tromadz
14 years ago
Packers fans are being more hated...by me.

For every Greg C or Porky there's a bunch of...IDIOTS and i hate that cuz since GB is 'my team' I want ALL our fans to be awesome.

Not the case. šŸ˜ž
VikesFan82
14 years ago

For every Greg C or Porky there's a bunch of...IDIOTS and i hate that cuz since GB is 'my team' I want ALL our fans to be awesome.

Not the case. :(

"tromadz" wrote:

There is D-bags in every fan base. Packers would be no different.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I don't know how this fits in, but I skimmed through and seen that fans were for Favre, White and then Favre again or something like that. The fact is, Lambeau Field has been sold out long before Favre even started playing football in the NFL. It was sold out before he came and will continue to be sold out after. The Packers have had one of the largest fan bases in any professional sports team for quite a long time.
UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
14 years ago
Like others have said, no offense to the original post in this thread, but I couldn't give two shits on how I'm perceived as a fan. ESPECIALLY by fans of other teams.

My love for my Packers runs deep, and my opinion on the Favre thing is exactly THAT...my opinion. And as such, I'm entitled to it, as others are entitled to be different than mine.
UserPostedImage
sunflower100
14 years ago

I don't know I guess we all have different experiences. I know the reason I became a Packers fan was based on the fans. As a kid, I got to go to a game at Lambeau and thats why I like the Packers in the first place. Unbelievably knowledgable fans, great fanbase, really respectful of the game and the other team even.

I've moved a lot growing up and even now and I never really experienced that general Packers fan hate at all. Like Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots, etc. yeah but people always liked Packers fans and respected them in my general experiences.

But overall, someone I know thats a Lions fan really put it in perspective for me recently. He basically said from his view

"Favre wanted to play, Packers rightfully moved on (they should not have even entertained the idea of a return because Favre's a baby and drama queen) and so Favre moved on. He wanted to play, the Vikings wanted him, is that really enough to destroy 16 years to the point where Packers fans are burning Favre gear and going to boo him?"

I also think that Packers are in a no-win situation because I don't think that the Packers fan inherently are any worse than any other fan base. If Big Ben left the Steelers in a similar manner, there would be a group of Steelers fans that would boo Big Ben and burn his jersey and forget the two Super Bowls. Its just an unfortunate situation that the Packers nation is in.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I don't see People upset when Cutler was booed in Denver during the pre-season. Obviously that isn't anywhere near the same thing (Cutler wasn't in Denver that long) but I didn't see people complaining about that.
blank
RashaanSalaami
14 years ago
There are so few people who have ever been in the shoes of Packer nation. I'm only 20, but I'd go out and say with the way it unraveled, no one has had it worse than us in history (someone yell at me if I'm wrong). Yeah, we could feel sorry for ourselves, instead we're just enjoying Aaron Rodgers and cracking jokes about the things of Favre that we now can see are silly.

People can hate Packer fans all they want, but we won't come close to the Cowboys or Patriots. And in the end, as long as we win on Monday, that's all that matters (at least until the next Favre vs. Packers match-up).
blank
TengoJuego
14 years ago

Non Packer fans have been looking for SOMETHING to piss and moan about us for a long time.
I don't really think it's any different now then it was 10 years ago.
Those that hate us, always hated us.
My answer to them is----Who cares?
If you hate me for my opinion on the whole Brett Favre mess, then you are pretty shallow yourself and need to look at yourself in the mirror.
If thats what you use to gauge your dislike of someone, you have a pretty bad outlook on life.
I have friends that are Bears fans, Viking fans, Steeler fans, and so on. Some can get pretty crazy about their teams. So what? They, and I, know it's ONLY A SPORT!!!
If thats you highest goal, then you are shooting pretty low in my opinion.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I liked this post out of all the posts I read.

I dont "hate" Brett. I cant erase all those years of rooting and cheering for #4. But I WILL NOT, root for him, cheer for him, etc... so long as he wears that purple uniform. I recognize his greatness, the same as I recognize Adrian Peterson's amazing ability, but I wont pretend that I'm happy when I see the Vikings come back and win a game in the final seconds thanks to Favre. I want to see the Vikings lose, and for that to happen, I have to root against Favre.

But its not me "hating" him. Its me being a Packer fan.
beast
14 years ago
Honestly I haven't heard much whining and crying about Favre in out side of football sites...(maybe because I don't live in a NFC North area)... and I don't think Packers fans are crapping on Favre for wanting to play....

They're crapping on Favre because he's made so much drama out of the team treating him like 95% of the players being treated.

I mean he's lied, his agent has lied (about no coming back)... he's made statement like there isn't a chance I'm going back which knowing Favre is stupid to say because their is always a chance and Favre got 12 million dollars... you think the agent got that contract over night? Or had it planed at least some what....

The whole Greta thing.... saying he wants to stick it to the Packers (management)......... and just the all the drama is what Packers are crapping on......

well that and he's playing in the NFC North... I mean come on teams are always crapping on other in division QBs.... people have been crapping on the Vikings, Lions and Bears QBs for as long as i can remember.....

I agree with IronMan if you had in the drama factor and the Vikings factor. I think the Packers fans are treating like any Viking QB that mean drama with the Packers though the media.

I think that the reason so many people "hate" Brett Favre is not because of Brett, but because of his fans that refuse to ever criticize him or hold him accountable for anything.

A lot of those same Favre fans hate Aaron Rodgers just because he isn't Favre; and actually root against him for that reason.

So, to combat the Favre fanatic/Rodgers haters, a lot of Packers fans have retaliated by bashing Brett Favre.

This isn't true for everyone. Some people have never liked Brett. But I firmly believe 90% of the Favre hate is directly related to his crazy fans that think he can do no wrong.

"IronMan" wrote:

UserPostedImage
tromadz
14 years ago

Not the case. :(

"VikesFan82" wrote:

There is D-bags in every fan base. Packers would be no different.

"tromadz" wrote:

I know, but I still kinda hoped..
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

I don't know how this fits in, but I skimmed through and seen that fans were for Favre, White and then Favre again or something like that. The fact is, Lambeau Field has been sold out long before Favre even started playing football in the NFL. It was sold out before he came and will continue to be sold out after. The Packers have had one of the largest fan bases in any professional sports team for quite a long time.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

+1. I wish more people could see it from this perspective.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (36m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? šŸ„ŗ I think that means you missed more than half of them šŸ˜¢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead šŸ¤Ŗ
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.