Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Barbarisms  like "u" and "ur" are neither misspellings nor bad grammar. They are deliberate usage choices.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

Barbarisms  like "u" and "ur" are neither misspellings nor bad grammar. They are deliberate usage choices.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Shorthand. Pretty much everyone uses it to save room for more characters.

Much like the usage of the 1337 $[]D34|<**

**:Ok, not for the same reasons.. it's a cultural/generational thing.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Porforis
14 years ago

My friggen 4th-grade sister writes better than these millionaires. That's what I find most disturbing.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Did she just get her ass handed to her? Did she resort to firing comments back emotionally with a character limit?

I don't wanna hear about your sister, unless you have one over 21 and single, k thx. :)

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

She is over 21 and single, she just hasn't gotten past fourth grade :P

I mean that completely in good fun, drivel. The age of technology has evolved into RAPID information. Humans always want to do things faster, faster, faster... More than they want to do things better better better.

Back on the subject though, you'd better perform better, Grant. Notice how Cedrick Benson was falling forward, rather than falling backwards onto his ass whenever he ran into someone? A yard or two here or there tends to add up... As does holding onto the football.

All in all... Don't like the idea of players twittering. Could result in some pretty bad PR situations. If I were GM, I'd let my players twitter, but there would be a three strikes and you're out rule... Have to be professional and careful about what you say if you're a player. Don't be professional and start causing drama? You lose your privilege.
xavierlee9
14 years ago
On one hand, I'm happy they're so mad..Shows how much they care. On the other hand, some of the snide comments are a little off putting.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
For the players-If you are going to "tweet", you can't pick and choose. When you get your butt handed to you on the field, what do you expect fans to do? Pat you on the back? Say "It's ok!"

Like Ironman said.......he paid out ALOT of money to come to the game, as did MANY fans. And to see a lackluster performance in all areas of the game by your team is unacceptable.

You get paid more for playing ONE GAME then most fans make working their asses off for several years.
So fans have a RIGHT to be mad AND to take you to the woodshed when it's deserved.......and yesterday's game? IT WAS DESERVED.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

I am trying to figure out how people like that CEO do it.

"Wade" wrote:

"Brevity is the soul of wit," etc. In contrast to my screen name, I am a big believer in conciseness, which is one of the reasons why my average post is quite short. My continual quest as a writer is to say as much as possible in the fewest words possible. Creativity emerges not in the absence of boundaries, but in the presence of constraints. That is why poetic forms like the sonnet were so popular for so many years: they challenged writers to come up with non-trite turns of phrase in a strict format. "Free verse," as Robert Frost liked to say, "is like playing tennis with the net down." So if one desires to use a constrained medium like Twitter to hone one's craft, more power to them -- and for that it could have great value. But there is only value if the writer uses that opportunity to purge all the dross from his words. The problem with Tweeters is they not only fail to do that, they do just the opposite. Twitter thus becomes a platform for unrefined banality.

But, trust me, in the old days, the ratio of shit to value was just as high. It's just that the data set is so much bigger now that it seems worse.

"Wade" wrote:

I don't deny this. I'm one of those geeky college students who actually seeks out old sources for his papers: masters theses from the 1920s and the like. As I've read papers from various eras, I've noticed that editorial standards have increased significantly in the past hundred years or so -- and rightfully so. In the era of manual typewriters, a single mistake on a key could set you back a page -- or several, depending on the layout of the page. Today it's a matter of correcting a mistake on a screen. Even more the point, all word processors and major internet browsers have built-in spell checkers. When people write things these days, their screens must be riddled with squiggly red lines that they simply ignore.

So yes, I feel justified in holding this generation to a higher standard.

I will say this: There are some people on this very forum who should probably feel at least a little humbled that a guy like Rockmolder, after a little more than a year, knows more about football and writes better English than they do after an entire lifetime. I know I often feel stupid next to him, anyway, and I'm not a (very) dumb guy.
UserPostedImage
twebdonny
14 years ago
After seing this thread I am interested in actually following the players
tweets. Does anyone have the definitive list of verified Packers twitter pages?

Thanks
DJ
www.travel-ascending.com
Trippster
14 years ago
scorz is short for scores. saving a character whenever possible especially if you have a lot to say.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Trippster
14 years ago
cheesey, I agree that fans pay a lot and deserve a lot.

On the other hand, I think we can only expect 100% of their efforts. It is an athletic endeavor where two are competing against each other.

Some days, no matter how you prepare, you don't play well.

If you paid to watch tiger a few years ago at the British Open when he shot 81 would you talk about how bad he sucks and send him twitters to the same effect or would you write it off as he just had a bad day?

I think, just as on this forum, you should only tweet what you would say to the other person in person.

I don't blame Barnett for upset with personal attack on twitter. Expect it? yes. Still doesn't change it is in poor taste and no one has that right.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Pack93z
14 years ago
Well the insight from players is mildly interesting, I think this is a good move by Barnett.

Additionally... I respect the amount of effort that Nick has put into rehabbing and getting ready to go.

But for him to act like he is the only player that has worked his ass off and that he doesn't understand the rotation thing... well it is simple. You got your ass handed to you in the running game.. my 5th grade son fights off a block better than a few attempts from Barnett yesterday..

Bishop may make mistakes here and there, but the kid knocks people around inside the box and disrupts things.. freaking disappointed they didn't put him in there to try to help stop the bleeding on the run defense.

But seeing the 'tude of Barnett.. apparently we see that some politics are still in play in Green Bay.

Nick Barnett quits Twitter
Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2009 10:53 AM ET
When Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco did it before the start of the regular season, we knew it wouldn't last.

Now that Packers linebacker Nick Barnett is bailing on Twitter until the 2010 offseason, we have a feeling it will stick.

In announcing to his 17,000-plus followers that he's signing off for now, Barnett acknowledges that: (1) he's emotional; and (2) he often forgets that "everything is public" on Twitter.

The move comes a day after he very publicly invited all who booed him for celebrating a tackle during Sunday's 31-24 loss to the Bengals to "KISS MY ASS."

Barnett also says that he made the decision without talking to anyone from the Packers.

We have a feeling he won't be the last one to pull the plug on his Twitter page, during the season if not permanently.

"PFTalk" wrote:

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.