Zero2Cool
14 years ago
We don't need McCarthy anymore. He's done a good job developing Rodgers. We need to find a Head Coach to play the role of Head Coach instead of a overwhelmed Offensive Coordinator playing the role of Head Coach for us.
UserPostedImage
K_Buz
14 years ago

overwhelmed Offensive Coordinator playing the role of Head Coach for us.

That might be the best description of our head coach I have seen.

+1
GermanGilbert
14 years ago

4) Why in hell did we challenge the Rodger's fumble? All it did was take away a challenge that could have possibly helped us later in the game, use up a timeout, and fire up the Vikings fans even more than they already were.

"K_Buz" wrote:

with this challenge the packers kept it a two score game, what would have been a three score game for sure, since it would have been 1st and goal at the 2. excellent call, imo.

being the hc, i would have called to go for on 4th and goal, too. in the end the fg might have saved us the game (no onside kick needed), but at that time the packers couldn't stop the vikings at all (besides 1 3 and out and the matthews strip).
blank
14 years ago
I think the reason the Rodgers fumble was challenged was because McCarthy knew damn well that when a QB is in the grasp of a defender, and another defender is bearing down on him, the play is IMMEDIATELY dead. Unfortunately, that's not something that you can challenge. I bet he just used it as a tool to bitch at the refs about their horrible inability to implement the rule book on the field.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago

We don't need McCarthy anymore. He's done a good job developing Rodgers. We need to find a Head Coach to play the role of Head Coach instead of a overwhelmed Offensive Coordinator playing the role of Head Coach for us.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I can't really go along with this. I think McCarthy is coaching his butt off trying to deal with a horrible O line right now. Considering Lee dropped a sure TD that would have ultimately lead to us scoring 30 and putting up almost 500 yards I'm not sure what you want. Add to the fact Rodgers held on to the ball to long on the fumble and the int down in scoring position and there's more points with just decent execution.

I would like to see another HC or OC keep a game winnable when you have 8 freaking sacks and the defense isn't doing much of anything.
"The train is leaving the station."
IronMan
14 years ago

I would like to see another HC or OC keep a game winnable when you have 8 freaking sacks and the defense isn't doing much of anything.

"warhawk" wrote:

Isn't MM's JOB to make sure his QB doesn't get sacked 20 times in 4 games? You act as if he has no control over what happens on the field. Its his freaking job. HE'S responsible for it.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

"warhawk" wrote:

I can't really go along with this. I think McCarthy is coaching his butt off trying to deal with a horrible O line right now. Considering Lee dropped a sure TD that would have ultimately lead to us scoring 30 and putting up almost 500 yards I'm not sure what you want. Add to the fact Rodgers held on to the ball to long on the fumble and the int down in scoring position and there's more points with just decent execution.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

You're not sure what I want? How about IMPROVEMENT! How about not the same bullshit line week after week about we'll clean it up. I want RESULTS, WINS! It's not hard to understand that.

I'm sick of the excuses. We did this with that and this and that. Who gives a damn? We LOST, again. Is it 100% McCarthy? I don't believe so, but I do feel a change is needed. I was behind him since he got here, but I'm not buying into his program anymore and the main issue I have ... I don't think his players are. And when players are not buying into the program, the coach needs to step it up. He's not stepping up.

We need to stop this thinking of 'WOW look how good we did with eight sacks, two turn overs and we still were in the game!!' Correction, no one needs to stop thinking that, but I sure as hell won't be that naive. The Vikings were toying with us. They had us and they knew it.

edit, One of my beefs with McCarthy is I don't think he can adjust. I think he's bullheaded and too stubborn to change things up to do what is necessary to win the game. I think he continues to squeeze a rock for water tighter and tighter hoping to get a drip when there's nothing there.

edit2, about holding the ball too long. Question, what is McCarthy heralded for? His QB coaching!!!! And yet this is still an issue. You picking up on the theme? (not trying to be a prick here, my frustration is with McCarthy)
UserPostedImage
TengoJuego
14 years ago

Fun game to watch

UserPostedImage
porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
I as well always felt that McCarthy was an OC pretending to be an HC. Think Norv Turner.

Would I replace him with Jon Gruden or Mike Holmgren?

Yeah I probably would. I said that awhile back. I think McCarthy is way too stubborn for his own good. I hate to imagine what he must of been like as a child.

I don't think that is going to happen though. I think Thompson and McCarthy would end up going together and unforunately, Green Bay is not bad enough for them to lose their jobs. They loss to a good team. Remember that and the Bengals are even 3-1 right now, so the Packers are still probably just good enough (eight wins) to retaining these guys again for another season.
Cal2GreenBay
14 years ago
Aaron's main fault was that interception. That one he should not have thrown.

The fumble he had, I mean, if you are getting sandwiched by 2 d-lineman at full speed with no protection..chances are...the ball falls out.

Bottom line is that we lost, yes.

BUT..the frustrating thing for me personally is that if they went
for the field gold at 4th and goal...it would be a 7 point game
and Aaron's last meaningful drive would've been for the tying score.

That would've been a totally different outcome. I blame that one on McCarthy.

As for the sacks and the O-line disintegration..
Hats off to Aaron to play under such duress..

Hat's off to Brett Favre for whining/manipulating/coddling/loathing his way
back to having everyone talk about him. Can't knock his hustle.

Did you guys catch that Brett didn't even refer to Aaron by his first name?

"THEIR quaterback played pretty good"
I'm not even sure that was a compliment, but a dig.

I wan't wait till the Vikings come to Lambeau.
Aaron won't lose to Favre twice. Just wait.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (21h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (22h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.