go.pack.go.
14 years ago
Coltonja brings up a great point about how the locker room will be acting if we got rid of Kampy. They certainly wouldn't be happy, especially Charles Woodson.

However, I thought of one trade scenario....We could possibly trade him to Carolina for Julius Peppers (who WANTS to play in a 34) and Carolina could get what they want....a premier 43 pass rushing DE. I'm sure there would be some draft picks thrown in there too, but I'm not gonna worry about that right now.

I'm not saying I want this to go down, but that would make sense. Plus, we would get an extremely athletic player, who I think could easily make the transition.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

the team isn't going to just turn into a premier 3-4 defense overnight. i think it's too bad it's Kampman's contract year. if not, we would have the luxury of giving him the whole year to see what he can do. Because it's the final year in his contract, that whole decision-making timetable is accelerated because of that... He has looked lost out there many times, ironically, not so much on rushing plays but almost exclusively when he's asked to drop into coverage or rush the passer. not good.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Why can't our team turn into a premier 3-4 defense over night? SOMEHOW, Denver is doing it, and with arguably less talent. I understand that it's rare, but if Mike Nolan can do it in Denver with the talent he has, I can't imagine why we aren't at least in the top 10-12 in the league with the coaching staff we have.

I just don't understand.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

the team isn't going to just turn into a premier 3-4 defense overnight. i think it's too bad it's Kampman's contract year. if not, we would have the luxury of giving him the whole year to see what he can do. Because it's the final year in his contract, that whole decision-making timetable is accelerated because of that... He has looked lost out there many times, ironically, not so much on rushing plays but almost exclusively when he's asked to drop into coverage or rush the passer. not good.

"doddpower" wrote:

Why can't our team turn into a premier 3-4 defense over night? SOMEHOW, Denver is doing it, and with arguably less talent. I understand that it's rare, but if Mike Nolan can do it in Denver with the talent he has, I can't imagine why we aren't at least in the top 10-12 in the league with the coaching staff we have.

I just don't understand.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

I'm going to post the teams the Bronco's have played against. I do not know if this proves anything, but I read your post and it intrigued me. So here it goes... searching I go.

Packers - Bears, Bengals, Rams, Vikings - 15th overall defense
Broncos - Bengals, Browns, Raiders, Cowboys - 2nd overall defense

Now that its there, I'm not really sure what that's proved. I think at first glance I'm going to have to say the Packers have faced better offensive teams than the Bronco's have.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I just don't understand.

"doddpower" wrote:

I'm going to post the teams the Bronco's have played against. I do not know if this proves anything, but I read your post and it intrigued me. So here it goes... searching I go.

Packers - Bears, Bengals, Rams, Vikings - 15th overall defense
Broncos - Bengals, Browns, Raiders, Cowboys - 2nd overall defense

Now that its there, I'm not really sure what that's proved. I think at first glance I'm going to have to say the Packers have faced better offensive teams than the Bronco's have.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

I understand the argument, and somewhat agree with it. They have played a few weak teams. However, we have as well. The Cowboys offensive line is pretty damn good, yet the Bronco's owned them. Dumerville probably has more sacks then our whole team has.

Do I think Denver's defense will stay this way all year? No. However, they are pretty much owning games they should be (with the exception of the first game), and even some they probably shouldn't (Dallas). This is all with an offense with not as much as talent as ours, at least, such could be argued.

I don't think they will beat the Patriots. But still, they look sharp, aggressive, and hungry. At the very least, I'm not sure why we don't look that way. I believe something like three free agents were brought in to sure up their suspect secondary, along with some solid drafting. I mean, this is the team (Broncos) that was predicted to be the worst team in the league after the Cutler ordeal.

It's just frustrating to say the least. Seems like they are getting much more out of their talent then we are. That obviously falls on coaching.
bozz_2006
14 years ago
That is a great point dodd, and I know that you're a football guy, so you know how things work. You know that even if something looks perfect on paper, football is just too complex for it work for real just because it works on paper. yes, i'm frustrated as shit. i don't think it's fair. I don't want wait, i want the packers to be awesome now. but i'm trying to recognize that some things take time. I know we have some excellent football players and excellent athletes on our defense that just look lost right now. They're still excellent football players, and i hope they can figure it out sooner rather than later.

In conclusion, yeah, it blows. it blows good and hard.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
14 years ago

That is a great point dodd, and I know that you're a football guy, so you know how things work. You know that even if something looks perfect on paper, football is just too complex for it work for real just because it works on paper. yes, i'm frustrated as shit. i don't think it's fair. I don't want wait, i want the packers to be awesome now. but i'm trying to recognize that some things take time. I know we have some excellent football players and excellent athletes on our defense that just look lost right now. They're still excellent football players, and i hope they can figure it out sooner rather than later.

In conclusion, yeah, it blows. it blows good and hard.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Yeah. Let's hope it gets fixed soon. I want to come out guns blazing after our bye week. Gain some confidence. I'd love to see a pick 6 by Kampman in the regular season.

It's one thing to get beat. But to get beat and to have no fire is another.
Tezzy
14 years ago
I still think Kampman will be vital to our defensive success as we continue to grow into the 3-4. It's been 3 games, and the last thing I want to do is sacrifice talent for the sake of our fears of the oline not being addressed. For all we know, Kampman has played his role excellent, and putting someone else there could hurt our defense further. Since I'm not in talks with Kampman or the FO about how we are going to deal with him contractually, I'm not ready for him to be traded.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Hmm, maybe we could trade him to Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch? They seem to be pleased with Fred Jackson.

No team in their right mind would give up a starting OT who knows the scheme for a DE that lost weight to become a LB, and has been ineffective all year. Well, wait.... does Oakland have any good linemen?

"millertime" wrote:

Wow. I watched Marshawn Lynch at Cal and he's a stud. If we can upgrade the RB position, imagine the possibilities.

I do think a team will take a shot with Kampy. He's got a studly history, and everyone knows his situation. He can gain that weight right back if he had to. Everyone knows his work ethic.

I'd hate to see Kampy go though, but we'd improve overnight with a solid OT.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Hmm, maybe we could trade him to Buffalo for Marshawn Lynch? They seem to be pleased with Fred Jackson.

No team in their right mind would give up a starting OT who knows the scheme for a DE that lost weight to become a LB, and has been ineffective all year. Well, wait.... does Oakland have any good linemen?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Wow. I watched Marshawn Lynch at Cal and he's a stud. If we can upgrade the RB position, imagine the possibilities.

I do think a team will take a shot with Kampy. He's got a studly history, and everyone knows his situation. He can gain that weight right back if he had to. Everyone knows his work ethic.

I'd hate to see Kampy go though, but we'd improve overnight with a solid OT.

"millertime" wrote:

Marshawn's not one of the top 5 backs or anything, but he's such a hard runner and, when watching his stats, take in mind that he has been running behind a comparable O-line (Except for LT) and is just such a hard runner.

That said, I wouldn't take this trade. I think that Kampman would be more valuable at this point than Lynch, but that's just me.
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Rock - I wouldn't either. It would be "intriguing" though.

I would take a solid OT for Kampy though, as long as we don't trade Kampy to anyone in the NFC North or the Cows. I don't want to face him. Kampy's a beast.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (10h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.