TengoJuego
14 years ago

Aaron's main fault was that interception. That one he should not have thrown.

The fumble he had, I mean, if you are getting sandwiched by 2 d-lineman at full speed with no protection..chances are...the ball falls out.

Bottom line is that we lost, yes.

BUT..the frustrating thing for me personally is that if they went
for the field gold at 4th and goal...it would be a 7 point game
and Aaron's last meaningful drive would've been for the tying score.

That would've been a totally different outcome. I blame that one on McCarthy.

As for the sacks and the O-line disintegration..
Hats off to Aaron to play under such duress..

Hat's off to Brett Favre for whining/manipulating/coddling/loathing his way
back to having everyone talk about him. Can't knock his hustle.

Did you guys catch that Brett didn't even refer to Aaron by his first name?

"THEIR quaterback played pretty good"
I'm not even sure that was a compliment, but a dig.

I wan't wait till the Vikings come to Lambeau.
Aaron won't lose to Favre twice. Just wait.

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

Aaron took a good 2 or 3 sacks(maybe more) just because he was holding the ball for too long. You cant expect any line to block an All-Pro rusher for any significant amount of time. Let alone backup linemen.

I saw him throw the ball away twice I think. You HAVE to take the incompletion over the sack.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Fumble, forgivable.
Interception, gotta do better, but really it's his first of the year.
Taking too long, good coverage causes that and he was trying to make a play. Yes, I'd rather him run it or chuck it away instead of risk getting hit.
Favre, he gave Rodgers a hug right after the game and complimented him in the conference. The 'their qb' thing is under the bridge for me now.

WB Cal2.
UserPostedImage
porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
I just don't know what game people were watching. I guess everyone sees things differently. Watch the highlights of Allen beating the tackles. It's just pathetic. There is no way Rodgers can do anything especially when the entire pocket is collapsing. He's certainly not an innocent bystander by no means, but he's far from the blame. There is no way you can defend the offensive line and say "well Rodgers is holding the ball too long"

If you want to defend the o-line point to Ted Thompson. There are two tackles on this roster. Clifton who is hurt and Breno G who is a practice squad player like Pack93 said. Everyone else is a guard. They've got two guards playing tackle right now. They shouldn't put their players in that position.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I just don't know what game people were watching. I guess everyone sees things differently. Watch the highlights of Allen beating the tackles. It's just pathetic. There is no way Rodgers can do anything especially when the entire pocket is collapsing. He's certainly not an innocent bystander by no means, but he's far from the blame. There is no way you can defend the offensive line and say "well Rodgers is holding the ball too long"

If you want to defend the o-line point to Ted Thompson. There are two tackles on this roster. Clifton who is hurt and Breno G who is a practice squad player like Pack93 said. Everyone else is a guard. They've got two guards playing tackle right now. They shouldn't put their players in that position.

"porky88" wrote:

There's no way you're trying to imply I'm defending the OL, none. Impossible. Maybe I should be more clear since it's not apparent already. There were a few times I think Rodgers held the ball too long. I never said it was every play, never said the OL was not at fault, never ... NEVER said anything remotely close to that. In watching the game again I saw three plays where he held the ball too long and got sacked cuz of it. Did I see the down field coverage? Nope. But I'd like to have him throw it away at times like those.

I don't know squat about OL's, but I know how to play the QB position better than any position on the field. So, I tend to be overly critical over little things at times. I don't know why I'm saying this for the 492nd time, but that's my stance. Also, as I've said before, I'd rather Rodgers as my QB than most other QB's.

And if that quote was not geared towards me, just disregard my post. hah.

Oh, and Allen beating our tackles was pathetic. Colledge looked like a boy against a man. I'm leaning more towards he's a G, not a T as I've said for years.
UserPostedImage
porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

There's no way you're trying to imply I'm defending the OL, none. Impossible.

"porky88" wrote:

No No No

I meant the post above yours. Your view was clearly stated when you said that it's insult to joke to say our offensive line is a joke. :thumbleft:
dingus
14 years ago

The fumble he had, I mean, if you are getting sandwiched by 2 d-lineman at full speed with no protection..chances are...the ball falls out.

