TengoJuego
14 years ago
Time for Woodson to play some safety.
Tezzy
14 years ago

One wonders if players ever practice or even do tackling during any practice session during the year.

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

I've definitely heard and read this being an issue around the league. Now that these players get paid so much money they are protected all the time, and that does now include more tackling practice and training camp through the entire season. I believe that has been a big reason so many injuries occur in preseason nowadays, it's the real first time people are actually hitting each other. I'll have to dig around to find the quotes from the coaches complaining about not being able to practice tackling like the old days.
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
Tezzy
14 years ago

Time for Woodson to play some safety.

"TengoJuego" wrote:

Since he's been our most consistent run supporter this year, might as well put him at SS and pin his ears back. That could easily factor into the decision processes made recently. Has Mike McCarthy been asked directly about possible connection of Woodson playing safety if Martin or Gio can't step in quick enough?
On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
DakotaT
14 years ago
I can't believe the amount of people upset over losing Rouse and Smith. They both sucked. They were not assignment sure and both were not mentally adequate for the position. I also have serious reservations about Bigby's capabilities in those areas. You want big hits, insert a linebacker at safety then.

I want the guy that doesn't give up some flailing quail for a long completion like one of those to Ocho, and who also properly takes angles to the ball carrier. Gordiano sounds like he should be able to handle center field.

For now in base defense Woodson should start at safety and Tramon at his corner position.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago

Is this Giordano guy any good? And does anyone one know what exactly is collins' chest injury is?

"bennettlvr88" wrote:

According to Brett slobbers on his forum only reason why this guy was picked up is because he is friends with Rodgers..

How in the hell those people over there can go on day by day with ideas that require tin foil on their heads to function is beyond me

anyways...Yes he is one of the fastest players in the AFC and is suppose to be a good/ great S/T player
Pack93z
14 years ago

I can't believe the amount of people upset over losing Rouse and Smith.

"DakotaT" wrote:

It really isn't cutting either one of these gents individually.. it is more the timing of it all with the known fact of Bigby and Rouse being nicked up before the cuts.

Logic says you hold onto an extra guy with experience through camp until Bigby and Rouse are at full strength or you have a chance to get a newcomer ready to step in.. then cut Smith loose if you think he can't be trusted for an entire season..

In the end.. I give two pinches less the name on the jersey.. as long as they can play and have a passion to go with it.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

I can't believe the amount of people upset over losing Rouse and Smith.

"pack93z" wrote:

It really isn't cutting either one of these gents individually.. it is more the timing of it all with the known fact of Bigby and Rouse being nicked up before the cuts.

Logic says you hold onto an extra guy with experience through camp until Bigby and Rouse are at full strength or you have a chance to get a newcomer ready to step in.. then cut Smith loose if you think he can't be trusted for an entire season..

In the end.. I give two pinches less the name on the jersey.. as long as they can play and have a passion to go with it.

"DakotaT" wrote:

Hopefully this is a sign that Martin is, or very close to be ready to go.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
dfosterf
14 years ago
So we got two lightning fast safety/CB hybrids to replace what we had. All the other stuff that is factored in...Is our anger so great that we cannot see how this is potentially an extremely good upgrade, with both moves?

Yes, I know all the timing arguments, I know all the arguments regarding what were they thinking when they did a, b, c....

I (personally) like it...all things considered...

a lot.
DakotaT
14 years ago

So we got two lightning fast safety/CB hybrids to replace what we had. All the other stuff that is factored in...Is our anger so great that we cannot see how this is potentially an extremely good upgrade, with both moves?

Yes, I know all the timing arguments, I know all the arguments regarding what were they thinking when they did a, b, c....

a lot.

"dfosterf" wrote:

All I give a shit about is if they are able to tackle. A safety that can't tackle is like having gay breeding bull.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

a lot.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I will like it when I see these "speed" and "intelligence" on the field making plays for us and not against us.

Sorry if I am tired of all the talk.. I freaking want to see a jacked up squad take the field this Sunday and more importantly the following Monday.

Get er' Done.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (11h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (12h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (15h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (18h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (19h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.