Aaron Rodgers in particular goes down with an injury this year, the Packers landscape will change drastically.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Personally, it is about damn time he shown his face this season and take some of the heat of this under performing line and team. Albeit this isn't a press conference where he could possibly answer some of the grinding questions.

Still not impressed that we pissed away the bye week..
cooolbeans08
14 years ago
I love how they tried to make the title of the article misleading. Here's the next line:

But at the same time, we feel like were a work in progress, and were going to get better.

And he's absolutely right. We thought we would be better, and we should improve.
blank
Silentio
14 years ago
What do you guys expect, for Thompson to throw the O-line, Ryan Grant, Dom Capers and McCarthy under a bus? He's the GM of an organization of grown men who expect that they'll be treated with respect by the guy who steers the ship. He's not going to talk to a journalist and call out his whole team, talk about how much it sucks, and talk about what a bad job he's done because he has to maintain a level of respect with his coaches and players. Respect means talking to people face to face, not going all passive aggressive and feeding the team to the media. He says what has to say to the guys publishing stories and he deals with his business where it belongs, face to face with the men he brought to this team.

If you want to know what Thompson really thinks get a job with the Packers.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

What do you guys expect, for Thompson to throw the O-line, Ryan Grant, Dom Capers and McCarthy under a bus?

"Silentio" wrote:

No, but I do expect him to get off his ass and do whatever it takes to fix this OL. Fix the OL and we get our money's worth for Ryan Grant and Dom Capers doesn't have his D on the field for 32-33 minutes a game.

As for MM, Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy are tied together. I have a feeling if one goes, the other gets fired as well.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (3h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (4h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (7h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (21h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.