obi1
14 years ago
I actually thought that the Packers looked better than I thought they would. I was shocked at how we neutralized A and I think the Packer D did what they were SUPPOSED to do... PUT the burden on Favre.

I think now we see and feel how fans of other teams felt for 16 years when their team lost a hard fought game to us...

Rodgers need to check down or run more though the Oline gave up 8 sacks, Rodgers also makes them look bad by holding onto the ball too long.

I am not defending the Oline because they do stink but some of those sacks were because of Rodgers holding the ball too long
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

Last Nights defeat was a kick in the nits

"dyeah_gb" wrote:

You have head lice? Ewww . . . :magnifyglass:
UserPostedImage
Yerko
14 years ago
Packers vs. Vikings....hmmm.

1. I am still sour because the Packers lost. A loss is a loss, is a loss...and it sucks, especially to a division rival.

2. Going to start with the ole offensive line. Suck it up you big pansies. I don't give a shit if you play here and have to play there because of injuries. Play your asses off and it will somewhat pay off in the end (more than what it is now). I have never seen such a disgusting offensive line in my life.

3. Rodgers- please...please...please either throw the ball away or use the mobility God has blessed you with. You know you have a faulty, pathetic offensive line so use your brain and RUN! (Good game other than that by the way).

4. Defense. Whether it is Capers or the personnel..what the hell happened to our amazing pass defense?
No pass rush.
I saw very minimal blitz packages.
Al Harris was picking his ass out there.
Props to stopping Adrian Peterson.

5. Special teams. Holy friggin' ballsack. Two AMAZING onside kick attempts by Crosby. Those were just beautiful and should be used at every high school and college to show for learning purposes.....oh wait....NOBODY WAS LOOKING FOR THE BALL!!! Seriously, pathetic. Did they not want the ball back.
Props to Crosby.

6. I am standing strong with this regardless of what others think. Nick Barnett needs to go. He does nothing special....at least nothing more than what Bishop can probably do. Any tackle he makes is an assisted tackle, he blew simple coverage on the play action pass in the red zone for a touchdown. Find a team that wants him and is willing to give up a decent pick or offensive lineman.

Positives.
1. Rodgers. Still threw for 384 yards...I don't know how with that p.o.s. offensive line we have.

2. Jermichael Finley. I think we found our best tight end Monday Night....for a long time, if he keeps this up. He has the size of a tight end and plays like a wide receiver. A beautiful thing to see.

3. Clay Matthews. Ball hawk. Execution. Glad to have him. All I can say.

4. TJ Lang. People might hate me for this one. I saw some bright spots for this kid. He is a rookie and performed well against an elite defensive end. An elite tired defensive end.....but imagine what was going through this kids head.

Just saw Zero say Tauscher had some set backs in the fan shout...why not give Lang a shot at RT if Clifton is healthy come the game against the Lions?
UserPostedImage
Timmons
14 years ago
I have some thoughts. It wasn't Brett Favre that beat us. Any QB in the league would have beat us. We had no pass rush and Brett had plenty of time to throw.

That and he's got the best RB in the game behind him. Brett's great and all, but this wasn't his brilliance showing through, it was that we suck ass. Both of our lines need help. We must defend the QB, and rush the QB. All else is for naught.
blank
yooperfan
14 years ago

We don't need McCarthy anymore. He's done a good job developing Rodgers. We need to find a Head Coach to play the role of Head Coach instead of a overwhelmed Offensive Coordinator playing the role of Head Coach for us.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Ah, just what I've been saying for the last year.
Nobody agreed then but I'll agree with you now.
+ 1!
obi1
14 years ago

We don't need McCarthy anymore. He's done a good job developing Rodgers. We need to find a Head Coach to play the role of Head Coach instead of a overwhelmed Offensive Coordinator playing the role of Head Coach for us.

"yooperfan" wrote:

+ 1!

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

So who do U have in mind to replace him?
blank
yooperfan
14 years ago

"obi1" wrote:

+ 1!

"yooperfan" wrote:

So who do U have in mind to replace him?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Last year what I was proposing was keeping McCarthy as head Coach and hiring a real offensive coordinator.
A head coach should be the head coach of the whole team.
To me what he is doing is akin to a guy being GM and HC.

This year I'm not sure I want to even keep him.
His same old line about getting some things fixed is wearing real thin with me because nothing seems to ever get fixed no matter how mant times he says it.
LambeauEast
14 years ago

5. Special teams. Holy friggin' ballsack. Two AMAZING onside kick attempts by Crosby. Those were just beautiful and should be used at every high school and college to show for learning purposes.....oh wait....NOBODY WAS LOOKING FOR THE BALL!!! Seriously, pathetic. Did they not want the ball back.
Props to Crosby.

"AKamp74" wrote:

I really thought I maybe just imagined this when I saw it TWICE, but YES, I agree 100%!!! Two of the most beautiful onside kicks you will ever see, and NO ONE was looking for the ball! The exact same guy gets it both times...REALLY?!

That and the going for it on 4th and goal instead of kicking the field goal. I even said in the chat "I don't like this!". Get that FG and we're just trying to get a tying TD at the end.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.