zombieslayer
14 years ago
Zero - You can put your love for a position aside.

Now the part about pass friendly league, I agree with. You as much as look at a QB wrong, you practically get a 15-yard penalty and a fine. I forgot who said it, but you might as well put skirts on them nowadays. It's one reason I hate P Manning so much because every time he doesn't get things his way, he starts crying to the Ref.

Twins and Rock - I feel the same way. However, I could care less if we get an elite RB unless he's like Marshall Faulk or Brian Westbrook (an outstanding receiving RB). I do like Grant because he doesn't fumble, but RB has become a "nice to have" in today's NFL.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
brnt247
14 years ago
This is the year to draft CJ Spiller and let him develop under Grant and become another passing option for Rodgers. Eventually our offense should look like the Saints, in which we have a number of players in the 300-800 yard range with maybe one receiver above that number. That's when we'll have a near unstoppable offense.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I'm thinking Noel Devine, not Spiller 🙂
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

I'm thinking Noel Devine, not Spiller :)

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'm thinking Noel Devine because CJ Spiller will be long gone by pick 32.

Or, a little more realistically at this point, pick 25.

There's no doubt in my mind that CJ is better and would make for the perfect complamentary back to Grant.

Problem is, we have Brandon Jackson emerging. He's no speedster, but he can dance and receive. We have a solid starting RB and two solid 3rd down options.

I'd love a CJ/Devine guy. Don't see it happening this year, though.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
If we would have been able to run Grant on that last drive, eat up clock, the Steelers don't get nearly as much time to march down the field to score.

That's how a running game can help you win a game.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

If we would have been able to run Grant on that last drive, eat up clock, the Steelers don't get nearly as much time to march down the field to score.

That's how a running game can help you win a game.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

No, Grant would have broken another long run for TD, giving the ball back quicker.

But then we would have had time left to come back again.

/sarcasm
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
14 years ago
When we don't run the ball, we should just start assuming we are going to lose lol.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
When you score 36 points, you should win a game.

You can thank Aaron Rodgers and the passing game for the 36 points. Had we run more, we wouldn't have had 36 points.

The D gets the blame for the loss here. Had nothing to do with how many carries Grant got.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
14 years ago

When you score 36 points, you should win a game.

You can thank Aaron Rodgers and the passing game for the 36 points. Had we run more, we wouldn't have had 36 points.

The D gets the blame for the loss here. Had nothing to do with how many carries Grant got.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I still think the success of our defense has been dominating the time of possession. And that comes with long drives and running the ball. Which we didn't have either last game. During our 5 game win streak we dominated the time of possession and we ran the ball for an average of 20 times. Then what do you know when we stop running the ball and we get dominated in the time of possession by 11 minutes the defense lets up 37 points and we lose. There is a pattern, when we don't run the ball our defense has given up 31, 30, 38, and 37 points.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (9m) : Maybe
    Mucky Tundra (23m) : Yes
    Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
    Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    12m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.