Silentio
14 years ago
It's going to be weird, but not any weirder than it already is watching Favre play for the Vikings. I hope the Packers destroy them, but I hope they destroy teams every week. I do feel different about this game, however. I hope Woodson get's at least one pick (which looks like a possibility, considering how #21 is playing lately).

Mostly I think this is an important game because Minnesota is Green Bay's biggest division rival this year. Putting up a good fight to the Vikings (if not beating them outright) is the key to the playoffs for the Pack in 2009. Win this game, go into the bye with confidence, rest up and make adjustments and come screaming out of the bye like men possessed. That's what I'd like to see.

But mostly I want to see us destroy the Vikings.
blank
Yuuperguy
14 years ago
I have a finite amount of work to do, so if I plan it right I can have tuesday off. But unfortunately I do not get cable or satellite tv so I do not get espn, gotta stream it, will I drink, most certainly, will I eat food that is bad for me, OH YES!!! Will I regret it, only if the Visqueens win. Looking forward to watching Brett Farve play again, hoping to see him eating a lot of lambeau field. (I have no animosity towards Farve, I think anyone who sets an nfl record just by stepping on the field should play as long has he can.) I do however have an irrational hatred toward the minnesota visqeens that borders on the psychotic. As part of my game ritual I have a human skull,
(from a medical supply company don't get freaked) that we call dead ed, we put a packer bandanna on him and he watched the games with us. (So we have support for the packers from beyond the grave.) I also use the skull to teach anatomy to anyone who is in my house and shows an interest so the skull is not being entirely misused. Gotta go.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Favre is just a player (albeit an excellent player) on another team, so this will simply be another divisional game for me. I won't have any special feelings about it beyond the fact that it's our bitterest rivalry right now and I hope to see the Packers squash the Vikings into an insectine paste.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it because I'll be at team practice. I am not happy about this.
UserPostedImage
Upshall18
14 years ago
I am soooo looking forward to this, though not as much as when Favre visits Lambeau 🙂 I hope we can contain AP and that D-line of theirs and at least keep Rodgers upright for most of the game. And yes, nothing would be sweeter than to see Favre throw a few ints, especially in the 4th quarter to seal the victory for us haha

Hopefully the receivers hold onto the ball this week though
blank
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I just realized I lied. This game will be special in the sense that if the Vikings win, Favre will become the first quarterback in NFL history to have beaten all 32 teams in the league. That is one honor I do not want the Packers to bestow upon him.
UserPostedImage
bt_impaler
14 years ago
In the past four years, Favre has transformed himself from a plain-speaking, regular guy with a passion for the game into a selfish, self-absorbed, prima-donna. I feel betrayed, bamboozled, hoodwinked!

Four years seem like a long time? It started prior to the 2005 season. Javon Walker holds out. Favre tells him to honor his contract. Right on Favre! Then the season starts. Javon blows out his ACL. Tough break - s*!t happens. We have our worst season in years. Now, mind you, losing seasons suck, but they also show the true measure of a competitor. I didn't miss a game that year, and let me tell you, Favre didn't give two craps by the end of the season. He just closd his eyes and hucked that ball up for grabs. "Just a gunslinger", you say? No. He gave up. I lost a lot of respect for him that year. "Yeah, but they were so bad, why bother." Why? Pride.

Anyone remember former Packer, Don Beebe, before when he played for Buffalo? The Cowboys were blowing them out in the Super Bowl and Leon Lett was returning a fumble for an easy TD. Beebe came running from the other end of the field and stripped him of the ball right before crossing the goalline. That's pride. Didn't matter that the game was over - he did everything he could on that play. Favre could learn a thing or two from that.

Moving on.

2006, we go 8-8. McCarthy's first year. He has the gumption to tell Favre to not huck the ball down field and play it underneath. Favre contemplates retirement (I'm uncertain when he first did so, but I believe it started even before 2005 - but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say this is the first time). We finish the season by beating the Bears (Rex Grossman's infamous "I didn't care" game). Mariucci is commenting on the game and he and Favre have a tearful exchange at the end because this might be the last game for Favre. For real!

