Rockmolder
14 years ago

Smith blew his assignment on his big interception on preseason. The offense was running two WR up field between the sideline and hash mark. Smith was responsible for deep coverage on that side of the field instead Smith was playing center field.

"PackFanWithTwins" wrote:

Sounds like Rouse's interception again the Colts last year.

Smith made some mistakes and went for glory instead of serving the greater good too often. At least, that's what I asume. Problem is, half of our safeties do this. Collins is ballhawking on places where he's really stretching his zones, Rouse appears to go for glory on every passing play when he's in and Bigby, well, he had that same spirit in 2007, but is just that solid guy right now. Bush couldn't cover a 200 pound fullback, so I'm not even going to go there.

I want to go even further back and say that it's a shame that we didn't get Leonhard. Long shot, as he eventually went after his coach, but still, that would've been a great addition.

I don't have such hard feelings about Smith being let go as some of you, but it's not my favorite move either. Especially since they apparently don't even trust Martin on the field as a safety or something.
14 years ago
I would be happy with Giordano. I don't know anything about the other 2.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago
if people remember how i was laughing and making fun of Ted Thompson for making his big splashes in the off season of picking up Smith and Preston and of course he did the Ted Thompson thing and cut both of them.

Folks remember Ted Thompson believes in his players being able to play multiple positions and he's not to concerned about have a player that plays one position well. We will always be a mediocre team under Ted Thompson and his strategy. He is in year 5 wtf are we doing being the youngest team again.

Sorry RP it doesn't look to good for TT's 5 year plan. Btw RP come back and do some posting i miss them.

Anyone seen CAliforinia guy around after Rodgers has started slow? He was all over during the preseason.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago
I wanted Bush gone last year. That one still amazes me.

A very strange thing happened, I am no longer as passionate about it as I once was.

I'm sure it is a fleeting sentiment...the whole charitable thing...

:thumbleft:

And maybe...just maybe...this whole workout thing with safeties will see Bush hitting the bricks.
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Is Mao Zedong in any way related to you, dhazer? Whenever we have a negative topic, you pop in and make one of your speeches. Lol.

You're right to a certain degree, though. With just a few FA additions we would've put this team over the top, I think. Two might've been enough. One of the problems was that the OT class was pretty shallow. I mean, when Marvel Smith, Tra Thomas and Mark Tauscher are the cream of the crop in the FA market at a position, you know you won't get that much out of them. They're all players that you can quickly plug a gap with. Something like we'd need now. But they're not the kinds of guys you want to throw money at in the off-season.

Same goes for safety. The only guy who switched teams who was any good was Brian Dawkins. Another player who's really getting up there in age.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

Smith blew his assignment on his big interception on preseason. The offense was running two WR up field between the sideline and hash mark. Smith was responsible for deep coverage on that side of the field instead Smith was playing center field.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Sounds like Rouse's interception again the Colts last year.

Smith made some mistakes and went for glory instead of serving the greater good too often. At least, that's what I asume. Problem is, half of our safeties do this. Collins is ballhawking on places where he's really stretching his zones, Rouse appears to go for glory on every passing play when he's in and Bigby, well, he had that same spirit in 2007, but is just that solid guy right now. Bush couldn't cover a 200 pound fullback, so I'm not even going to go there.

I want to go even further back and say that it's a shame that we didn't get Leonhard. Long shot, as he eventually went after his coach, but still, that would've been a great addition.

I don't have such hard feelings about Smith being let go as some of you, but it's not my favorite move either. Especially since they apparently don't even trust Martin on the field as a safety or something.

Well Martin has only been on the team 2 weeks. I would like to see him on the field just so I can get a feel for his play. Rouse looked pretty good to me this week overall. He was tackling better than most of the normal starters, wrapping up, and was nice to see him tough it out after he got that shoulder stinger. He also seems to be playing with more control than in the past. I think the zone coverage fits him better than the man scheme did.

If we have to go to which ever S they are looking at now, we are screwed anyways. All this looking may just be for future if more injuries start hitting the position.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Pack93z
14 years ago

That is one.. +1.

But when Woodson plays off, baits in the throw, jumps it and makes a big play we cheer him. Smith was out of position yet recovered and made a play.. and we scold him. Or maybe it was highlighted to defend his upcoming release.. not that I am sold on that story.. but..

But I won't deny.. Smith was way to shallow on that coverage..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
14 years ago

Folks remember Ted Thompson believes in his players being able to play multiple positions and he's not to concerned about have a player that plays one position well.

"dhazer" wrote:

Where's the proof of this silly statement? I'm guessing you read something about how two players were very close and one's ability to play ST well was the deciding factor, and you determined that they chose to take the player who was ok on D (or O) and ST vs. the player who was great on D (or O) and bad on ST. Reading an article with a skewed perception and letting it affect what you read is pretty much your M.O..
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

Is Mao Zedong in any way related to you, dhazer? Whenever we have a negative topic, you pop in and make one of your speeches. Lol.

You're right to a certain degree, though. With just a few FA additions we would've put this team over the top, I think. Two might've been enough. One of the problems was that the OT class was pretty shallow. I mean, when Marvel Smith, Tra Thomas and Mark Tauscher are the cream of the crop in the FA market at a position, you know you won't get that much out of them. They're all players that you can quickly plug a gap with. Something like we'd need now. But they're not the kinds of guys you want to throw money at in the off-season.

Same goes for safety. The only guy who switched teams who was any good was Brian Dawkins. Another player who's really getting up there in age.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

OK--We got your English finely honed. Your football knowledge borders on the incredible. Now we got to get to work on this whole trying to have a reasonable discussion with Dhaze when he interjects his pure unadulterated bullshit. My input? Tell him to kindly take his Ted Thompson hate and stick it where the sun don't shine and be done with it, lol.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

That is one.. +1.

But when Woodson plays off, baits in the throw, jumps it and makes a big play we cheer him. Smith was out of position yet recovered and made a play.. and we scold him. Or maybe it was highlighted to defend his upcoming release.. not that I am sold on that story.. but..

But I won't deny.. Smith was way to shallow on that coverage..

Big difference between playing off, and being out of position though. Woody is still covering his zone.

And as for looking at S. Not a bad idea when the first 3 are all dinged up after two weeks.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.