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

Yeah, Their Quarterback, I caught that too. There's some petty bullshit for ya.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

There's no way you're trying to imply I'm defending the OL, none. Impossible.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No No No

I meant the post above yours. Your view was clearly stated when you said that it's insult to joke to say our offensive line is a joke. :thumbleft:

"porky88" wrote:

lol ... it's true tho ... our OL sucks. I talked to Barry and he said even he couldn't get 100 yards rushing behind our OL.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago
Ok so watched the full game now; here is my take:

- First drive actually looked real good. Finley had a nice catch or 2 (cant remember if he got 2 there). Grant had a nice run (for a change). IMO the opening drive looked Awesome; nice screen passes and little passes to keep the pressure off rodgers. Now the whole allen strip and fumble; I watched that play in real time. I dont blame rodgers for bringing the ball in close and looking to take the sack there. Allen came at him quick; and IMO too quick for him to throw it away. Mike McCarthy usually doesnt red flag calls that are quite clear; so thats a bit of a flub.

- We already have 2-3 penalties on us already; now granted they may be legit. But I feel I am seeing ref bias already. The play before the viks score; rice had a really nice hold on harris that would of erased like 20 yards (almost a 10 yard run and -10 on the hold) but no the refs didnt call it.

- I saw kuhn get a running call; Great. I like the mix up of plays; instead of Always pounding it to grant and getting little ground.

- Holy shit; I just saw the pass to a wide-open finley. That run was beautiful. That guy is a totally different receiver then last year. Great extension toward the goal line also. That play deserves a A+
The viks also blitzed arod there.

- I saw a tackle on driver outside of bounds - wonder if that would of been called on gb if we would of done that.

- Rodgers throw was off the mark and put more into a position where winfield would of caught that then jennings. So I put that one on rodgers.

- it looked like they both were wrestleing ie that call on woodson - but its called on the pack ... so far no penalties on the viks

- the big throw to berrian; I cant tell if the blame should of been on harris or the safety or if its a problem with the scheme so its more of a zone coverage now. Either way that play cost us.

- the third sack; I blame on rodgers ... pocket was collapsing from what I could see wynn was open but it appeared he was looking for a farther distant target (and thats when he got sacked).

- Holy shit (again); clay matthews rips the football out and runs down the field. Man that was a awesome play.

- Last drive of the 2nd quarter; coverage seemed to be lacking. Harvin was wide open.

- OK the 'holding' call on woodson. BS ... winfield was playing on our guy just as close. This was total BS. So 2 penalties here ...
Very next play that they score on there is another penalty on GB ... So let me get this straight ... there are no penalties on MN? ... so my question is are they that good or are the refs in love with favre

- To be honest I give the pack credit for the 1st 1/2. They did really well and IMO just a bit better then the viks. From holding peterson to just a few plays. To makeing some key plays. The things that they had problems with were of course the pick and the slack coverage on the receivers. The strip I dont blame rodgers on that one.

I wonder what the score would of been like if GB didnt have all those penalties. I'm guessing 21/7 GB favor. Mike McCarthy looked a bit pissed during the game I think he was pissed off about all these penalties being called on his team and none on the viks.

- 2nd 1/2 started with an inability to rush favre. Then the pass to berrian; now again I dont know if its harris or the safety's fault for leaving him so open. I think harris just thought the ball was headed out of bounds but barrian nabs it. That was all us there.

- 2nd time in a row a holding penalty on the return ... I want to know if these are really holds or just things the refs are calling to hold the pack down.

- I got to say vikings fans suck - booing all the legit calls and cheering for all the bad calls.

- Rodgers hold of the ball is a bit too long; but I love the way Mike McCarthy is using screens finally to take pressure off rodgers. Finally

- Lee's drop ... ouch

- not much else of note till the end of the game cept for sacks ...

I say GG for the pack

- things that need to be addressed; pressure to the QB and the Oline.

- things I liked - Finley and matthews 2 thumbs up. Mike McCarthy 2 thumbs up with running more screens.

2 thumbs down for the refs (saw it last week with the Mn vs SF and they are at it again here.) SF actually had it worse IMO.
RedSoxExcel
14 years ago

"dingus" wrote:

Yeah, Their Quarterback, I caught that too. There's some petty bullshit for ya.

"Cal2GreenBay" wrote:

I think in the Press Conference after he referred to his name. He complimented him a bunch of times actually.

He did also say that Al Harris is used to playing press and now he's asked to do something else which I found interesting as it seems like a jab at Capers.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Rodgers might not lose twice to Favre, but the rest of the team might.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (11h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.