Now comes the offseason and Favre must have his time to think. The organization suspends their plans to see what the mighty Favre has to say. He didn't see his shadow! He's back for another year!

2007 - Favre actually puts effort into his job again. He trains in the offseason. He attends (a few) minicamps. He's on board. And what do you know - we go 13-3. We even make it all the way to the championship game! Only an errant interception (I'll get to those later) keeps us from getting to the Super Bowl. So close! We can do it next year.

Then the offseason the unthinkable happens. Favre OFFICIALLY retires. FOR REAL! Tearful press conference and all. Well, let me tell you folks, I was P-I-S-S-E-D PISSED! Retire now?! We came so close! Just give us one more year - you can do it! No? Alright then, the Rodgers era begins.

So the Packers plan the new direction for 2008. Rodgers is the new face of the franchise. Then...Favre unretires. Okay...this is awkward.... Hey, you want to return, then return. Understand, though, that by retiring you relinquished your spot as #1 QB. You want to start, come back, compete, and earn it. That hurt his feelings. Then he wants a trade - to the VIKINGS nonetheless. Instead, we deal him to the Jets, include a little poison pill. We move on all the while listening to the Ted Thompson haters and Favrers whine and moan after every loss. Season ends, Favre retires. The end....

Then that bastard unretires again! And signs with....the VIKINGS! He skipped all their minicamps and training camp because he was so torn over the thought of coming back. It had nothing to do with the fact that he wanted to skip camp at all (sarcasm intended). Chilly even picks him up from the airport. I'm surprised any member of the Vikings organization could breathe with how hard they were all [strike]fellating[/strike] acquiescing to Favre. Makes me want to puke.

Now, 2009 - Favre is a Viking. They can have him. He's dead to me. I can no longer withstand the grief he has put me through. The countless interceptions. His playoff meltdowns. Those I could withstand because I thought he was who he said he was. But then he revealed his true self. He's a hypocrite. Just a regular guy who loves the game. Bulls*!t. Had he really loved the game, he'd play for whomever, wherever, whenever, whether he's a starter, 2nd string, or goddamn towel boy. Give until there's nothing left. That's love of the game! He could have played another 10 years and been terrible and I would have loved him for it just as long as he gave it his all.

Come Monday, I want to see him dead and buried at the Metrodome. You can even plant that damned Viking horn next to him. No mercy.

No mercy.
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago

found this courtesy of packer palace

Packer Palace 

Col. Klink is Captain Kirk.

"Packerchick" wrote:

That was pretty good PC!!

I hope we beat the crap out of the Vikings. I would just LOVE to see what happens if that happens. I mean, won't the Vikings fans call for BF's head if that happens?
That would be funny!
UserPostedImage
NormaL
14 years ago
Well, I'm going to get a vasectomy that day so I won't miss the game due to work. :thumbright:
I won't be 3/4 in the bag, but figure i'll be doped up enough.
UserPostedImage
You want to finish your career here?
Favre: "Definitely. If in two years, say, they want to trade me, I'd probably walk away. Retire."
dfosterf
14 years ago

Well, I'm going to get a vasectomy that day so I won't miss the game due to work. :thumbright:
I won't be 3/4 in the bag, but figure i'll be doped up enough.

"NormaL" wrote:

If you tell us that you scheduled this procedure in order to get out of work the next day for the sole purpose of watching that game...

That would be impressive.

:sign5:
Packerchick
14 years ago

found this courtesy of packer palace

Packer Palace 

Col. Klink is Captain Kirk.

"Cheesey" wrote:

That was pretty good PC!!

I hope we beat the crap out of the Vikings. I would just LOVE to see what happens if that happens. I mean, won't the Vikings fans call for Brett Favre's head if that happens?
That would be funny!

"Packerchick" wrote:

Glad you liked it Cheesey.
I am a woman and I love football.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (2h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (5h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (8h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (9h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (19h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.