istanbulpacker
14 years ago

Favre, however, beat the Packers defense. GB stopped the run and dared Favre to beat them and he did. You got give the old guy credit. Minnesota doesn't win this game without Favre and I guess that's what I mean by him beating them.

"porky88" wrote:

You are right. Without him, they wouldn't have won. With him, they still could have lost if we didn't leave the points on the field that you mentioned or if we didn't beat ourselves. I think we are saying the same thing in different ways.

Yes, though, kudos to Brett Favre for being nearly 40 and still performing at such a high level.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Swap O-lines in this game....who wins? Was that the only reason? Rodgers w/ 100 more yds passing. 1 less TD, 1 more turnover. I think it would still be a close game.
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

I was texting my friend who is a Bears fan late in the game that I thought Rogers would be scary if he had an O Line, he beat me to it. That, coming from a Bears fan, says volumes. With even the semblance of an O Line we win that game.

"dingus" wrote:

I said earlier this year that Rodgers was a top 5 QB. I took it back. Now, I take that back that I took it back. Rodgers is a top 5 QB. Imagine what he'd do with an OL.

Now, take who you think is better and swap places - Rodgers in their line, the people who you think are better behind our line. How would they fare?

Both Rodgers and Favre were superb tonight. It was fun watching both of them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

Favre, however, beat the Packers defense. GB stopped the run and dared Favre to beat them and he did. You got give the old guy credit. Minnesota doesn't win this game without Favre and I guess that's what I mean by him beating them.

"istanbulpacker" wrote:

You are right. Without him, they wouldn't have won. With him, they still could have lost if we didn't leave the points on the field that you mentioned or if we didn't beat ourselves. I think we are saying the same thing in different ways.

Yes, though, kudos to Brett Favre for being nearly 40 and still performing at such a high level.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Swap O-lines in this game....who wins? Was that the only reason? Rodgers w/ 100 more yds passing. 1 less TD, 1 more turnover. I think it would still be a close game.

"porky88" wrote:

Swap offensive lines, GB wins in a blow out. Take Favre out and Jackson and Rosenfals don't have the game Favre had today either so I think GB wins in either scenario, but the fact is, Minnesota went out and got Favre and built at least an average offensive line. They played great tonight, but I don't think they're as good as a pass blocking offensive line as what they showed tonight. They overachieved there.

Great run blocking line though, just not tonight. Kinda ironic.
Stevetarded
14 years ago
You can't play zone coverage with no pass rush. Brady Quinn would have shredded the secondary tonight.
blank
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Steve Hutchinson is the best OL in the league. Shaun Alexander was the best running back in the league while Hutchinson played in Seattle. Then Hutchinson moved to Minnesota, Alexander started stinking, and Peterson/Taylor started tearing shit up.
This is a placeholder
14 years ago
thoughts? Rodgers gave up anywhere from 6 to 14 easy points. our O-Line is dead. shot. fucked. our sexy 3-4 defense means NOTHING. i repeat...NOTHING.

we have a long fucking road ahead of us.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Cheesey
14 years ago
Istanbul....yes, the PI call on the INT was bull. But the reason i'm not upset with that was there was a second penalty on us on that play, so even if the PI wasn't called, the play wouldn't have counted and the Queens would have still kept the ball.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
14 years ago
Last Nights defeat was a kick in the nits but I agree with the sentiment that Favre played nearly a perfect game. We all know how Favre is. Some days he shows up and is unstoppable, then other games he will give the other team 2 interceptions trying to make an unnecessary play. I think we had the right game plan last night. Stop AP and roll the dice on which Favre is going to show up. Unfortunately for us, Hall of fame, 3 time MVP Favre came to play.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Dulak
14 years ago

Stop AP and roll the dice on which Favre is going to show up. Unfortunately for us, Hall of fame, 3 time MVP Favre came to play.

"dyeah_gb" wrote:

and some of our DBs were playing like shit - I didnt get to see most of the game. But the part I did see was of harris getting beat or his blown coverages multiple times.

Heck that berriman TD throw harris looked like some rookie DB not even close to him. Where is the bump and run; where is the best DB in the NFL?

you ever see his vid?

[youtube]FCOoADWuezY[/youtube]

After I watch the full game Ill have more commentary. Keeping AP down to 50 some yards is awesome thou!
K_Buz
14 years ago
I don't say much on this board, but I have to get some things out otherwise I run the risk of blowing up.

1) Our defense (with the exception of Woodson) cannot get itself off the field by itself. It needs a mistake by the opposing team's offense to do that.

2) Penalties. MY GOD. Does it ever end?
2a) Does it seem like the Packers get screwed by the refs more than any other team?

examples:
-Chillar's taunt vs. Donald Driver getting thrown to the ground 5 yds out of bounds.
-PI on Woodson (I know there was an offsides penalty, but come on)

3) Our o-line would have a hard time blocking a intramural flag football defensive line. This isn't a new gripe by any means, but it has to be said anyway. We have tried the ZBS for 4 years now and it still isn't coming close to working. Its time to give it up.

4) Why in hell did we challenge the Rodger's fumble? All it did was take away a challenge that could have possibly helped us later in the game, use up a timeout, and fire up the Vikings fans even more than they already were.

5) Can we stop hearing about Al Harris being one of the top corners in the league? He has been burned on numerous occasions this year and last.

6) Clay Matthews. Fuck...that strip was a BEAST of a play. I was speechless.

I have plenty more I could say, but I'm just too tired and disappointed with the TEAM to go on. I'm not even sure they are a playoff caliber team this year. I guess, for me, the silver lining is that if we miss the playoffs, we may just see the ousting of Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy...something I've been waiting for for the past 2+ years.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (15h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.