ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago
I agree. Maybe not now (unless they can get Jags in, like, yesterday), but he's got to go.

And if they don't bring some FA tackles in during the bye, you'll be able to find me over with DHazer calling for Thompson's head. This is full-on unacceptable.

That was just embarrassing. And yeah, Aaron held the ball too long in some instances - I'll always take a sack over a pick, and if anyone thinks getting beat to shit game after game doesn't take a toll, you're nuts. This line is now affecting our QB's game. So wrong.

And I'll add that I sincerely hope that Brandon Jackson is healthy after the bye - the OL is utter crap, but Grant's running like a little girl out there.
blank
evad04
14 years ago

I agree. Maybe not now (unless they can get Jags in, like, yesterday), but he's got to go.

And if they don't bring some FA tackles in during the bye, you'll be able to find me over with DHazer calling for Thompson's head. This is full-on unacceptable.

That was just embarrassing. And yeah, Aaron held the ball too long in some instances - I'll always take a sack over a pick, and if anyone thinks getting beat to shit game after game doesn't take a toll, you're nuts. This line is now affecting our QB's game. So wrong.

And I'll add that I sincerely hope that Brandon Jackson is healthy after the bye - the OL is utter crap, but Grant's running like a little girl out there.

"ILikeThePackers39" wrote:

You had me until the Ryan Grant line. If we attribute basically every deficiency to the egregiously poor offensive line play (other than the drops, which CONTINUE to be a huge problem), how can we not extend the same leniency to Grant? Granted, a big part of Grant's production last night was based on play-calling (the draws from shotgun, the screen passes) but at least he showed up: 101 total yards, 51 in run game (11 attempts) and 50 in the pass game.

We weren't going to line up and run right into the strength of the Vikings defense. As we saw, we were probably better for it -- as evidenced by the Packers being able to move the ball IN SPITE of 8 sacks. Take away the negative plays (like ... cut the sacks from 8 to 5) and have Donald Lee catch that TD, and maybe not allow the Vikes to convert every meaningful third down and this is a totally different ball game. I want Jackson back, as well. But I don't have a problem with Grant -- I think he's running hard. I just think he has shit-all for help around him. Truth.

Oh yeah, and James Campen has absolutely shown he has no business being a coach at this level. People want to trickle everything up (poor use of metaphor, I know) to the head coach and GM level. If you do that, I think it should be because Campen was thought of by those two as a solid coaching option. He's not. Not impressed with our o-line talent? Me neither. But virtually all of these sacks are coming against our tackles. There's still some talent there to cultivate -- and Campen isn't the coach to do it. Same mistakes every week doesn't fall on the head coach in this instance, as far as I'm concerned. It falls on the position coach. How did last year's house cleaning not get rid of Campen already? O-line has been thorn in our side for a while.

All things considered -- taking into account how bad we look at times -- if we can fix this o-line MEGAPROBLEM then we CAN move the ball on anyone.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Pack93z
14 years ago

Biggest problems as I see it, on the O-line:

Campen is an ineffective teacher of line play.

We draft tough, scrappy guys like Spitz and Sitton, and then ask them to play finesse ZBS.

Add to that Mike McCarthy's inability to get this team to keep the penalties down...a recipe for disaster.

"digsthepack" wrote:

Amen brother.. been saying that since 07.. this line reeks of poor coaching..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
14 years ago
I couldn't stand watching our guys back pedaling trying to fend off the pass rush with little grab moves, just to watch Minnesota's O-line knock our guys back with decent initial punches in pass pro. The teaching sucks. Campen sucks. I've defended McCarthy and Thompson for just about everything so far, but if they fail to get rid of Campen, the blame starts to move up the ranks.
UserPostedImage
Kingdom22
14 years ago
If this drama of not protecting Rodgers continues, I say fire that guys ass now. If we got no O Line protection we won't make it anywhere. Also, Campen is not the only to blame here Mike and Teddy are a big part of it as well. Thanks to Ted we traded our back up Tackles without knowing if we had a legit line or not.
blank
TheEngineer
14 years ago

Thanks to Ted we traded our back up Tackles without knowing if we had a legit line or not.

"Kingdom22" wrote:

Like Tony Moll? Surely you don't believe he'd be an upgrade would you?
blank
Kingdom22
14 years ago
To be honest he may have worked out. He may had prevented vikings from getting 8 Sacks in a game lol. Just a hope u know.
blank
14 years ago
Moll was even more useless than what we have now.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
He would've prevented some hits by just holding the DE in the first place...
gotarace
14 years ago
I'm not sticking up for James Campen at all...i think his ass should be sent out of Green Bay on the next train. But isn't it Mike Mc Carthy's zone blocking system to begin with? If he is such a expert in this lame ass system why isn't he spending most of his day with the oline coach trying to convey a sence of what this piece-o-crap zone blocking system is to his players. It works like shit and is broke..scrap the idea and move on. Mike McCarthy needs to be man enough to admit the mistake and correct it. They should save two seats on that train and buy Mike McCarthy the second ticket out of town.
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (21h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.