Stevetarded
14 years ago
At the time to me it looked more like he pulled his pass back at the last second instead of doing a pump fake.
blank
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Even the slants that are being run are not the same as what Brett ran, or what Jerry Rice always caught in SF. Those were 3 yards slants that would end up 7-10 or longer gains.

The plays that are being run now, are 7-10 yard slants to begin with. The quickest slant that I have seen this year, is Finley's TD.

Our passing game use to be better than a run game, because those 3 yards slants for a gain of 7 put us in short yardage most of the time. We need to get back to those passes. I can't say for sure what plays are being called, but I haven't seen those types of passes, so either we are running plays different, or Rodgers is ignoring the first option on the slant.

Time to clean all the wifes soaps off the DVR so I can record the full game and go back and try to see the routes being run to see if it is Aaron or McCarthy.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
porky88
14 years ago
In 07, Favre also had Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher who are two tackles playing tackle. Rodgers has two guards playing tackle. It also doesn't help that Clifton is getting up there in age.

Now of course Favre is going get rid of the ball faster, he has one of the quickest releases in the game EVER. That seldom goes away. I bet Dan Marion still has his release.

Get used to Rodgers not dumping it off right away or throwing it away right away. It won't happen. He hangs on the ball along time because he's keeping the play alive. That's what he does. Ben Roethlisberger does the same thing and has two rings. Is he not making progress?

As far as that goes, Rodgers has made tremendous progress since becoming a starter. I've watched some of those first four games from a year ago as opposed to this year and quite frankly, Rogers is a lot better. No question about it. His reads are better, he's more confident, he's going down field and he has much more control over the game.

I know it's been said over and over, but 2.5 seconds is not enough time. Even for Favre. You're not winning games that way. You can't call plays every single time that take 2.5 seconds to develop. The defense isn't going to not do something about it. They'll adjust accordingly.

Get some tackles playing tackle and you'll see an improvement in the line. Rodgers will be the same and that's just fine. He's already one of the best players on the team.

For the record, Warren Moon is a top ten QB of all-time IMO.
Greg C.
14 years ago
Up until this game, I didn't think Rodgers had much to do with the sacks. There were only a couple that I thought were his fault for holding the ball too long. But in this game there were at least three or four. I was disappointed with the quality of his play against the Vikings, in spite of all the yards he racked up.

But he's being asked to do too much. Favre played great, but partly it was because he was able to play within himself. There was no pressure on him at all. It's ironic that right now Favre is playing like the ultimate "system" QB while Aaron Rodgers is having to play sandlot football.
blank
dhazer
14 years ago
RedSox hit something i was thinking about, how many times was Rodgers sacked this year after he makes a pump fake? I have the game on dvr and i know on the safety he did pump fake but i think there were more times.

I just hope we do something with the bye week to fix the problems we have or man will Ted Thompson be hiding alot if we lose to the Lions.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago
I will make a point here about the sacks and does Rodgers contribute to that and stats don't mean much when you don't win.

Get the PRESSURE OFF THE GUY. O.K? Sure, we can look back at replay and say "oh gee, he had a half a second there before he was hit when he could have got rid of it."

So what? He STILL would have been PRESSURED before he could have gotten rid of the ball and that leads to the two negative things that can happen vs. one positive. He either throws incomplete or an interception,or, dumps the ball off short for a completion.

So if out of 20 sacks say 6 are on him that's still 6 times he would have been heavily pressured and had to make a split second throw to a safety valve just prior to getting nailed.

The likelyhoold of him basically performing all but PERFECTLY in this scenario probably leads to no better results in terms of the record. Salvaging a few dump off passes to TE's and Rb's for three yards a couple of times a game ain't going to result in a win.

So for those that aren't impressed with stats and want to see wins then GET THEM OFF THE GUY regardless of whether it's a sack or heavy pressure at least to a degree that could be considered AVERAGE in this league.

You want the guy to win when he's sacked, knocked down, or, flushed out of the pocket three times as much as anybody else out there.

Geesh. Why don't you just plant a wind turbin on his helmet and let him provide all power for Green Bay while your at it.
"The train is leaving the station."
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I think the whole thought of get off Rodgers because he's not perfect is way over board. I don't think anyone has mentioned anything remotely close to implying that Rodgers IS the problem. What we are saying (and this is jus my opinion of what I've said an read) is that we'd like to see the man throw the ball a bit quicker to avoid the pressure.

Someone else said this too, if we're going to be bitching about his releasing the ball too late, and that's the biggest gripe, then we're in pretty damn good hands at QB. I agree with that and feel the same. BUT, just because he does 9 things right, doesn't mean I'm going to NOT say something about the one thing he does wrong.

I think his mobility is great. He has good arm strength, OVERALL good decision making, good accuracy, but I think he needs more experience to learn the defenses better and to hit his hot read's faster. it will come in time. No one is throwing the man to wolves, just simply stating a fact. He needs to play hot potato with that ball sometimes.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago

BUT, just because he does 9 things right, doesn't mean I'm going to NOT say something about the one thing he does wrong.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Nailed it. +1.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Just a little follow up.

There are no hot reads in football when getting rushed with 4 dlineman.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
yooperfan
14 years ago
Rodgers is not the problem her folks.
He is one of the few bright spots we have on this team.

Now that i mentioned "TEAM", until, he has a team around him how can you expect much more out of the guy!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.