longtimefan
14 years ago
I think after all this time people should know Mike McCarthy wont let it be known what was said behind closed doors..

but I guess people still think he should explain bit by bit what he told the team
Porforis
14 years ago

What do you guys expect McCarthy to say?

Remember that 31 other teams can view his comments the same way we can. Even if things change he's not going to let on.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

How can it possibly benefit another team if he says "I was extremely disappointed with performance all-around. This week we made our guys put in some additional practice time, and our coaching staff spent individual time with each player going over tape to highlight the errors and - most importantly, what we need to do differently if we need to win."?

But that would just make too much sense.
dfosterf
14 years ago

I think after all this time people should know Mike McCarthy wont let it be known what was said behind closed doors..

but I guess people still think he should explain bit by bit what he told the team

"longtimefan" wrote:

I think we all know that. That is not the same as all of us not bitchin' about it.

Personally, I satiate myself by making fun of him. It is mostly for my own personal consumption when I do it, although I kinda like the way that HC from the Jets is rolling...he makes me laugh, plus I like a little smack/outspoken/guard down a taste from my "hero".
Mike McCarthy sucks at PR. That is different than sucking as a HC. When shit hits the fan, those PR skills can be handy in what is ultimately an entertainment business, even though I am personally not viewing it as such...wound way too tight about it to call it that. :thumbleft:
Porforis
14 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

I think we all know that. That is not the same as all of us not bitchin' about it.

Personally, I satiate myself by making fun of him. It is mostly for my own personal consumption when I do it, although I kinda like the way that HC from the Jets is rolling...he makes me laugh, plus I like a little smack/outspoken/guard down a taste from my "hero".

Mike McCarthy sucks at PR. That is different than sucking as a HC. When shit hits the fan, those PR skills can be handy in what is ultimately an entertainment business, even though I am personally not viewing it as such...wound way too tight about it to call it that. :thumbleft:

"longtimefan" wrote:

You just made me think... Is Mike McCarthy turning into Ned Yost?
Cheesey
14 years ago

"Matt Giordano had two interceptions in practice."

This is no big deal if it is against the practice squad...i can't imagine him playing with the first team today. Hell i could pick off a pass from Brain Brohm.

"gotarace" wrote:

Now...wait a second. That wouldn't be as easy as you think. After all, Brohm's passes arn't normally anywhere NEAR a human being, so it would be tough to pick him off. LOLOL!!!
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

Remember that 31 other teams can view his comments the same way we can. Even if things change he's not going to let on.

"DKF295" wrote:

How can it possibly benefit another team if he says "I was extremely disappointed with performance all-around. This week we made our guys put in some additional practice time, and our coaching staff spent individual time with each player going over tape to highlight the errors and - most importantly, what we need to do differently if we need to win."?

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I dont think it has ANYTHING to do with benefiting another team.

I think it is more they want all negative things to stay behind closed door..Period....

but thats just me
dfosterf
14 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

"DKF295" wrote:

I dont think it has ANYTHING to do with benefiting another team.

I think it is more they want all negative things to stay behind closed door..Period....

but thats just me

"TheEngineer" wrote:

I think that's right. The whole "fiasco" made them all "worse", too. I was listening to Cowherd (I know everyone hates him but me, but whaddya gonna do in your car, listen to music or somethin'?) - Cowherd was talking about college football coaches and the media.

He was making the point that many college football coaches "own" their town, in the sense that they control the local media, that relies upon them. An adjunct to that is that they don't give much of a damn about what they disseminate to the local media, as their organization doesn't rely upon it. The only time they start being deferential or informative,,or the opposite...very guarded...is when the national media starts showing up.

He went on to say that the NFL coaches in the big markets are far more likely to be at least a little more deferential to the media, because the organizations that they represent want and need them to be. I think he mentioned Green Bay as one of the exceptions to this rule, and I think he further went on to say how "they are not used" to the kind of media (national) that descended upon them due to that "fiasco".

Remember, this is the organization that went and got a politico for PR purposes. They are way used to having (relatively speaking) softballs thrown their way. That quasi-cozy relationship is being dismantled by the competition for information, the switch to a web-based source of information--all kinds of reasons. In the net big scheme of things, it is probably a good thing, but our organization seems resistant to the change, as they came to many of these realizations as a result of the whole retire/unretire/retire thingy.

Why a good thing? Just look at what is happening with the local media. GBPG has become one hell of a lot more tech-savvy--- everybody there is now blogging, we get to learn what is going on practice, etc. JsOnline is running neck and neck with them at those practices, blogs in practical real time from all of them...We get all kinds of information that used to take--God forbid-- almost a DAY to get (can you imagine :thumbleft: ) due to some of this shift in the way we get our news.

Thing is, we don't get enough of it--relatively speaking--from where we want it...The Packers themselves. They have to rely on a passionate fanbase, moreso than any other franchise, which means their version has to be carefully orchestrated whenever possible. This is way too long, and really only begins to crack/broach some of my opinions...sorry.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
One thing about McCarthy, that drives me nuts, is that he never shows the fire I want to see from the HC. Has he ever gotten in the face of a player that messed up? We know there have been many chances. I can't recall a time. His press conferences are all watered down, politically correct nonsense. Once i would like him to show a little emotion. Seeing him come out with a "Playoffs, did you say playoffs" or "They are who we thought they were" type remark that actually shows he might give a shit.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
bozz_2006
14 years ago
just watching recaps of the game.... MAN, if we can play that badly, and still only come up 10 yards shy of tying the game, I gotta think we can correct this stuff. I mean, when have you seen us play that poorly in recent memory? And we still came up only 10 yards shy of a tie. Theycan fix this stuff.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

One thing about McCarthy, that drives me nuts, is that he never shows the fire I want to see from the HC. Has he ever gotten in the face of a player that messed up? We know there have been many chances. I can't recall a time. His press conferences are all watered down, politically correct nonsense. Once i would like him to show a little emotion. Seeing him come out with a "Playoffs, did you say playoffs" or "They are who we thought they were" type remark that actually shows he might give a shit.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Finley last year, behind closed doors they werent having tea

It is not his style to berate a player in the media....

Why don't people understand that?

Question....Last few SB participants coaches how many of them have you seen attack their players in the media?

I do not know of any times it has happened..
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (1h) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (8h) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (9h) : *game plan
Martha Careful (9h) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (12h) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

21-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.